Hammlin: Expectation Evolution

Hammlin

I think some are a little wet...

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Posted Image

Two in progress

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Posted Image

6 bricks! (Packaged in pairs)

My Blog | My Story

So far so good, just getting used to having it on my back. I named it Ziva. Because Ziva kicks all the asses.

I took the dogs out with it yesterday- which I dubbed Pup Rucks. and again at lunch.

This morning we wore them into Sprouts, and we were covered in snow (Snowruck)

Love it. Need to keep it higher to stop me from slouching. Just carrying 4 at this point in time.

My Blog | My Story

Goal Write Up:

Main Quest: Changing the Expectations

1. Lift. (+2 DEX +2 STR)
a. Grade: A
b. Details: Having two of my closest friends relying on me to meet them at the gym helped me stay motivated and not skip out on my workouts. I think I missed one workout the entire 6 weeks…
c.
 +2 DEX +2 STR

2. Sugar. (+3 CHA +1 WIS)
a. Grade: F
b. Details: Oh, lawdy. This is my demon. Looking back at my logs for food, either I’m totally focused and super low sugar, or I threw caution to the wind and went all out. I don’t do happy mediums of compromises, it would appear. Sadly, this goal may have to end up on the next challenge as well, since I struggle so much…
c.
 +0 CHA +0 WIS

3. Walk. (+2 DEX +1 CON)

a. Grade: B
b. Details: I am really happy with how I did on my walking. Taking the number of steps goal out of the picture helped me to just focus on a relaxing stroll. Awesome!
c. 
+1.5 DEX +.75 CON

4. Write. (+1 CON +3 STR)
a. Grade: B
b. Details: I only got through chapter 5 of 8 in my book. I lost steam part of the way through, because I didn’t realize that the book was just barely any info, then journaling and stories. This is not what I was looking for, so I quit reading. Next time I will have to choose my book better.
c. +.75 CON + 2.25 STR

Further explanation: 

I made a lot of awesome strides in this challenge, but also realized some gaps that I have. Ever learning, as we all should be, I’m looking forward to the next challenge and getting even better.

Other notables from this challenge: 

-       I continue to lift 3 times a week

-       I continue to work on my story, even though I didn’t finish it, I am pleased with the progress

-       I signed up for a Spartan and a Go Ruck for 2014, in the quest to get stronger

-       I was selected to be a Goal Getter for Jan-Mar 2014 in the Strength category on Girls Gone Sporty

-       I have AM STILL gluten free since September 1st!!!

OVERALL GRADE: B-

My total points are: 9.25

HAMMLIN's NEW STATS:

Strength (STR): 26.75
Dexterity (DEX): 25.25
Stamina (STA): 23
Constitution (CON): 23.5
Wisdom (WIS): 24.5
Charisma (CHA): 19.75

Total Attribute Points: 142.75

Level 13

My Blog | My Story

Our goals are very similar!  I'm doing the Whole30 this challenge (a strict paleo diet with sugar detox if you're not familiar with it) whilst lifting and walking a lot.  Looking forward to following along!  Sugar is in EVERYTHING I've found so it's really tough to avoid unless you're a really strict label reader.  It goes by so many names, too.  Usually anything with an -ose is an offender.  Good luck!  I know for a fact it's not easy!

Our goals are very similar!  I'm doing the Whole30 this challenge (a strict paleo diet with sugar detox if you're not familiar with it) whilst lifting and walking a lot.  Looking forward to following along!  Sugar is in EVERYTHING I've found so it's really tough to avoid unless you're a really strict label reader.  It goes by so many names, too.  Usually anything with an -ose is an offender.  Good luck!  I know for a fact it's not easy!

Awesome! I did a Whole30 a year ago- I learned so much about my body! Right now it is a matter of heeding my own knowledge and advice hahaha.

Hooray!

In other news, I am doing WAY better with sugar this challenge than I did last time. I think I care more. I have bigger goals in line now and before I was just kinda lost in the sauce.

My pull up progress is being tracked by an organization I'm an ambassador for, and part of that involves me writing articles about my progress! Here is one (it links to an outside side, FYI)

Progress!!!

My Blog | My Story

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines