Dr. Kate: No Pain = Win

Dr. Kate

MY MAIN QUEST
Health.  Keep my autoimmune disorder quiescent. Build habits for the long haul.  I will be fit at 90.  This will be more likely if I'm fit and healthy now.

Goal 1:
Move:
Strength (NFA Bodyweight Brigade Level 2) M/W/F   (1 point/workout) 18 possible 
Run to gym/cardio kickboxing class Tu (1 point/class) 6 possible
Run to gym/yoga class Thurs (1 point/class) 6 possible
Run 5 K Sun (1 point/K) 30 possible

Why so  many points for the Sunday run, you ask?  Because it's the one I'm least consistent with. I'm signed up for a half marathon next May, and while I have no plans to up my mileage before February, I need to have that 5k base consistent before then. The gym is a bit over 1K from my house, and I run there on T/TH, but tend to walk home.

Exceptions:  If my autoimmune thingy is flaring, I get a 'bye'.  I will walk, but too much exercise increases my inflammation.  Missing a planned 'move' due to a bye will decrease the total possible points for the challenge.   

Goal 2:
Eat:
NF level 9/10 paleo.  
Exceptions: No nightshades, grapes or grape products.
Will eat:
1-2 servings bone broth/day
1 pound organ meat/week
2+ servings fermented foods/day

Proper food is really helpful for keeping my inflammation in check. :)

Goal 3:
Sleep:
8 hours of sleep.  As I tend to wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake for several hours, this means a 21:40 bedtime for a 7:40 alarm.  
Bedtime routine with 3yo starting at 19:00.  Read to 9yo from 19:45-21:00.  Take magnesium supplement and Epsom salt bath starting 21:00.  

LIFE SIDE QUEST:

Finish what I've started.

1: finish the knitted angry bird plushies for my 9yo.

2: purge/reorganize book shelves

MY MOTIVATION:

Living without pain.   :peaceful:

• Like 1

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

11 NOV

Move: ding!

Eat: prepped hidden liver meatballs (and ate a few), ate my broth and a giant fermented pickle

Sleep: ding!

Side: cleared off one book case and moved it to an adjoining room

Weighed/measured myself yesterday.  

I need to just stay off the scale.  :pirate:  Because I weigh all of 2 pounds less than I did on 24 Jul (and 2 lbs *more* than I did at the end of that 6 week challenge)

Measurement wise, since 24 july:

lost: 1 inch on bust

1.5 inches under bust

2 inches on waist

2 inches on hips

1 inch on each upper thigh

So we'll just say I've lost some body fat and gained some muscle.  

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

12 Nov.

Move: ding! (didn't run to the gym, but did go on a long walk earlier in the day.  did some extra jump rope when the kickboxing instructor ran to use the toilet in the middle of class)

Eat: ding! (ate a bit high on carbs, though didn't eat any food on my list of 'non-foods')

Sleep:  I'm late to bed.  Hopefully I'll still get my 8 hours.  Let ya know in the morning.  :moon:

Did get my 8 hours.  The epsom salt bath is some sort of sleep miracle for me.   :peaceful:

13 November

Move: ding! Extra workout yesterday - they have a monthly 'bootcamp' at my son's school. 30 minutes of bodyweight circuits followed by 30 minutes of PE games or (if you choose) Yoga. During the BW part someone came up to me and told me that I win because I was doing (high) planks with my 40 lb. 3yo on my back. Yeah me!   In other news, my knees are bothering me a bit. Need to do some form tweaking on my squats.... 

Eat: din!  no g because I was low on protein, water, and overall calories yesterday.  Didn't eat until about 1 in the afternoon (note, I'm not supposed to do intermittent fasting so this is bad), and then I just didn't eat enough to make up for not eating breakfast.  A bit of DOMS this morning.  Probably a combo of the extra mini-workout and the low protein.   :(

Sleep: fail!  Got to bed late due to some 'emergency' later than normal errands.  Woke up after 6 hours of sleep, and didn't fall back to sleep.  AND this is why I need to plan for 10 hours in bed to get 8.  :bah:

Life: refilled/organized most of one bookcase.  Huzzah!

Running low on fermented stuff.  And it will be a bit before more are ready.  Which means I need to buy some.   :(

14 Nov

Move: ding! Yoga.  Heavy breather next to me.  Need to not be next to him next week. (Though Huzzah! to all the men in the yoga class).

Eat: ding! a bit high on the dark chocolate intake (some 77% cocoa on sale - so much sweeter than my normal 85% cocoa).  Bought some bottled plain kombucha to help revive my scoby, but didn't realize it was expired until I got it home.  If it was 'flavored' (I sometimes grab a flavored one as a treat if I'm thirsty and in the appropriate store) I'd just drink it, but now I need to take it back.  :(

Sleep: Abject fail.  Up too late reading on my kindle.  

Side: Moved a few books. :meh:

Sleep: Abject fail.  Up too late reading on my kindle.  

Hah. Yeah, books are dangerous. I try not to read new books right before bed because if I get sucked into the story, I'll keep reading to find out what happens and won't stop until I finish the  thing at 1am. So I only read old friends before bed (I know what's coming so I can put it down, but I still enjoy reading it).

Not my best week.  Ran out of one of my supplements and been completely lacking all normal motivation.  Missed a couple of workouts, and eaten a bunch of not for me food.

I'm annoyed with my body.  Normally when I eat food not on my list of acceptable foods, I *physically* react and it's strong motivation to avoid the crap.  This week it's just messed with my moods, and created this bad cycle of 'eat all the carbs since it medicates my brain temporarily, but the low follows, repeat cycle'.   sad.png   angry.png

Off to do my workout for today, and use my spoons http://www.butyoudon...e-spoon-theory/ to cook all the food. (and ignore my 'exploded' book selves that are currently 'mid-reorganization'.  

Today will be a better day.  Really.  

These kinds of weeks will happen. You've got this.  Keep your eyes on the finish line, Doc.  We're pulling for you

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Did my workout.  Cooked all the food.  Now I'm off to sleep (since I've taken my warm bath.)  

Thanks for the encouragement.  :positive:

How's your week going, Doctor?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Insomnia sucks.  But I did have a really great sleep last night, so that's good.  :-)

Doing o.k.  Got all my workouts in so far.  I cut my treadmill run a bit short because one of my toes was getting a blister.  Barefoot running on concrete and asphalt is much less tough on the feet than the treadmill belt.  It's hot and 'sticky'.  I need to get a box full of rocks to march on to keep my foot skin happy. I have some VivoBarefoot Neos coming, so I'll be able run outside again.  :-)

My eating has been o.k.  I've been getting my broth and organ meat and ferments in, but been eating a few too many carbs.  Stoopid carbs are such a drug to my brain.  

My sister sent me a shirt in the mail.  

Firefly-Keep-Calm-and-Stay-Shiny-Juniors

Did I mention I have the bestest sister EVER?!!??!!

And I'm going to the gym tomorrow in the morning.  I figure it will be largely empty and I can go set up the barbells and do a little 'self-orientation' on the weights with few people around to notice.   :)

I want a sister like yours!  That is an awesome shirt.

Good luck on the weights tomorrow.  Let us know how you did.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

My vivobarefoot Neos came today.  One word.  Love.  I won't want to wear them in the summer, but they were awesome in the slushy snow.  Huzzah!

Thursday at the gym was about as crowded as the average sunday morning.  More PDA than usual.  But I did have fun with the weights.  Now I just need to find an extra $25 a month for child care at the gym so I can go lift in the mornings.  I take my classes in the late afternoon after my husband gets home, but he's not willing to have extra kid time 5 days a week. ;)  For now I will continue with my body weight workouts at home.

ps by my 3yo

:pirate: 123456fvvb7vv890gffdcvdfgfgtfdfvfdgbfgvhngvgb :playful: jhdfjgbgcfmhnfvfuj6574rfhhgg12345erd7ed80-e :positive: 1234ee567erwre89rfre0wdds :pride: 12ewgrffg3gfhfgh ttb 1d 2f3 4  5   6    7  8           8   9   0   -                jgtrfgef :pride: dxxxxxxc        1   2      3  4      5    6   7   8   9   0  

Tell your 3 year old I understand and that the pancakes should come in the mail in 2-3 weeks.  

Way to kick butt, Doc.  Keep at it.  We're all behind you cheering you on.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Still slogging along.   :)

My kombucha is so amazingly yummy.  Though I'll admit that kombucha is an acquired taste. The first couple of time I tried commercial kombucha I needed to add a bunch of juice to get the stuff down.  Now I love it 'extra fermented' and plain.

And Trader Joes is lovely because they just started selling ginger brew with the re-seal-able tops, so I can buy a bunch of bottles (and not drink the ginger soda ;) ) so I can double ferment my kombucha.  I have a few bottles from (more expensive) french lemonade (also poured down the sink ;) ), but it will be nice to be able to double ferment my entire 2 gallon batch instead of just some of it each time.

Running in bare feet on the tread mill is odd.  It's so much harder on the feet than concrete/asphalt.  I run until I feel a few 'hot spots' (mostly on my morton's toes), slap some tape on them, run a bit more, and then eventually put shoes on to finish the run.  I do like the Vivos.  And -5F is too cold to run outside.   :(  It won't always be this cold.  And eventually my feet will be able to endure the hot, sticky belt on the dreadmill.  

I think I should log my broccoli intake.  Because I'm eating an absurd amount of it.  Frozen broccoli is just too easy to coat with some salt and oil and roast in a hot oven.   :peaceful:

5 below, sounds like you're up my way.  Which state are you in, Doc?  I was going to try for some running outside this week, but the sub zero temps in MN keep me inside jumping rope instead.  Glad you're still moving forward.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines