HavingANickFit tries something new

HavingANickFit

How's things going Nick?

Hope you are feeling tons better and hitting those goals!

Come give us a check in my friend! :triumphant:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Quest Update

Goal #1 - paleo

7/7 days     :angel:

Goal #2 - crossfit

90% over this cold.  Did cross fit Sat/Sun/today.  Very different workouts each time.  Max squat/oh press/dead lift today so I felt at home except there were some super strong people there!

Goal #3 - pushups, pullups, air squats

1/5 days total challenge.

Life Side Quest - career prep

i did only 1/2 hour last week, I need to do more this week to meet my goals.

Week 1 summary: I did well considering I was sick.  I ate healthy which I think is the most important.  I really want to focus on getting some crossfit sessions in and doing career prep in week 2.

Goal 1 - A

Goal 2 - N/A

Goal 3 - A

Career Prep - C

Race: Peasant

Class: Ranger

Level: 3

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:4 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:1

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

You are making amazing progress- eating smartly even when you are sick. That is part of the discipline I haven't had to face yet. The temptation to use sickness as and excuse to eat emotionally would be hard for me.

Glad you are feeling a little better. Looking forward to hearing about the cross fit too. I will do it at some point- I've got to climb the rope to the joists without using my feet! What other fun stuff do you get to do?

You have inspired me to do some job searching and resume work as well. Time for a better job for Jefro.

Let's see we did one ball toss/kettle bell/box jump circuit, one day of partner competitions with cleans, presses, situps, and max lifts today.  Good luck with the job search, I've been having a hell of a time motivating myself going all the way back to last challenge.

Hope you are recovering from the cold and that you had an awesome finish for Week 1!

Good luck and have fun with Week 2!  Rawr!  Rawr!

Thanks Kiwi I'm feeling much better.  Kick butt in week 2!

How's things going Nick?

Hope you are feeling tons better and hitting those goals!

Come give us a check in my friend! :triumphant:

Update above!  Have a great week Ash :)

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

Yay!! So glad you have almost shaken that cold!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

And good job on those goals and week 1 while you have been sick! I know you'll come back even stronger for week 2!

Continue to take care of yourself and Have an awesome Tuesday!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Quest Update

Goal #1 - paleo

8/8 days      :kiwi-fruit:

Goal #2 - crossfit

95% over this cold.  Did cross fit again today, lots of hand stand pushups and pull ups.  Got a gnarly blister

I hope to do some tonight.

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Good Job Nick! :triumphant: Getting back on track!

Awesome, hope that cold is almost gone!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Get on that career prep goal! Are you working on the resume?

Thanks for the update on the cross fit workouts. Do you see the same people every time you go? I imagine that could be cool. I don't see the same people when I go to the gym and I go about the same time during the same days of the week. I would imagine the continuity would be nice.

Glad you are well.

Quest Update

Goal #1 - paleo

9/9 days   :untroubled:

Goal #2 - crossfit

Crossfit in the AM,  today I got some squat form coaching and did kettle bell squats then swings then presses.  This blister is not getting any better  :angry:

1/2 hour last night and sent it to a friend for some more input.

Good Job Nick! :triumphant: Getting back on track!

Awesome, hope that cold is almost gone!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Thanks Ash

Get on that career prep goal! Are you working on the resume?

Thanks for the update on the cross fit workouts. Do you see the same people every time you go? I imagine that could be cool. I don't see the same people when I go to the gym and I go about the same time during the same days of the week. I would imagine the continuity would be nice.

Glad you are well.

Hey Jefro - I see mostly the same people, I go to the 6am class because it gets it out of the way for the day.  There are 3 coaches (intructors? i don't know what they are called) who rotate leading the session.

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

An awesome day on the goals!  :triumphant:

But serious owchies on the blister! :nightmare: Sorry

Have an awesome day!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

i loved going to cross fit in the morning and getting it over with! ours was at 530am. it felt like going into a different world for a bit where I didn't think about work or home or anything! loved it.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Quest Update

Goal #1 - paleo

9/9 days   :sentimental:

Goal #2 - crossfit

6 days now total.  2 new blisters from today!

1/5 days total challenge.  I need to do this to work on my squat form and flexibility.

I have only done this Tuesday, I have time tonight so I should be able to put some work in.

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

getting it done! :D

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Great work on the career prep- hope that continues to flow. 

What's up with the blisters? That really sucks! I noticed something about changing your grip to avoid blisters when I was browsing Starting Strength. I'll see if I can find it and see if it would be helpful. 

Yay for Nick!!

Keep up the awesomeness!!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Quest Update

Goal #1 - paleo

10/10 days   :hypnotysed:

Goal #2 - crossfit

6 days total, I am probably going to the gym today to just lift.

1/5 days total challenge.  I will do this in the gym today.

I have only done this Tuesday, With my schedule tonight and tomorrow I probably won't be able to do more this week...

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Pretty much two weeks in Nick and you are doing fantastic!

Just keep aiming at that life side quest and you'll get it, no worries!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Have an awesome weekend Nick!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

hows the paleo making you feel? getting through your workouts fine? eating new things?

hope you have a great weekend!

Instagram | pinterest

Quest Update

Goal #1 - paleo

11/15 days including today  :moody:

Goal #2 - crossfit

8 days total, 

2/5 days total challenge.  

I have done 2 days of 1/2 hour each over the first 2 weeks.  Need to step up my prep game.  I will hopefully have time when I'm home for thanksgiving.

Pretty much two weeks in Nick and you are doing fantastic!

Just keep aiming at that life side quest and you'll get it, no worries!  :triumphant: :triumphant:

Have an awesome weekend Nick!

thanks ash, good first 2 weeks then kinda fell off over the weekend.

hows the paleo making you feel? getting through your workouts fine? eating new things?

hope you have a great weekend!

paleo is great, i feel great for my workouts.  not trying too much new though.  i have some set things, eventually i will need to branch out.

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Week 2 summary up through Sunday: I did ok up until Friday last week.  I started seeing someone and my whole life is kinda in flux, I'm an overly emotional guy.  I gotta get back in my groove except that I'm going to Portland for Thanksgiving.

Goal 1 - C

Goal 2 - C pace

Goal 3 - A on target

Career Prep - C

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

Awwww Nick, that is very sweet and I wish you much good wishes on it!  ^_^ 

No worries, hang in there and make it through the week. Give it your best and I'm sure you will find that groove soon. :encouragement:

This week will be a bit of forgiveness for a lot of people, don't stress yourself over it.

Have an awesome Tuesday!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

that's a very exciting thing and always seems to screw around with our regularly scheduled programming! you'll get back at it :) have fun in portland! super jealous about that.

Instagram | pinterest

Week 2 summary up through Sunday: I did ok up until Friday last week.  I started seeing someone and my whole life is kinda in flux, I'm an overly emotional guy.  I gotta get back in my groove except that I'm going to Portland for Thanksgiving.

Weird to quote you on your own page, but the link is hilarious- love Scrubs and Zach! Congrats on the additional life challenge! That usually costs me a lot of money as well as attention deficit- but never boring on the emotional roller coaster. 

Have a great Thanksgiving!

:triumphant: :triumphant: Happy Thanksgiving Nick!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Hope all is going well and it is awesome!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines