I'm coming out! Eve's seventh challenge.

I am Eve

This is a week of struggles.

After my first entire night on call in over two years (night btw Thu and Fri) I was so empty today and the entire day disappeared with me being passive.

The on call night was a definite success but despite preparations it made me exhausted.

Displeased with myself, but again trying to feel forgiveness.

Now - my partner is arriving in two hours and I need to freshen up (the apt and myself)!!!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

VERY delayed summary of week two  :nightmare:

Making it shine:

Well, I tried. It was hard. My partner and I fell out in a bad way - and we got through.

Yoga

Every day, twice a long session. I find that when I don't put myself under too much pressure it is so much easier to manage every single day. A long session, a breathing exercise, a few private moments at work. It all adds up in harmony.

Running

Twice - again. Not what I aimed for but a lot better than nothing. I tend to walk a lot at the moment - I really love it.

At the beginning of the week I had problems with my back (I never do so it worried me) and I cured it with a run and one hour of yoga.

Studies

Twice - this is really working!

Facing my weaknesses

Well during the week I did a lot of things I had been putting off:

emails, booking trips btw workplace and home, repairing my bike. I also faced my sadness and loneliness which surfaced during the week and took extra care of myself. Last but indeed not least: I did my part as a grown up in the situation with my partner. It is so much easier to act childish and want revenge. We sorted it out…..

So, I shine - at least a little...

I love how you get through the weeks and rarely (if ever) have excuses.  You just buckle down and get it done without letting your emotions get the better of you.  You're amazing!

:love_heart:

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Ok….time for a week three summary (thanks for the reminder Loren  :rolleyes-new: )

Yoga

Twice a full session (one hour), then shorter the other days but I do get on the mat or to my inner peaceful place every single day. Again I'm reminded that by lowering my demands ("one full hour each day or nothing") I am creating openings and strengthening my routine.

Running

Twice again. Not four times but more than nothing

And I do my biking to work every day….

Studying

I have now done two months of introduction at my new workplace - rotating btw five difference wards. Intense, fun and demanding...

Also I did courses Mon-Wed week three. I am doing my studying!

Facing my weaknesses

This is a good goal, and a lot is happening.

A lot of good things. But, as I described already I had a setback last week when I got stressed and upset after plans changed in an unforeseeable way. I managed to gather my thoughts though and make it a good evening anyway so that is a win.

Then, last Thursday, I did my first entire night on call in over two years. Even though it was a trial run (I worked parallel to the person supposed to be on call) it was my shift and I was first in line.

A huge victory for me, and a great sign that I am back.

The following Saturday I was completely exhausted probably (even though I didn't actually feel tired), I was passive and just couldn't get out of bed. Finally though I just did it and like a whirlwind cleaned the apt because my partner was coming to visit.

So I am facing my weaknesses. It's not always pretty but it is vital. And I am conquering!

Week 4

Yay!

I ran three times instead of two out the four that are my goal!! And I ran 13 k's once, the furthest I've done in a while, in snow.

Not bad.

Yoga

Many short sessions in different ways including guided breathing exercises, and a long one.

Studying

Two lectures, and a few hours at my desk at home. I am getting this into a routine….

Facing my weaknesses

An intense week, probably because my partner was visiting and I was allowing myself to get in touch with my emotions more. Thanks to a wise, caring and brave colleague I realized that I was a bit too tired and then I got the Friday off to extend the weekend. This felt marvelous and I am so glad that I was clear-sighted enough to make decisions to rest. Also, that I can value myself, just as I am….

Hey Eve, you're doing fantastically!  You seem to have come such a long way to get to where you are, and you're facing the future bravely!

And as for 13k in the snow - wow!  Super-impressive!  I hope you had some lovely vistas to run through :) 

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Hey Eve, you're doing fantastically! You seem to have come such a long way to get to where you are, and you're facing the future bravely!

And as for 13k in the snow - wow! Super-impressive! I hope you had some lovely vistas to run through :)

Thank you so much Eirlys.

Yes, I am making progress and I need that reminder, especially today. This is my first "on call" week which will involve Tuesday and Friday. I haven't slept well for more than a week - my nerves are really tormenting me - so I just need to get it over with and hope I can relax after.

damn woman - 13k's in single run? IN SNOW? Are u professional long-distance runner or what? :)

all the challenge looks amazing - I hope u are feeling great with all the stuff u are doing. How are your enegry levels? U are making sure u have a proper amount of rest right? :D

u are doing awesome - keep it forward :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

damn woman - 13k's in single run? IN SNOW? Are u professional long-distance runner or what? :)

all the challenge looks amazing - I hope u are feeling great with all the stuff u are doing. How are your enegry levels? U are making sure u have a proper amount of rest right? :D

u are doing awesome - keep it forward :D

Energy levels are much better Panczo, thank you. 13 k's gives a really good endorphin buzz :-)

Update summary week five

(delayed because I just exited my stress cloud and I hope not to be entering again)

Yoga

Twice one hour, then varying a times and exercises the other days.

Running

Twice again :-( And no snow. Well twice is more than never and I do a lot of walking. Also, one of those occasions was running to work.

Studying

Twice, and this was my last introductory week as well.

Making it shine

I feel pleased with myself. This week I cooked for the week on Monday. I managed a very busy Saturday at home (after traveling home on Friday) through breathing exercises, yoga and mindfulness, I went from sleeping bad with nightmares to without nightmares by addressing my worry for being on call and working with it….

Now for week 6:-)))

Whoa, you're rocking the challenge! Keep it up, it's almost done!

I am also amazed by the 13k in the snow. We've had that slushy, slippery trash all over the sidewalks here lately, and the only activity I do in the snow is walking from my car to a building, or vice versa lol. And the next three days will be freezing rain..., snow, and more freezing rain. Hooboy!

Hmm. I'm going to a party tonight. The place is on a hill. There will be a snowstorm, and I have several sleds... :eagerness::very_drunk::lol:

Thanks Naxius, how was the ride?!

Last update, week six.

It's Sunday evening, I am at home and all is ready for one last day of work before I go home to celebrate Christmas; if only for three days.

I have just completed my first on-call week and feel a bit (quite a lot actually) tired but incredibly pleased.

This is a really making it shine and proving to myself that I have conquered another ability lost during my sick leave. YAY ME!!!!!

Yoga, all days except for one, and the mat is packed for Christmas.

Studying: twice this week, both in preparation for on-call work

Running, only once. I have been quite exhausted and needed a lot of recovery. Again a lot of walking and biking :-)

Now….rest!

The ride ended up not happening. Apparently the party started at 5 and nobody told me, and I wouldn't have been able to make it there until about 9 or so (gym, shower, fix hair, and spend-an-hour-picking-out-clothes, etc.) So I just stayed home and played video games instead lol.

Christmas time finally. Great job on finishing your challenge strong and making it shine!

Now, the holidays have finally come, and I have rested!! Great feeling.

Summary of my seventh challenge

The numbers

Running 

12 times. That makes an average of twice per week. I  did not manage to run 20 k at any occasion.

On the positive side I walked and biked a lot, so I am awarding myself a C.

See below for one of the reasons that I didn't run as much (Facing my weaknesses)

Yoga

41 times, a solid A. 

It feels like I have a good routine, and also the fact that I don't have any musts as regards to how long I need to spend on the mat each day leads to it being a lot easier.

Studying

At least on twelve occasion. An A. This means a lot to me. I am back. My brain is functioning again…..

Facing my weaknesses.

Challenging myself in a careful but still more demanding way, facing my weaknesses, questioning my choices and growing; no matter how painful it is...

Yes, I made it shine.

One of the biggest things is that I am back on the on-call list. I was so incredibly nervous - and the week before I slept poorly, had nightmares and was in general completely freaked out. But I endured and told myself that I'll just get through and it would feel easier. SO IT DID. Wow, a great feeling.

Average grade: B

Did I make it shine? Well, I think so at least!

I have gotten my life back, and moving to another city has allowed me to smile again and enjoy work again. I enjoy the feedback from caring colleagues so much and I am growing each day. Living away from my partner is difficult but we are nurturing romance on Skype and the weekends we spend together, and are making flexible plans for the future.

Moving back towards a healthy life, incorporating the risk that I will have a backlash into everyday life, feels fantastic. I have been very open at my new workplace and they have already given me valuable feedback. And, they APPRECIATE me. I haven't felt that in a LONG time

Making the change this fall was very scary, but I have no regrets. 

My yoga is a my scaffolding for my inner calm, as is my running and that also keeps all of me in shape. My brain is just getting into the daily routine of working out :-)

This was a great, and very difficult challenge

well Eve, it looks like you made it shine A LOT :)

it's great to hear how u overcame your fears and made it through your struggles !!!

GREAT JOB !!!!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines