Wayne_Kent_Seago: Challenge #5 - How Low (LDL) Can We Go?

Wayne_Kent_Seago

This will be my fifth challenge since discovering NerdFitness.com and I am so excited to get it started. Since starting these challenges I have lost over 30 pounds (over 40 since I decided that I was done with being fat), I can now run over 5K when I could not run for more than a minute without nearly passing out, I can now do more push-ups than at any other point in my life. The best part is, it is only going to get better as I keep working to improve myself. 

My Main Quest continues to be to lower my LDL cholesterol to under 130. When I first found this site, it was 156 which is the top end of the "borderline high" range. After changing the way I eat and exercising over the last four challenges, I dropped it to 140! That is now the middle of that range, but I want it lower. Therefore, for this challenge I will...

1. Continue 5K-10K training 3x per week (STA 4)

A = 16 - 18

B = 13 - 15

C = 10 - 12

F = >10

2. Do 100 push-up challenge 3x per week (STR 3)

A = 16 - 18

B = 13 - 15

C = 10 - 12

F = >10

3. Stay under 2,000 net calories 6x per week (CON 3)

A = 32 - 36 days

B = 27 - 31 days

C = 22 - 26 days

F = > 21 days

My side quest is to enter and run a 5K so in order to achieve that, my side quest will be:

4. Enter and run a 5K race (STA 2, CON 2)

A = do it

B = fail to do it

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

UPDATE: I was thinking about my goals and I am amending the third goal for this challenge. While I will still obsessively track my calories, I want to focus on the distance that I run as a goal for this challenge. So strike #3 above and replace with:

3. Run a total of 70 km during the challenge:

A = 65 - 70 km

B = 59 - 64 km

C = 53 - 58 km

D = 47 - 52 km

F = > 47 km

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Atta boy Wayne! We can keep each other company in our running ^_^. Glad you amended the calories, if it's something you're already in good habit of doing then you should be pushing yourself to do something else.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Atta boy Wayne! We can keep each other company in our running ^_^. Glad you amended the calories, if it's something you're already in good habit of doing then you should be pushing yourself to do something else.

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

How is your running going?

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

I'm still running! It took a pretty serious hit in my pacing when I got back into school but I'm still at a 10 minute pace. Not the worst but not the best either. Looking forward to your challenge ^_^

Good to see you back.  Are you looking at doing just a normal 5k, or something like a color run or zombie run type thing?

The one I signed up for is just a normal 5K, it fit in my time frame of getting it done in this challenge. I would love to do a color run or a zombie run. 

How is your challenge going, Tateman?

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

There is some bad news to report, and one bright spot in my assessment of my perfromance during this challenge. I started off strong, but ended badly. Reasons are all poor excuses for not executing as I know I am capable. First the bad...

1. Do 5K-10K training 3x per week (STA 4):

3x per week would be 18 runs, and I logged only 9 runs during this challenge. Grade of F

2. Do 100 pushup challenge 3x per week (STR 3):

3x per week would be 18 workouts, and I logged 10 during this challenge. Grade of C

3. Run a total of 70 km this challenge (CON 3):

I ran 47 km this challenge. Grade of D

Now for the good:

4. Enter and run a 5K race (STA 2, CON 2)

I did it and set a personal best of 33:38 (faster than I have ever run it during my morning runs). Grade of A

If this were my reports card (F, C, D, and an A) it would be a 1.75 GPA, and likely to get me kicked off whatever team I was on - or at least on probation.

Digging for a bright spot to report - I did enter and run a 5K and I did pretty well for where I am in my running. I also ran 47 km (a little over 29 miles).

The last two weeks have not been good in terms of me getting out of bed and getting after it. It has been cold, but it is cold in lots of places and people still manage to workout. I will re-commit to fitness beginning immediately and get my mojo back.

Look out next challenge, I am coming for you...

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Oh, one more thing. Because I feel as if I failed to live up to my potential, I am not leveling up this challenge and will not be adding any stat points to my character. I will also be "re-enrolling" in most of the goals for this challenge. I think the running and the push-up challenge are the exercises that will build strength and endurance. I find I enjoy running (which I never would have thought possible) and have my eye on some other races in 2014. I will not be having a distance challenge this time as I found it forced me to ignore the workouts included in the 5K-10K app and just go for distance. Those workouts are there for a reason and skipping them is not helping me do better in runs or to run faster. This time I will abide by the workouts and sprint when it says sprint and slow down when it says slow down.

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Thanks Tateman! I am looking forward to the next challenge.

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines