• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlamedCat

BlamedCat trains on Mt. Kolts

I had thought to do that - but then I'm not going to want to go; and I need to go in case that doesn't end up working out and I end up needing to go buy a duck breast somewhere else on Wednesday. 

Plus, I'd rather go while the sun has just set - instead of waiting an hour and going when it's even colder. For reference, it is 23 degrees out right now. Wednesday will be warmer (high of 57), but raining off and on. We will see how I feel in an hour and a half - maybe duck breast is where it will have to be at this year. I'll see if the hubbs will go with me :)

Okay, that makes much more sense.  I was wondering if the hour difference would make... a difference, so I wonder, what did you end up doing?  *poke poke*

Alright BlamedCat, get back on that shoulder rehab!   :)

yessir

Okay, friends.  (now that I fixed my inprogress post) here's the recap for yesterday.

Week 3 Day 1 Recap

Mission 1 & Life Goal: Master's Daily Chores:

Shoulder:  2/2 (back on track)

Bible:  2 Chronicles 21 - 24

Sleep: 6.5 hrs.  (I've got this handy app that is tracking my sleep, so I don't fudge the numbers.)

Mission 2: Master's Movement 'Suggestions':

Exercise Grab Bag: It was nasty, no walk at lunch.  HOWEVER...I did get in a workout (see below)

Mission 3: Cooking for the Master:
Cooking: I think there's gonna be plenty of leftovers from Friday (that's when we're having thanksgiving) even if we are inviting a few extra people over to join our family for food.

===========

Workout(s)

===========

After I got my son in bed around 7:30, I did my first round of shoulder rehab and then decided to do the following:

20x2 Wall-Pushups (slow and steady) (I did try lower in the bathroom using the sink, but that's too much stress right now, so I'm sticking with wall ones for awhile)

20x2 Prisoner Squats

Then I went and spent time with my daughter for an hour in the front room before tucking her in bed and praying with her.

At 9 I did my second set of shoulder rehab and:

20x2 wall-pushups

20x2 prisoner squats

It's not the greatest workout, but it's FAR better than letting my butt lazily flop on the couch or computer chair and do nothing :)

I can feel light doms in my shoulders, arms, and legs today, that's good :)  Of course, that also means I've gotta get back into a routine... 

Good going on the finishing rehab workouts + some extras tonight. Whoo hoo! 

The hubbs ended up being wonderful and driving me to get duck - which took all of 20 minutes and was much easier than walking in the cold and the wind. 

And when we got back I did a half workout/half finally stretching using the roller - primarily because I knew I'd catch shit if I didn't and let myself be lazy instead :D 

• Like 1

Good going on the finishing rehab workouts + some extras tonight. Whoo hoo! 

The hubbs ended up being wonderful and driving me to get duck - which took all of 20 minutes and was much easier than walking in the cold and the wind. 

And when we got back I did a half workout/half finally stretching using the roller - primarily because I knew I'd catch shit if I didn't and let myself be lazy instead :D

Thanks! Yeah, now I gotta make myself do something tonight (got both rehabs to do tonight like I did last night, since I had to head out early again today).

I saw that in your thread, that's awesome and MUCH more efficient.

Oooh okay, so disregard my question about stretching afterward then, but YES, after your mom eye to me, I would have been repaying the favor with the 'eyebrow of doom' to you not stretching.

FYI, the Eyebrow of Doom is akin to a Leonard Nimoy Spock raised eyebrow, but from my dad with the implication of a Picard facepalm or a "Do you realize how stupid x was?"

• Like 1

Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom!

gir-doom-wallpapergir-the-doom-song-by-w

On a more serious note, I'm very glad you're back on track, and responding well to drill-sergeanting. A little workout is ALWAYS, A MILLION TIMES BETTER than no workout at all. It's a win!

Any plans to mitigate disaster for Thanksgiving? As in, an alternative root veggies mash to go along with the potatoes? Or some other amazing vegetable (I know you've been resistant to brussel sprouts in the past, but I used to hate them too until they were cooked with bacon!) I'm sure you'll do your best to fill up on all that delicious protein, so you're too full for pie, amiright?

• Like 1

Good job getting your shoulder rehabs in with extras!  Too bad the weather hasn't been cooperating for your lunch walks.  Ahh, late fall/winter.  Keep up the good work!

Well, you know, it sounds like you're exercising by greasing the groove - you're following the 'routineless' routine that lets you practice and still live your life. It's a valid strategy, and given that you're rebuilding your habit - and your shoulder - at the moment, maybe it's the most effective one.

Just keep working at it. You'll be fine.

Well, you know, it sounds like you're exercising by greasing the groove - you're following the 'routineless' routine that lets you practice and still live your life. It's a valid strategy, and given that you're rebuilding your habit - and your shoulder - at the moment, maybe it's the most effective one.

Just keep working at it. You'll be fine.

I hadn't actually thought of it that way.  Adapt and overcome, as long as I'm doing something and striving to get better, that's what matters, right? :)

Doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom!

On a more serious note, I'm very glad you're back on track, and responding well to drill-sergeanting. A little workout is ALWAYS, A MILLION TIMES BETTER than no workout at all. It's a win!

Any plans to mitigate disaster for Thanksgiving? As in, an alternative root veggies mash to go along with the potatoes? Or some other amazing vegetable (I know you've been resistant to brussel sprouts in the past, but I used to hate them too until they were cooked with bacon!) I'm sure you'll do your best to fill up on all that delicious protein, so you're too full for pie, amiright?

haha!!  Love it!  :)  Yeah, not bad for going about 3 challenges without needing a swift kick in the pants, eh?  :D

Hmm, well we're ordered to bring mashed potatoes, I tried to offer my sweet potato mash, but I was told by my sister that she was making a sweet potato dish and that would be too much...   SO, I'm going to let my wife make the mashed potatoes and I'm going to make roasted veggies and bring those, like I did last year.

As for mitigating disaster, I plan to load up on meat first and veggies second.  As far as sweets go, i plan on either avoiding them all together, or if partaking, they will be small portions and no second helpings.  I've also given myself permission to throw away something if it's TOO sweet (I hate wasting food). so that way I don't try something, find out it's way too sweet and then feel obligated to finish it and make myself sick as a result.

Good job getting your shoulder rehabs in with extras!  Too bad the weather hasn't been cooperating for your lunch walks.  Ahh, late fall/winter.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks!  Oh it finally did, I got a walk in yesterday and I WILL get one in today, I'm SO HAPPY! :D  

Week 3 Day 2 Recap

Shoulder:  2/2

Bible:  2 Chronicles 25

Sleep: 6.8 hours.

Exercise Grab Bag: 33:43 minutes, 1.8mi walk

Cooking: N/A
  • Like 1

Hmm, well we're ordered to bring mashed potatoes, I tried to offer my sweet potato mash, but I was told by my sister that she was making a sweet potato dish and that would be too much...   SO, I'm going to let my wife make the mashed potatoes and I'm going to make roasted veggies and bring those, like I did last year.

As for mitigating disaster, I plan to load up on meat first and veggies second.  As far as sweets go, i plan on either avoiding them all together, or if partaking, they will be small portions and no second helpings.  I've also given myself permission to throw away something if it's TOO sweet (I hate wasting food). so that way I don't try something, find out it's way too sweet and then feel obligated to finish it and make myself sick as a result.

Thanks!  Oh it finally did, I got a walk in yesterday and I WILL get one in today, I'm SO HAPPY! :D

Excellent all round! This was exactly the response I was looking for :P Roasted veggies are the best, and you definitely have a solid game plan for the big day. I really like the part about allowing yourself to throw out something you don't want to eat - your stomach is not a trash can, and it's totally not worth it.

Good job getting your walks in, too. You can dooooooo this!

• Like 1

I'm back....

Excellent all round! This was exactly the response I was looking for :tongue: Roasted veggies are the best, and you definitely have a solid game plan for the big day. I really like the part about allowing yourself to throw out something you don't want to eat - your stomach is not a trash can, and it's totally not worth it.

Good job getting your walks in, too. You can dooooooo this!

Thanks!  I started strong this week, then the holidays wrecked a lot of things, but I managed to make it through and I'm NOT starting any bad habits, so yay.  I'll recap in a bit.

Do not - I repeat - Do not mess with DarkFoxx. 

Lesson learned :)

Blamed Cat!!!!!!!!! I am so happy to find you here!

Kim Taura!!  Thanks!  :D  I keep feeling I need to figure how to start doing some martial arts now that I'm over here... but I can't find any old masters on mountain tops to get some training from...

Week 3 Day 3-7 Recap

Shoulder:  2/1/2/2/2

Bible:  2 Chronicles 26-28 (Didn't read everyday, got distracted with all the holiday stuff, but got back on track on Sunday)

Sleep: 4.9/5/6/6/7.

Exercise Grab Bag: no walks for the rest of the week, but I did purchase Zombies! 5k, so I'm looking forward to trying that out this week.  On Thursday, I did try and help dad move some things out of the storage container, moved a small dresser overhead, down to the floor, felt okay, then took 7 shelves from a big bookshelf and carried those into the building, but that caused my shoulder to start burning/hurting.  I had to stop at that point, so my shoulder is still really weak :( Lesson learned.  Also on Sunday night, I was going to do more than just rehab, but my shoulder really started aching, so I ended up just icing it for the remainder of my night before bed. (didn't have ibprophen in the house, so no meds).

Cooking: Ended up having leftovers, which is fine by me :)

I ended up making mashed potatoes as requested (made about 10 lbs worth lol), then we oven roasted a whole slew of veggies (green beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower).  I'm gonna count that as my cooking for the week, because it was given to family at large.
Had two Thanksgiving dinners, Thursday with my own family, and then Friday with sis and parents. Thursday, I kept it light, had some of everything (we didn't have dessert, so no issues there).
Friday, I ended up having pretty much smaller portions of everything that was offered, but primarily veggies and meat.  I did have dessert, but only enough to satiate things, no gorging on my part.  Everyone else drank sodas or sweet tea (big in the south hehe), but I had only unsweet tea and needed that to cut some things that were sweeter than expected.

It's funny, I heard the line "I need to have a bigger plate!" a couple of times on Friday, but I found that just putting a little of everything on my plate, there was plenty of room.  Oh and apparently my family was suppose to bring rolls for Friday as well.. we forgot to make and bring them, which was a happy accident in my book, they didn't need all that bread anyway ;)

• Like 1

Sounds like you did really well altogether, on the eating side of things - moderation, lots of veggies and protein, minimal dessert - spot on, mate!

I'm sorry to hear you aggravated your shoulder again, however - hopefully it doesn't set you too far back in your recovery process.

Extra win on the accidental lack of bread! I'm sure there was plenty of delicious, substantial food, who needs filler anyways?

Wow, you had actual veggies! Score! That's awesome, dude. All we had at my Thanksgiving was some weak-ass romaine lettuce. It was dressed up nicely, but I would have loved to have more greens there.

Whoo hoo! Zombies!!!!! :) 

And good going on your Turkey Day veggies - that sounds fabulous. 

Plus, good going on the rehab exercises - that's your best streak yet! 

• Like 1

Sounds like you did really well altogether, on the eating side of things - moderation, lots of veggies and protein, minimal dessert - spot on, mate!

I'm sorry to hear you aggravated your shoulder again, however - hopefully it doesn't set you too far back in your recovery process.

Extra win on the accidental lack of bread! I'm sure there was plenty of delicious, substantial food, who needs filler anyways?

Thanks Fonzico :)  yeah, it doesn't seem too, but I think I'm gonna have to keep taking anti-inflamitory meds at least once a day to keep things on the up and up as I heal.  No biggie, just gotta REMEMBER.

Haha, yeah I thought that was awesome and that's EXACTLY how I view bread now, as filler, or empty carbs (like soda/beer).

Wow, you had actual veggies! Score! That's awesome, dude. All we had at my Thanksgiving was some weak-ass romaine lettuce. It was dressed up nicely, but I would have loved to have more greens there.

Yep yep!  I have started making that a requirement lol.  Dude, that sucks... yeah nothing beats a veggie tray or some kinda delicious veggies (other water lettuce).  I saw what happened in your thread, the timing killed you guys :(  Though, to be honest, if anyone could burn all that off in a single work out, it would be you, man.  ;)

Whoo hoo! Zombies!!!!! :)

And good going on your Turkey Day veggies - that sounds fabulous. 

Plus, good going on the rehab exercises - that's your best streak yet! 

Yeah, I figured I could justify 2.16 for the app when it was all said and done.  I hate zombie movies, but the psychological part is fun... and BOY DOES THIS THING MESS WITH YOU!  >_>

Danka danka :)

Interested to see how the zombies 5k is.  Keep up the good work :)

<points to DarkFoxx> she's the one that got me to try it, so you should hit her up about it, but so far, man, it's cool.  All I've done is the beginner thing and it already had me on my toes and half-way through I'm "it's just a game" but.. then I was like "awww crap zombies are chasing me.. wha... I gotta move faster?? wha... nnoooo fine fineaaahhh!"  then I found out it wasn't really tracking me for the beginner mission :(  But tomorrow... >_>

For once in my life, I'm a *good* influence ... I'll take it! 

I love the first zombie mission  - that's what the whole other app is like. Next time out you'll start training and it'll go easier on you :)