• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlamedCat

BlamedCat trains on Mt. Kolts

Merry Christmas!!!

Can anyone guess what gift I gave to myself today? A Zombie mission :)

I finally completed workout 3 for week 3. It was to pick up a supply drop (kinda ironic on Christmas eh?).

I'm excited that I finished, but I took a sneak peek at week 4 and I'm worried. I'm not sure I can so a 5 min run. Doesn't mean I won't try, just daunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family had a lovely day :) And good for you for getting out there! Blah blah something about good health being the greatest gift... But for real, good job!

• Like 1

Okay, time for a full on recap of this challenge.  I tracked things, but I didn't really pay attention to it as a whole to keep from stressing lol.  Let's see how I did.

Challenge Recap 

Mission 1 & Life Goal: Master's Daily Chores:

Shoulder:  64/80 (I really need to watch this carefully since I keep getting better, but not quite there yet :( )

Bible: 33/35 A (This worked out well most of the time and just getting back in the habit enhanced so many things)

Sleep:  29/35 (I had a particularly bad week around week 4, but otherwise I managed to stay afloat with the minimum.)

Mission 2: Master's Movement 'Suggestions':

Exercise Grab Bag:  18/18 (I did more than required here, but that's good cause I need to keep challenging myself)
Mission 3: Cooking for the Master:
Cooking: 6/6 (This was a fun goal and I enjoy cooking for my family.)

Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family had a lovely day :) And good for you for getting out there! Blah blah something about good health being the greatest gift... But for real, good job!

Thanks!  Yep, we had a good time this week.  I'm so glad I had the extra time off and got to spend it with my family :)

Five minutes!? You will do it. See you in the next challenge.

Haha, glad you think I've got it in me, we shall see how that goes tomorrow. ;)  And yes, once I figure out what I'm tackling next challenge, will do!

Looks like it was a good challenge for you, all in all. You're right, though: do not let your shoulder slip back. Keep on with the rehab there. You don't want it going bad.

Now, where did that thrice-blasted cat take off to?

Here, kittykittykitty!

Hey, you!!! Yeah, you!!!! It's challenge Day 1 - where are you??!!

Hi gals!  I'm at home sick today, but I'm alive.  I don't have a challenge planned out, so I'll just hang out at my battle log this time, but I'll stalk you (and others). Promise!

Sorry you aren't feeling well.  We all need a break sometimes..  Link to your battle log?  Cause I'm feeling lazy. :)

Lol, sure thing.  Yeah, I'm always torn between "taking a break" and "failing" so to speak.  I just realized that this challenge will end on Feb. 16th... I'll be going with my family to our first full family vacation to Disney World on Friday of that week.  Maybe I should craft up a challenge thread... eh, either way, here's my battle log for ya :)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38932-blamecats-bodacious-battle-log/

You could always do a modified challenge, if you aren't up for taking on a full one. Not that I can talk, since I took a break last time.

I guess whether it's just a break, or something worse, has entirely to do with your attitude and reasons for not doing it - are you missing out because you think it will help in the long term to give yourself a rest from the constant pressure of doing a challenge? Or because you haven't thought up what you're going to do yet, and don't feel like it?

I'm sure we'll see you around either way - but give it some thought!

I second Fonzico, and from your post:

>"Lol, sure thing.  Yeah, I'm always torn between "taking a break" and "failing" so to speak.  I just realized that this challenge will end on Feb. 16th... I'll be going with my family to our first full family vacation to Disney World on Friday of that week.  Maybe I should craft up a challenge thread... eh, either way, here's my battle log for ya  :)"<

And from last challenge's soft start, it sounds more like the 'something worse' ---- insert eyebrows of doom here. 

You can do it - and just because you're going on vacation, doesn't mean you should be any less vigilant. You see what kind of shennanigans I've gotten up to on my vacations; learn from them. 

You could always do a modified challenge, if you aren't up for taking on a full one. Not that I can talk, since I took a break last time.

I guess whether it's just a break, or something worse, has entirely to do with your attitude and reasons for not doing it - are you missing out because you think it will help in the long term to give yourself a rest from the constant pressure of doing a challenge? Or because you haven't thought up what you're going to do yet, and don't feel like it?

I'm sure we'll see you around either way - but give it some thought!

Yeah, you needed the break, you had a business to run and all that :)  I think the break did you good.

Yeah, pressure is rough sometimes, but the encouragement is worth it.  <see below for more thoughts on this>

I second Fonzico, and from your post:

>"Lol, sure thing.  Yeah, I'm always torn between "taking a break" and "failing" so to speak.  I just realized that this challenge will end on Feb. 16th... I'll be going with my family to our first full family vacation to Disney World on Friday of that week.  Maybe I should craft up a challenge thread... eh, either way, here's my battle log for ya  :)"<

And from last challenge's soft start, it sounds more like the 'something worse' ---- insert eyebrows of doom here. 

You can do it - and just because you're going on vacation, doesn't mean you should be any less vigilant. You see what kind of shennanigans I've gotten up to on my vacations; learn from them. 

<points to battle log>

'something worse'?  I'm trying not to suffer from challenge burn-out.  I don't mind doing a challenge, but should I sit here on day one and rush to come up with goals (like I did last challenge) or should I have taken my time over the past two weeks to do this... I think I should have done the later, but I didn't, lost track of the challenge start date, and so here we are. :(

Of course, me trying to evaluate myself today when I'm sick isn't a very wise thing either.  Hmm... Yeah, I know, hence why i'm promising to stay on the Battle Log for sure...

Haha, did you learn from them? <teases and ducks> nah, I hear ya... it's Disney World, It's gonna be a challenge to maintain healthy eating there I'm sure... though at least I'll get walking in everyday lol.

Something worse, as in 'taking not coming up with a plan on the spot as an excuse to dive into self defeatism'. Of *course* you should have thought of something before ... but not doing so isn't the end of the world. Nor is starting a day or two late because you feel like crap and want to take time to sort your thoughts out. Though, from the battle log - it looks like you already have enough goals for a challenge thread. 

I hear you on not wanting to get burned out, but nobody ever said this was going to be easy. When things are hard and you want to give up is where the rubber meets the road and you grow. You've done a metric ton of great work this past year, and fatigue is inevitable - so break for a battle log if you need to, just keep in mind that posting here daily and engaging with the community is what keeps you on track and moving in the right direction. That's what works for us all, or we wouldn't be here.

'Battle Log' doesn't need to be code for 'working less hard on my goals' and I can see it becoming just that very easily. Not that I'm any different - I know I can't 'just' do a battle log -- I need more accountability and engagement with my community to stave off apathy. 

Whatever track you take - keep on it, and work every bit as hard at it -- you've come too far to turn back now. :)