Mouse Rising: Recovery and Resilience

Aah, that cursed life, once again getting in the way and defying our expectations.

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's loss, in all seriousness. And then a birthday right after! That must have been some serious mood whiplash right there.

Anyway, don't sweat it too much. Funerals and birthdays are exceptional circumstances, and I don't think you should hold either of them against yourself. Shake 'em off. One's a cheat, and the other you could handle due to caloric budgeting. You're good.

Aah, that cursed life, once again getting in the way and defying our expectations.

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's loss, in all seriousness. And then a birthday right after! That must have been some serious mood whiplash right there.

Anyway, don't sweat it too much. Funerals and birthdays are exceptional circumstances, and I don't think you should hold either of them against yourself. Shake 'em off. One's a cheat, and the other you could handle due to caloric budgeting. You're good.

Thanks, Kishi. :3

I definitely have to remember not to be so hard on myself.

But talk about life, eh? I just learned my parents are renoing the kitchen and from today forward I probably won't have a kitchen to cook in for at least 3 weeks.

...horray.

Sorry about you boy's loss :(

I know you will be there for him, sweet Mouse.

btw...I LURVE halomi cheese! Sooo hard to find in The States :(

Thanks, Cheechoe. *hugs*

The service was quite sweet, though he's facing some guilt about not rescheduling his exam. On one hand, he feels the pressure from his family (and I suspect he's a bit emotionally numb, too), but on the other his exam was in a difficult subject and if he deferred it, he'd have to keep the knowledge current until Spring Break. So it was a rock and a hard place, unfortunately.

He's doing better now that he's done his exams, though.

Do you guys have speciality stores? Like, nation-specific groceries? I find haloumi most consistently at the middle eastern stores in my city. It's also so much cheaper there than at the big box retailers.

H'okay - let's get caught up.

So, I'm calling this challenge a bust. Namely because I forgot my goals halfway through the challenge and because there's just hell going on outside of NF. While I'm failing myself in the challenge, I feel I've actually done really well so far - steadily continuing towards my weight loss and strength goals and rehab also going well.

Week 5 in Review

Weigh In: 122.6lbs (-0.6)

DIET

Several cheat meals, all namely centered around one of two huge-ass life events outside of NF: the funeral of my boy's (and mine, I'll be honest - I adopted her the moment I met her and she adopted me) grandma, and the totally horrendous piece-meal "renovation" of my kitchen, which leaves me with practically nothing to cook with and no appliances.

However, I haven't gone totally off the rails. Small cheats here and again, but aside from a celebratory/oh-my-fucking-god-I-hate-Canada-Post-consolation meal of calorically-safe egg noodle and alfredo pasta dish at the end of my exams, there hasn't been any large deviation. I've been able to stick fairly close to my caloric limit.

WORKOUT

I worked out twice this week, and plan to continue with 2x week lifting over the Christmas, as I am not yet cleared to squat. I may try a third day of bodyweight, abs, accessory lifts or maybe try some dumbbell lunges. We'll see what I feel up to.

My bench is back to 75lbs~! Yahoo!

I may soon curl 15lbs! Yahoo!

Also, my DL is up to 95lbs! Spontaneous discovery made because people, I swear, either hide the 10lb plates or put them in their pants and walk away, because there were none. So instead of 2x10lb plates and a 2.5lb, I just opted for a 25lb. Yay for regains!

PREP

I finally received my Carbquik order! I also ordered some low carb chocolate bars which are pretty fantastic. So I made some biscuits which are fantastic and are <100cal and <1g net carb each, along with some sweet muffins (not too sweet, though - I have to tweak it some) that are also <100cal and about 1g net carb each.

I plan to make some breakfast muffins and have some scrambled egg with turkey bacon on those biscuits!

So, I'm calling this challenge a bust. Namely because I forgot my goals halfway through the challenge and because there's just hell going on outside of NF. While I'm failing myself in the challenge, I feel I've actually done really well so far - steadily continuing towards my weight loss and strength goals and rehab also going well.

/thumbs up for evaluating into perspective  & staying positive for the 'long-run' .. eternal run I guess.