• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

Side Quest Week 1: Wake Up Call

I apparently have been bitten by the cold bug. … But I totally blame this thread for putting that thought in my head.

RAmen to this. Despite not posting about it here I've been sticking to cold showers until this morning, and I've noticed yesterday already that the cold showers don't seem that… brutal anymore. I've also told my parents about the cold showers, and… they think I'm crazy. I totally blame Kishi for this, too!

I kinda sort of forgot to check back in about my cold partial showers. Whoops.

I didn't like it. Not even a little. I forgot to do it during shampoo one day, so I turned it cold while I rinsed conditioner instead (which takes a little longer) and almost screeched when I just turned around like normal when I was done and reverse-scalded all my tender bits. I have chills just thinking about it.

It wasn't unbearable though. I grit my teeth and remind myself not to rush through whatever task I've set just to have it done with, much like some other unpleasant things I have to do. Still, my showers are back to hot all the way through. No need to make it harder than it needs to be.

Well, at least some of y'all tried 'em. And some of you are even finding yourselves doing them more.

Yes. Yesssssssss...

So I guess this isn't a challenge anymore but I had to try.  .... Yea.... Fun....  But stuck it out while I Shampooed and conditioned.  Sure makes you want to do it fast!  Yea for water conservation. ;}

Yup! Didn't know you were gonna be an environmentalist if you signed on with the monks, huh?

Speaking of which... do you have a challenge thread going somewhere yet?

Amazing challenge! Just took a shower, with music blasting from my phone. My goal was one song (3 minutes). I was at "very cold" the entire time, then i noticed that i could move it a few more degrees colder. Level: Antarctica. 

Needlessly to say, that was fucking awesome and next time i will play some longer song... 

• Like 2

Speaking of which... do you have a challenge thread going somewhere yet?

Not yet.  I am working on it now.  Should have it up later tonight.  Hope it is ok if I am going along without having it up yet?? Also should I put it under Monks or under Level 1 as it is my first.

I don't have a challege thread yet, but I thought I would participate in the self-inflicted torment anyway.

Also, since all the cool monks are doing it:

#showerstories

I took my entire shower (~15 min) without hot water. It was freezing at first and I couldn't force myself to put my back under the water; but, after a while, I became acclimated and stopped noticing how cold the water was. I will say I was shocked by my 68 degree toasty warm towel though.

Maa!  Good to hear from you!! :)

I'm glad you are joining in our torture shenanigans! :)

Not yet.  I am working on it now.  Should have it up later tonight.  Hope it is ok if I am going along without having it up yet?? Also should I put it under Monks or under Level 1 as it is my first.

Yup! It's completely fine. As for where to put it, we tend to let new folk go in with the Level 1 guild, so that they can get used to how things are run around here. But! If you post up a link of it in here, I'm sure we'll have some monks to tag along and encourage you. Because we're cool that way. :)

• Like 1

Good to read you Maa!

Man, I can´t break the 5 minute barrier XD.

I will keep doing this cold rinsing from now on. I feel revitalized after done!

Don't worry, Zuel, after a few more tries you'll break it. 

About maa146, whos comment i just saw: *bows* *kneels* *praises* etc. :D Great job! 

I listed to one more song in the shower so I am at 7 minutes maximum right now. It feels so amazing and refreshing, you stop feeling the cold after a while. Next time: 10 minutes! (3 songs)

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to get a challenge thread up soon. I've missed being in the trenches.

I will say that this isn't my first go at cold showers; however, the other times were less of a choice.

I'm assuming you're talking to me, Kishi.

Yes, choosing to take a cold shower is way better than being forced to by circumstances and bad choices. Also, it is progress, since it's the first fully cold shower by choice.

Don't worry, Zuel, after a few more tries you'll break it. 

About maa146, whos comment i just saw: *bows* *kneels* *praises* etc. :D Great job! 

I listed to one more song in the shower so I am at 7 minutes maximum right now. It feels so amazing and refreshing, you stop feeling the cold after a while. Next time: 10 minutes! (3 songs)

I really like your song idea, Lex. That is good motivation, right there. :)

Okay, this time i did three songs, which is 10 minutes! Hurray for increased cold ressistance! Like a Viking Nord! 
No more hot showers, ain't nobody got cash for that! 

Okay, this time i did three songs, which is 10 minutes! Hurray for increased cold ressistance! Like a Viking Nord! 

No more hot showers, ain't nobody got cash for that! 

Ha ha ha ha! I like that. I like that a lot.