I'm coming out! Eve's seventh challenge.

I am Eve

It is time to charge forward, time to challenge myself, time to continue the inner journey towards unknown goals.

During last challenge I quit my job, emptied my room and said farewell to people I've worked with for 12 years. I left my hometown and family behind and moved 600 kilometers to start my new job. Then came the process of getting acquainted with new colleagues, a whole new hospital, computer systems, routines, etc, etc. I am now working full time for the first time in two years. Every weekend I commute home or my partner comes to me. During the week I spend time with me, myself and I.

The change in my life is gigantic! 

Last challenge I knew all this was going on so I chose to try to maintain - and averaged a C I think. Not bad.

Now I have made my new start, this is it. I am going all in to make this new job work and recreate my life. So far it has been going very well: I have kept disciplined and focused and people have been very welcoming and nice.

It is now time for me to come out, open the closed doors, explore new roads, conquer unknown territories…...

Get the picture?!  :playful:

The main quest last two challenges has been to make it work and I feel it is time to step it up.

My main quest this time is to make it shine.

How to make it shine

I)   Inner harmony is the best foundation for a successful life. The road to harmony is paved with yoga mats.

Yoga 7 days a week. It is ok if I don't spend the full hour, as long as I land on the yoga mat - body and mind - 

separating myself from the outside world for that time.

Grading: 

A: 42-37 B: 36-32 C: 31-26 D: 25-20 E: 19-17

II)  Knowledge is essential for making progress. I have had studying as a goal for the last two challenges and it will be  

incorporated in this one as well. One to two occasions of studying each week. On Tuesdays we have lectures at work

and they will count. 

A: 12-10 times B: 9-8 times C: 7-6 times Everything below six is an F

III) Strength is necessary for endurance on those days when body and mind are less motivated, to pull through and keep

on track. Running and skiing clears my mind and builds my muscles. Posture is a combination of attitude and core.

I will run or ski four times a week, and on at least two occasions the distance will be 20 kilometers, building up from 15

the last two challenges

A: 24-20 times B: 19-15 times C: 14-12 times D: 11-9 times E: 8-7 times F: below 7

LIFE QUEST

Facing my weaknesses.

I have been doing "rehab" for more than two years (being on sick leave for my fatigue syndrome). On the one hand I need to watch out for symptoms always, the risk will not disappear to get ill again. My sleep and ability for recharging energy are vital for me. On the other hand I think it's time to move forward, dare to take on challenges, test my own borders. 

What then are my weaknesses? Ah, they are so many. "Rewarding" myself with one or two glasses of wine after a long day (even though it only makes me more tired the next). Buying takeout instead of cooking, making my own dinner is both cheaper and healthier and a way of choosing to prioritize myself. Pushing tasks that I have accepted to do in front of me, just because I don't know how to solve them. My "to do list" has had some tasks on it for a long time. I need just to sit down and get it done.

These are just a few examples. 

So I have decided to ( in a careful way as to avoid backlash in my illness) push myself harder and try more in those areas where I have been very careful/passive before. 

How to do this? I actually already started last week. What I do is this; when I feel resistance towards doing something and I'm thinking "I'd rather just…..", then I take a good look at myself and ask myself why? So, questioning my impulses of being passive, avoidance, comfort, etc...

Motivation

I have suffered from fatigue syndrome, am currently working full time at my new workplace 600 kilometers from home. I need to take care of myself, body and soul, to stay healthy and not lose the life I have regained.

If I don't do this I might have a relapse which could be very dramatic.

Will add grading soon! (Done)

Feedback is always appreciated :-)

Forward!!!!

• Like 1

I have chosen to believe in myself.

I just want to say that you are my hero, my strength, and my inspiration!  Truly.  If not for you, I don't know if I'd still be sticking around for challenges.

I struggle with fatigue issues all. the. time.  I've never done a sleep study, but have seen multiple doctors for help.  At one point, I had it pretty under control because a doctor suggested I had what he called "silent asthma".  Meaning I didn't know I was suffering because I wasn't wheezing.  But I still suffer pretty bad during the winter months because it's dark forever!  I know alcohol, wheat, and sugar do me in more than anything, so I try avoid that stuff, but winter means holidays and sometimes it's just so hard to pass it up.

Good luck to you!  It's a tough and delicate balance.  I'll be rooting for you and know that you will do awesome!  :encouragement:  

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Eve this is amazing- I am so excited for you.

And facing weaknesses- that takes enormous strength.

You are an inspiration.

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

hey Eve,

must say yoga 7 days a week sounds incredible - way to go girl :)

good luck with your amazing challenge !!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

It is Thursday and I a just about to do some breathing exercises sent to me by my yoga teacher, before I head to work to tag along with my colleague on call.

These are changing times indeed and I really needed this morning to stop, inhale, exhale and extend some self care towards myself.

There is a deep, intense, and painfully beautiful cord vibrating inside….

I just want to say that you are my hero, my strength, and my inspiration!  Truly.  If not for you, I don't know if I'd still be sticking around for challenges.

I struggle with fatigue issues all. the. time.  I've never done a sleep study, but have seen multiple doctors for help.  At one point, I had it pretty under control because a doctor suggested I had what he called "silent asthma".  Meaning I didn't know I was suffering because I wasn't wheezing.  But I still suffer pretty bad during the winter months because it's dark forever!  I know alcohol, wheat, and sugar do me in more than anything, so I try avoid that stuff, but winter means holidays and sometimes it's just so hard to pass it up.

Good luck to you!  It's a tough and delicate balance.  I'll be rooting for you and know that you will do awesome!  :encouragement:  

Turtle: you are like a sun shining brightly on me, thank you!!

Life is what it is - that's what I think, and I REFUSE to give up. So I hang on, sometimes with teeth and nails, and continue. And when I feel the sun, it's all worth it…….

I don't have much to say but I'm looking forward to all the new ways you push yourself over these next six weeks and beyond!

Namaste, Arillian Princess, and thank you. I'll keep pushing !

Wow, lots of life changes. Liking your motto too. :)

Yep, and more changes will follow I think. Scary….and fun...

I really wanted to put a youtube clip with Diana Ross here as well but didn't find one I was happy with :-(

Eve this is amazing- I am so excited for you.

And facing weaknesses- that takes enormous strength.

You are an inspiration.

That is a really nice thing to say…and I do try to inspire myself at least ;-)

hey Eve,

must say yoga 7 days a week sounds incredible - way to go girl :)

good luck with your amazing challenge !!

Somehow it has to be all in with the yoga for me, and it is so goooooood!! Thank you so much

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast.

You can't rush your progress, so you're careful approach is the one that's going to get you there. I'm about to get off this computer and get into some breathing exercises myself. Man I really like druids :D

In….and out……...

*Sending sunshine and pain relief your way*

There are few things worse than a stiff back.  Hope you feel better!  :love_heart:

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Tuesday eve and all is calm. I felt really tired this morning and decided to "take the evening off". This means that I rescheduled my "to do list" (yes, I have one of those every day and it helps me keeping my structure). The phone is muted and my feet are up. Now time for quality time with me - myself and you guys….

Tuesday eve and all is calm. I felt really tired this morning and decided to "take the evening off". This means that I rescheduled my "to do list" (yes, I have one of those every day and it helps me keeping my structure). The phone is muted and my feet are up. Now time for quality time with me - myself and you guys….

Those are the best kind of nights.

My report from week one.

So - my main quest is to make it shine: how did I do?

Running: I ran twice - and did a LOT of walking. Goal is four times

Yoga: every day. Sometimes short and sometimes long but every day. Allowing myself to "just spend a little time on the mat" lowers the threshold of going there. Clearly

Studying: twice (goal is twice)

Facing my weaknesses: This was a busy week with a lot of stuff going on. Engagements on two weeknights and on call a third one. The evenings I was free I stayed very focused to have time for washing up, cooking, shopping, laundry - etc. It took some discipline but it worked.

What else did I do: spent the weekend with friends, I think the first trip on my own since I got sick in 2011. All other ones I made with my partner so this felt great.

Yep, clearly added some shine!

Oh Wandern, thank you. Even more so a day like today when there was a mishap.

It wasn't even a biggie (but if sure felt like one). Thinks didn't go according to plan at all, and I probably should have been able to figure it out on my own in advance. But I didn't, and all of a sudden was faced with a completely unexpected situation and a change of plans. 

I . do . not . like . changes . 

OK.

So I got upset with myself as  I always do and started thinking

"this is just because you have too much going on, you are not able to cope with multitasking, you forget things, you don't get things, you might as well just crawl into a hole and die and so on and so forth"

Wanted to cry. Really.

BUUUUT

I slapped myself on the cheek (mentally) and told myself to get a grip.

No, I don't like changes but they happen

Yes - I am a little tired but that's ok, it's not dangerous

My brain has not stopped functioning and if it did I am sure that I would notice

Then I softly told myself to get my ass home, buy something nice to eat on the way, get into comfy clothing and get some R and R

*sigh*

So.

As I stand in tree pose, left foot high on right thigh and arms extending towards the ceiling, I feel my strength. My third eye opens and I feel clear, focused and filled with purpose. 

I have it all within my reach, and the only person who REALLY has any power over me is me. Once I press down the handle to that inner door, it opens and there is an endless supply of inspiration, confirmation, strength and love.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines