Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

My first quest went rather well. Life threw several hurdles at me…but I more or less made it over them. Time to see if I can do it again…but this time..lets do it:

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

MAIN QUEST: Kiss the fat goodbye. Want to be down to ~15%BF when all is said and done. (Very long term goal.)

MOTIVATION: Seeing the man in the mirror become something that doesn't disgust me. (It's happening! Slowly.)

All point based grades follow the scale below. The overall grade will be an average of the three main quest goals. The side quest will not factor into the average.

100-90 A

89-80 B

79-70 C

69-60 D

60-0 F

Workout M,W,F: This is a repeat from the last challenge. Although I did well…I still did not successfully establish a habit. This time I hope to make it stick. Grading on this one will be a little harsher than it was last time. Scored weekly, challenge averaged at the end. Each day is worth 33%...so two missed in a week fails the week.

Mobility: I want to increase my flexibility and overall range of motion, so after each workout I must perform stretching routines from Starret’s book “Becoming a Supple Leopardâ€. Grading is the same as workouts. This will tie to a side quest at the end.

Diet: Although I have managed to almost completely eliminate sugar and wheat (cheating happens), eating out happens more often than it should. This has negative impact on both health, and my finances. I am not sure how I want to grade this…as just attempting to make EVERY meal at home would be a recipe for failure.

I think for now the goal will be set at 50% of my evening meals. Excluding weekends. So..6 weeks…minus weekends…50% of the evening meals would be 15. Calling it 7pts per meal.   

Side Quest: Do a complete squat-to-stand, without the pain, shaking, and whimpering.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

STR:8 DEX:4 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHR:2

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

Still on SL. Missed several days this past couple weeks due to Grandma being in the hospital, but started up again Friday. Everything is easy except the OHP. Nearly failed Friday at 95lbs. You probably breezed by me during my down time. :P

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

Great goals!

I have to say "squat to stands"  were really hard when I first started doing them.  I still break a sweat but they are getting easier! I say wow to 95lbs on OHP!  That seems to be the lift people have a problem with.  Awesome work!

Level 2   Human Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: current  1

Nice goals! Subbed! I like your focus on habit forming, for me that's the key right there. Goals are secondary to process! Good luck, seems like you'll kick some ass this challenge.

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Well, first day was a mixed bag.

Workout went well.

Squats- 160lbs

Press- 130lbs

Rows- 130lbs

Did not stretch after. The wife was freaked out because someone was waiting for the rack, so she decided we were leaving after my workout. :/

Then we went to Taco Bell.

Not the best start.

Checked my weight this morning. 260lbs. Coming off slowly. I don't watch this very close since it's a bad metric for tracking progress while doing body recomposition. But that is 38lbs so far. Slow and steady.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Not the best start, but definitely not the worst start either! You can still do some stretches at home, just warmup with some jumping jacks and such so you can get a few stretches in. Not the same as right after your workout, but hey! (I love stretches haha)

I'm confused as to why someone waiting for the rack would mean you didn't get to stretch unless you are stretching in the rack. If that's the case then maybe a "plan B" for stretches would help. Alternates are better than none.

Can't comment on the taco bell as I just ate a piece of cake! Lol. I really have cut down on the junk but sometimes I just can't help myself!

Level 2   Human Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: current  1

Yeah....I did some after we got home, but nothing as comprehensive as I would have done at the gym while still warm from the workout.

We are going to have another talk about her lack of motivation not keeping me from my goals. I try not to be mean about it, and I will never push the things I'm doing on her...but I cannot have anyone keeping me from this. Its far too easy for me to fall off the horse.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

I have had to leave and come back SEVERAL times. If I am there first...then you will wait. I always offer to let them work between my sets...but that is all.

This was just an excuse to leave the gym right that minute. She is having problems with her motivation. I really can't help her much with it...she has to have her own reason to do these things. Anything I say or do will just make her think she is being pushed. I can live with that, but it's important that she not interfere with what little drive I have. :P

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Yeah. Its fine if she does not want to work out, but if she insists on coming with me...then she needs to wait until I am done before we shuffle out of there.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Doms are pretty bad today. I figure it is from the long break I took. Shouldn't just jump back in after something like that. Oh well.

Did much better with dinner last night. Went to the whole foods and ate at the salad bar. Healthiest thing I could come up with between work and the hospital. Things will be easier when this situation with Grandma is over.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Sometimes "best possible food choice" is all you can do, and that's nothing to shake a stick at!

I always get bad DOMS when I start back up again, but it'll pass! Try to think of it as VICTORY SORENESS and try not to fall down the stairs!

Nuribaby, Level 2 Scout

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4.25 | WIS .25 | CHA 1

Current Challenge (Prev 1) | Strength in Numbers | Battle Log | MyFitnessPal

"Let us, then, be up and doing,

With a heart for any fate;

Still achieving, still pursuing,

Learn to labor and to wait."

"A Psalm of Life", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Maybe I'm a bit of a sadist, but I love the feeling. Esp after a big back day, stretching out the shoulders feels great then :-D

Lets you know you're alive and working hard towards your goals!

Sent from the FBI van 3 blocks down the road.

Level 1 Tiefling Warrior

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone,
into the Shadow with teeth bared,

screaming defiance with the last breath,
to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

I like the way doms feel...except when my legs are so trashed it feels like I might fall down with each step. :)

Failed my OHP last night. I suppose I get to go ahead and add weight next time and see if I fail again...then deload.

Squats- 165lbs 5x5

OHP - 100lbs 5x3, 3, 4

DL - 165lbs 5

Something in my ass/back area is killing me this morning. Will have to sneak off and spend time with Mr. Foam Roller.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Just a quick update. Nothing much has changed since the last one. Things have been crazy since grandma died. Dealing with family and such has been super draining on my willpower. I am probably going to strike last week from the record. I will try to start lifting and get back on diet goals either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines