BlueKiwi works on Self-Control

bluekiwi1

i have been drinking more tea and hence less coffee too!  thanks for the idea/inspiration!

YAY!  Tea is good!  Rawr!  Rawr!  Thanks!  And you are welcome! :D

what's this?

Cabbage seafood soup... I made!  I use napa cabbage... They are the ones you see at Asian grocery stores

Napa-Cabbage-2.jpg

I cut the cabbage up, dump it in a big soup pot, throw in some tofu and whatever seafood is available in my freezer.  I had some shrimps and bay scallops so I used them.  I also put 3 big slices of ginger into the soup and cover them up with water.  Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until everything is done in the pot.  Not Paleo because of the tofu.  But, I LOVE tofu in soup.

Stopping in to Woot my friend on her continued awesome progress! Proud of you kiwi!

You have got this challenge in the bag! hugs :love_heart: :love_heart:

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rawr!  Rawr!  Thanks, Ash :D

meow. good job! way to get the zzzs! meow.

Moo?!  Meow?  Meow!  Rawr Rawr!  Thanks, forkboy!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Awesome work kiwi!  :triumphant:

I know that you will get that coffee monster beat and kill those goals in the coming weeks!

Have a wonderful Tuesday! (hugs) :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Cabbage seafood soup... I made!  I use napa cabbage... They are the ones you see at Asian grocery stores

Napa-Cabbage-2.jpg

I cut the cabbage up, dump it in a big soup pot, throw in some tofu and whatever seafood is available in my freezer.  I had some shrimps and bay scallops so I used them.  I also put 3 big slices of ginger into the soup and cover them up with water.  Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until everything is done in the pot.  Not Paleo because of the tofu.  But, I LOVE tofu in soup.

thank you!! i've never tried napa cabbage. sounds like a good time to try! i don't love shrimp though so i'll probably try it with a different fish :) thanks again!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Goal 1:  Food Control - C

I had coffee 4x this week.  :\  Oops. 

Wait......coffee is bad?

Is it messing with your sleep or something?

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: Happy Thanksgiving Kiwi! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Hope it is awesome!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

good job with the planking kiwi!  i'm struggling with my side quest too.  let's get it done this week !

Rawr!  Thanks, Nick!  Hope you had a super duper week!  I'll come catch up in a bit!  Rawr!

Awesome work kiwi!  :triumphant:

I know that you will get that coffee monster beat and kill those goals in the coming weeks!

Have a wonderful Tuesday! (hugs) :love_heart: :love_heart:

Rawr!  Rawr!  Thanks, Ash!  Sadly Coffee won this week again.. Sigh.

thank you!! i've never tried napa cabbage. sounds like a good time to try! i don't love shrimp though so i'll probably try it with a different fish :) thanks again!

They are pretty good with anything.  Just make sure you put some ginger with it.  It brings out the flavor more.  :)  Good Luck and Have Fun!

Wait......coffee is bad?

Is it messing with your sleep or something?

Rawr... Coffee normally is not bad.  But, too much caffeine triggers headaches and migraines for me.  So I have to watch it... Sigh.

:love_heart:  Happy Thanksgiving Kiwi!  :love_heart:

Hope it is awesome!

Thanks, Ash!  Hope you had an awesome one! :D

Happy THanksgiving Kiwi!

MOOOOOOOOO! MMMMMOOOOOO! RARW! MOOOOOOOOOO!

*** Today I ate three pieces of pie, and many galsses of wine***

Moo!  Rawr!  Mmmmmm... pies... Rawr... *drools*  We had pecan pie and apple crisp!  So good!

Hope all is well! Meow!

Rawr!  Thanks, forkboy!  MOO!  Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving!  Rawr!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

I think I should just go into the Week 3 Summary, instead of trying to figure out what happened for the rest of the week...

I am still sticking to my goals and stuff, but not so much on the coffee part.  It's cold outside and my brain craves coffee.  It doesn't matter if it will suffer for having too much coffee.  My brain tells me that "I want coffee and I want it now!"  So, I had coffee for 4x this week again.  I had two headache attacks on Tuesday and Sunday.  They were not fun.  They made a Kiwi sad.

Other than the headaches, I am doing well.  Work has been super busy and crazy.  I foresee more late nights, but that's okay.  More work, less chance of getting fired?!  LOL!

End of Week 3 Summary:  B+

Goal 1:  Food Control - C

I had coffee 4x this week.  I have no control around coffee when it's cold outside.  Sigh.

Goal 2:  Body Control - A

My planking time improved to 3:30.  Rawr!

Goal 3: Mind Control - B

I did yoga and meditation 4x this week.

Side Quest:  Sleep - A

I did well on my sleep goal this week!  Rawr!

Life Quest:  Finish What I Have Started

Putting away boxes:  I didn't put boxes away, but hubs did.  Does that count?

Finishing dissertation:  Didn’t do as much as I would like, but did spend Saturday afternoon working on the data section.

Rawr... Coffee normally is not bad.  But, too much caffeine triggers headaches and migraines for me.  So I have to watch it... Sigh.

I see. :(

Man, I wish I had a trick up my sleeves for migraines.....sigh.

Sculptor - Warrior

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's tough when it gets cold huh!  You were doing great with the coffee earlier in the challenge, maybe you will get back to it.  i wish you the best of luck kiwi, happy monday!

Race: Peasant

Class: Ranger

Level: 3

STR:2 DEX:3 STA:4 CON:2 WIS:3 CHA:1

HavingANickFit tries something new

Fitocracy-HavingANickFit

"it doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up you better be running."

Week 3, Monday:

Goal 1:  Food Control - Eat quality calories, consume less sugar, and drink less caffeinated stuff.

I had a cup of coffee this morning and that was it.  Only caffeine-free tea in the afternoon. 

Breakfast was coconut custard; lunch was taro soup, leftover Thanksgiving dinner.  Dinner was noodles with cabbage.

Goal 2:  Body Control - Planking and strength training.

Nothing to report.

Goal 3:  Mind Control - Do yoga and meditation in the morning

Did yoga and meditation for 15 minutes in the morning.

Side Quest:  In bed by 11pm

I was in bed by 11pm.  Rawr!

Life Quest:

Got some work done, but not nearly as much I should have.  So tired...

I see. :(

Man, I wish I had a trick up my sleeves for migraines.....sigh.

Aww, thanks, Donar!  I think I know most of my triggers.  It just gets worst when it's cold outside.  Rawrrrr!

it's tough when it gets cold huh!  You were doing great with the coffee earlier in the challenge, maybe you will get back to it.  i wish you the best of luck kiwi, happy monday!

Rawr!  Thanks, Nick!  I am giving decaf coffee a chance.  I have always stayed away from the stuff.  But, I think this might be a good compromise...  We'll see!  Good luck to you, too!  Rawr!

Good luck with the decaf, Kiwi!

I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to contribute - have neither be a coffee fan nor do I have experience with migraines. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing ;)

I am a self-proclaimed coffee nutjob....I am totally addicted to caffeine. :(

I took a diving trip to Little Cayman about a year ago and was getting these vicious headaches at midday....at first, I thought maybe it was the pressure variations from the scuba diving.....turns out it was caffeine withdrawl....

For real.

I started having some soda with my breakfast and it went away. (I am too much of a girly man to handle the incredibly strong coffee those British folks serve... ;) )

Sculptor - Warrior

The British serve coffee? I never noticed, all I ever got was tea... :D

Hellooooooo, clichés!

Little Cayman is a British territory....and they serve some mean coffee....whoa! stong!

Us yanks are whimps with our coffee.... :playful:

Sculptor - Warrior

Little Cayman is a British territory....and they serve some mean coffee....whoa! stong!

:D

I probably wouldn't notice the difference. I'm not used to caffeine at all, so no matter what nationality coffee you gave me,I probably couldn't sleep afterwards, anyway. (Probably even with decaf - placebo ftw...)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I am going to jump in here and say, the stronger the better!!!! :D

I like coffee to be strong enough to keep you awake for a week, lol!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Week 3, Tuesday:

Goal 1:  Food Control - Eat quality calories, consume less sugar, and drink less caffeinated stuff.

Had a cup of decaf coffee today... (blah)...  Good comprise on a cold day, but I think I'll stick with strong black tea.

Lunch with chicken with veggies; and for dinner, I had noodles with cabbage.

Legs/Deadlifts:

Squats:  45lb - 20x2

Lunges:  45lb - 20x2

Calf raise:  45lb - 20x2

Barbell Row:  45lb - 5x2

Deadlifts:  65lb - 5x3

Plank time:  3:30

Didn't happen...

Life Quest:

Nothing...

*******************************************************************************************

Week 3, Wednesday:

Had green tea today.

Lunch with grilled cheese sammie with taro soup.  Dinner was noodles with cabbage and some bay scallops.

Nothing to report...

I was in bed by 11pm, but ended up reading stuff passed midnight... Oops.

Life Quest:

Nothing...

Lol, I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee too!!! :D

And I DON'T do decaf.....EVER!  :playful:

Awesome work on that workout and eating well! Now just to hit that bedtime! ;)

You are doing fantastic kiwi, big hugs!! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Week 3, Thursday:

I had a cup of black tea.

Lunch was taro soup and some rice paper spring rolls.  Dinner was noodles with cabbage and some bay scallops.

Arms/Chest:

Bench Press:  25lb 10x2

Overhead Press: 25lb 5x2

Pectoral Fly:  25lb 5x2

Dumbbell Row:  25lb 10x1

Triceps Extension:  25lb 10x1

Front Raise:  25lb 10x1

Side Raise:  25lb 5x1

Plank Time:  4:00!  Rawr!

Although, I was all wobbly for the last 30 seconds...  My forearms and core muscles are definitely sore today...  I think that last minute of the 5-minute plank is gonna be brutal...  It's okay.  I still got a couple more weeks to work up to it.  Rawr!

Did yoga and meditation for 10 minutes in the morning.

Couldn't sleep last night...  Dunno why...  The stress of dissertation is getting to me again...  *sniffs*

Life Quest:

Did about an hour worth of revising...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines