Kort's Conquering of the Never Ending Wedding Season

Kort

After several long weeks of offline adventures, which include moving to the other side of the country, I am back and ready to roll (or not roll, by the end of the challenge)!

My main quest is that which is pretty common: to lose weight, more specifically to be in a healthy BMI by the sister's wedding.  My motivation: I have 4 weddings in 4 months, 3 of which I am in. That's a lot of pictures!

My 3 'subgoals' are pretty simple this time around but that is mostly because I struggled finishing my last two challenges and I haven't done anything even remotely fitness related since August. So baby steps, this challenge is all about the baby steps:

1) Walk 10,000 steps/day. Worth 5STA. Now that I've flushed out the grading system my plan is: 6/7 days=90%pts; 5=75%; 4=60%; 3<= 0pts.

2) Edit calorie consumption to less than 2,000 to increase weight loss. Worth 3CON, 2CHA I have a sweet little calorie counter app where I download my weight, goal weight and how much I want to lose per week, and it tells me how many calories I can have per day as well as keeping track of the week so if I have a cheat day I don't blow the whole week! It does all the math for me, beautiful! 6/7 days=90%pts; 5=75%; 4=60%; 3<= 0pts.

3) Increase water intake to 105 ounces/day. Worth 5 CON pts. This goal is actually important for a couple of different reasons. The first is to help my body figure out the difference between being hungry and being thirsty! Another is this is roughly how much water I should be drinking every day anyway for health purposes.  And the final is that because of a new medication I am on, I need to increase my water/healthy beverage intake every day, so what better way than to make it a goal.   7/7100%; 6=90%; 5=80%, 4< 0pts.

Life Quest:

My life quest specific to this challenge is to get a job by the start of the next challenge. I've recently moved to a new city and in order to stay I need to have a job or paid internship for when my current internship is finished! Throughout this challenge I will be working to find work!

Now that my goals, points and grading scales are laid out, I would love any and all criticism, ideas or general thoughts!

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

STR-3.2, DEX-3, STA-2.2, CON-8, WIS-2, CHA-2

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." - Danny Kaye

Challenges! 1  2  Current   Intro

Challenge looks pretty good!

Flush out the grading a bit more and set up your stat points and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

So I just realized I have not done a single update since I started the challenge. Whoops!

Goal 1: I'm doing great on this, often doing upwards of 12,000 steps...on week days.  On weekends I'm lucky to crack 3,000. If anyone has ideas how to get some motivation for the weekend or what would be fun to step up those steps, please, please, please let me know! :)

Goal 2: Currently I've hit somewhere between 1,400 and 1,600 calories each day (today not counting, we did Thanksgiving at the office). This goal almost seemed too easy until I completely forgot to track this weekend and basically feel like I have to start all over. 

Goal 3: This is probably my most difficult goal because right now I have only accomplished 105oz. of water/day about 50% of the time.  I've found this is really easy on the days I'm just sitting in the office because I drink water to avoid munching. Weekends and days I'm in meetings I tend to struggle. (Don't know if you noticed a theme, but weekends seriously kick my behind!)

Life Quest: Of all the goals, this is probably the one I've made the most progress on, mostly by accident. I was asked back for second round interviews in two different jobs this week, with the one that I'm more excited/nervous about being tomorrow. I really, really, really want the job that I'm interviewing for tomorrow and I think that the second round interview is basically final cuts. So wish me luck!

So, even though my goals have been a little spotty and my weekends are sabotaging my efforts, I've still lost 10 lbs since starting this challenge.  And trying on a bridesmaid dress yesterday really sent the message of "Gee, if I've lost 10lbs with crappy weekends, I wonder how awesome I could do if I were to actually try on the weekends."  It's just too bad that message wasn't clear until halfway through the challenge! 

Kort

Hobbit(ish), Adventurer2

STR-3.2, DEX-3, STA-2.2, CON-8, WIS-2, CHA-2

"Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it." - Danny Kaye

Challenges! 1  2  Current   Intro

Goal 1: I'm doing great on this, often doing upwards of 12,000 steps...on week days.  On weekends I'm lucky to crack 3,000. If anyone has ideas how to get some motivation for the weekend or what would be fun to step up those steps, please, please, please let me know! :)...

It's probably not the most cost effective solution, but getting a hyperactive dog that will make you go on walks might be a good way to go with that.

Zahana

Level 2 Half-Dwarf Adventurer

STR 3 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 2 WIS 2 CHA 1

Andventure Challenge 1

Level 1 Rebel Quest

Glad to see you're still with us. Doesn't matter if the message took this long to get to you, the challenges are all about discovery and improvement. You've learned something, and it's helped you focus more. That's important and worth celebrating. Instead of focusing that it took so long, instead focus that you had the revelation, it's more than many people have. Use it as a motivation to refocus and get back on with the goals. You're doing fine so far, just let the past be the past and focus on the next step and you'll do great.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines