Laureleye's Episode 9: The phantom move.

Laureleye

.  I woke up feeling awful; my annual autumnal sinus infection sprang fully-formed from my head. 

Euw. Not good.  I woke up with a minor sinus thing yesterday and spent the day sleeping/watching crappy movies and feeling sorry for myself.  Feel better soon.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Well, I wasn't better yesterday, but the good news I'm feeling pretty good today.  The rest of my team was all out yesterday, so I had to work from home.  I managed 5,000 steps.  I wonder how many calories you burn blowing your nose??  Boy, I'll be happy when I can have a challenge without an injury or illness, but I guess it wasn't in the cards for this one.

Hope everyone has a good (and healthy) Thanksgiving.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I got blind-sided by a cold, so I had a bit of a relapse - hence my absence from the forum.  Fortunately, I'd prepped most of my Thanksgiving stuff in advance so we had a nice day with very little effort.  I make out traditional rubbed pork roast for Thanksgiving; this year I decided to try rubbing it in advance & then freezing it.  I figured the rub-thing would work just fine during the thaw period, and it did.  Add some butternut squash; brussel sprouts sauted in bacon; rolls and cranberry sauce - tada!  I only got 1 workout in during the week - a walk.  I managed some short walks while it was warm, so most days I got 5,000 - 7,000 steps.  I didn't eat perfectly, but I tracked it so I didn't go crazy. 

So it's a new week - I'm feeling pretty darned good; I have my weekly meal plan complete & I'm ready to roll. 

Thanks to everyone who checked in while I was sick.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I got blind-sided by a cold, so I had a bit of a relapse - hence my absence from the forum.  Fortunately, I'd prepped most of my Thanksgiving stuff in advance so we had a nice day with very little effort.  I make out traditional rubbed pork roast for Thanksgiving; this year I decided to try rubbing it in advance & then freezing it.  I figured the rub-thing would work just fine during the thaw period, and it did.  Add some butternut squash; brussel sprouts sauted in bacon; rolls and cranberry sauce - tada!  I only got 1 workout in during the week - a walk.  I managed some short walks while it was warm, so most days I got 5,000 - 7,000 steps.  I didn't eat perfectly, but I tracked it so I didn't go crazy. 

So it's a new week - I'm feeling pretty darned good; I have my weekly meal plan complete & I'm ready to roll. 

Thanks to everyone who checked in while I was sick.

sorry to hear about your infection :/ having all autumn and winter without any is my great great dream :) maybe it will happen one year... so I know how it feels ....

but at the same time it's great to see that your momentum isn't lost and your motivation is as solid as ever Laureleye ... wish you all the awesomeness for week 4 !!!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Work has been busy, so I'm getting in lots of steps.  So far I 've managed two "workouts" this week, but they were really just walks of about 3/4 mile.  I was totally exhausted walking 3/4 of a lousy mile.  On the upside, I've gotten 13,000; 15,000; and 12,000 steps so far this week.  I've gotten Christmas presents for my niece and sister-in-law. 

I had to take out about 20 rows of my blanket, because I'd made a mistake back there.  I managed to finally get them all back in plus 2 new rows last night.  I'm glad this is for my stash because it sure is going slow. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

The plan for Thursday was to break my workout into two walks:  one at lunch and one after work.  I got in about a mile at lunch, and was greeted by move-insanity at the office resulting in a lot more steps.  Got in 3/4 of a mile after work for a total of 17,000 steps for the day.  I'm skipping a workout tonight - I have a dental appointment then need to do some work remotely on a server or two.  But I've got 3 of my 4 workouts in for the week, so I'm feeling good about bouncing back. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Dental-limbo on Friday.  The crown that came in wasn't right.  The doc's magic crown-making machine decided to fail.  Ended up home very late with another temporary!  No workout, but still 12,000 steps.

Saturday was an intentional no-workout day as I was trying to catch things up a bit.  Chilly and rainy - what passes for winter weather in Burbank - so I worked inside all day.

Sunday I opted to do a "real world" workout.  It was still chilly, but sunny, so it was an ideal day for the garden.  I started by leaf-raking, then I gave all of the new plants a shaping,  Then we planted bulbs.  Finally, I prepped my "California Native" garden and planted wildflower seeds.  I only got 9,000 steps for the day, but I got a good full-body workout in. 

The weekly roundup-

1. Stay Strong. At least 4 workouts of any type/week. Only 3 actual "workouts" this week + a day of gardening.
  2. Build Endurance. At least 70,000 FitBit steps/week.  Over 80,000 for the week so I exceeded this. 
  3. You are what you eat - 100% tracking.  Yes, I am still at 100% for the challenge!

Side Quests-

Put together a meal plan Sunday of every week, except move week. Plan created!

Early Christmas shopping.  Only 4 gifts left to buy.  They are starting to arrive, so the wrapping will commence.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Oh, my...is it only Wednesday?  Final inspection and acceptance of the new office space this week, and it has been insane.  I've been working late & through lunch...and I lost another FitBit!  Aghghghghgh!  But, FitBit aside, I've been doing great.  No trouble getting in my steps (although I'll have to estimate today's).  I did a 1.5 mile walk on Monday, and a slightly shortened strength training yesterday.  All my meals tracked too.  I've hardly had a minute on the PC for fun, so I'm miles behind on everyone's thread.  The insanity continues tomorrow with the final walk thru, AT&T connections, and network backbone installs. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I havent been around lately much, but it's great to came back once in a while and see that u are still doing GREAAAAAAT with your plans dear L. !!!!

your perseverance and awesome planning are inspiration :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Wow, another week over. 

Thursday and Friday continued crazy, including fun and games with various phone providers.  Yesterday I was out and about a bit and found Vibrams on sale, so I nabbed a couple of pair.  I did intervals today - the Vibrams sure change your foot strike.  And they weigh nothing - its sort of odd, the feel more like gloves than shoes (if that makes sense).

Here's the scorecard:

1. Stay Strong. At least 4 workouts of any type/week. Done!
  2. Build Endurance. At least 70,000 FitBit steps.  83,000 for the week.
  3. 100% tracking.  Done.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

wow, those Vibrams looks like sci-fi to me :D:D

great week 5 - how about side quests?

I didn't get the kind with toes or anything, I got the ArcII.  When running shoes first became generally available, they were light and sleek.  Then they went to huge and clunky, which I hated.  These are small and unbelieveably light. 

I am finally checking in this week.

Monday - worked late, no workout...but 12,000 steps from work.  I got the weekly meal-plan in place. 

Tuesday - Lots of steps.  Workout was just a walk while I did an errand (1.5 miles or thereabouts) for a total of 18,500 steps for the day. 

Today will be no workout as I have yet another dental appointment for the stupid broken crown.  The last of my Christmas packages came yesterday, so tonight will be wrapping night.  I haven't been 100% on target with my calories, but I am tracking everything

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Friday of the last week - whew!

I finally have a crowned tooth again.

Yesterday, I was soooo tired when I got home - but I'm so proud of myself.  I not only laced up my shoes, I did a strength workout.  I did BBW and boy did those 1st 10 jumping jacks make my shoulders creak and crank.  Guess I need to make sure I do them so my rotator cuff stays loose.  I had a great workout and felt much better when done. 

Tonight will probably be a walk or intervals...or maybe jump rope???

I got my holiday dose of Sir Terry's Hogfather.  I love that book - action, adventure, the square root of 27.4, and a pig that takes a wee.  Now I'm on to To say nothing of the Dog...  Proving again that Isaac Asimov was correct - SciFi is not a genre. 

Keep on going strong :)  Sorry to hear about another lost fitbit!  I've heard lots of people like those Vibrams, i just don't know if they are for me :)

Yeah, I can't believe I lost it.  I'm going to have to find a different model or something. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Well, I finished up the challenge with a good week.  I got in 4 workouts - 2 of which were strength training.  I got all of my steps in, and continued my 100% tracking, and they are sending me a replacement FitBit, along with some tips for hanging on to this one.  A+ for my final week.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

QUEST ROUNDUP:

1. Stay Strong. At least 4 workouts of any type/week. I did this, except the period of time I was sick.  I struggled hard with it, so I was glad I made it a goal.
  2. Build Endurance. At least 70,000 FitBit steps for at least all but 1 week.  I accomplished this even though I was sick.  My goal was to average 10,000 steps/day.  For the challenge I averaged 10,900.  Considering I was sick for a week, this is a very good average.
  3. You are what you eat. I got a little derailed on my tracking after my bout of flu. I want to get back on board, so the goal is 100% tracking.  Well, I did 100% tracking, but I need to get my food under control a bit better.  I know what to work on for next challenge

SIDE QUEST: Plan ahead!

Put together a meal plan Sunday of every week, except move week. I was 6/6 on this & it was a great help.  No telling what my eating would have been like without it.

Early Christmas shopping – on line.   Did very well on this one too.  Made the holiday season much less stressful.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

simply amazing results Laureleye :)

hope u manage to keep your motivation during holidays :D 

anyways wish u an awesome new year's eve and see u around in future challenges :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines