• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlamedCat

BlamedCat trains on Mt. Kolts

For once in my life, I'm a *good* influence ... I'll take it! 

I love the first zombie mission  - that's what the whole other app is like. Next time out you'll start training and it'll go easier on you :)

Bah, you signed up for a life-time of being a good influence when you showed up in this community! :D

Wow, it's just, if it's as engaging as that first mission, this is gonna be fun.  I mean, I'm amazed at the decent acting and how the story is crafted to draw you in, even with the audio tricks.

Of course, I kept chuckling at myself everytime my playlist would kick back in.  I didn't have time to actually SET a playlist, but I had downloaded a few songs when Starbucks made them free... so they were super happy retro type songs, so it brought back memories of playing Fallout 3 lol.  And now that I've got my profile set to public, you can now stalk the blamedcat.  https://www.zombiesrungame.com/BlamedCat/  I still haven't gotten a chance to really set a playlist, so it's gonna be more "whatever was free via Starbucks App" for now.

Followed. I have some playlist cleaning to do myself ... I pretty much went through my phone and quick-added anything I really loved or thought would be zombie-y - which is pretty good, but not consistently as up-tempo as I like when working out. 

Week 4 Day 1 Recap

Mission 1 & Life Goal: Master's Daily Chores:

Shoulder:  2 of 2 (yay)

Bible:  So I started this Countdown to Christmas (Advent) devotional with my daughter last night.  We read Genesis 1:1-26 (Creation of the universe), Then the devo brought us to Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."  And since I was catching us up to day 2, we pressed on and read Genesis 3:1-6 (Fall of Man and Sin entering the world), then the devo brought us to Romans 5:12 "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned."  It's been great to correlate how things all started and what they mean for us today to my daughter.  I'm liking how this is going to take us through a journey to why Jesus is important :)

Sleep: 4.3 hours (I got to sleep late last night, because I wanted to really get some work in on the spoof site.  It's been awhile since I've really touched it and I wanted to make some progress, which I did, so yay!)

Mission 2: Master's Movement 'Suggestions':

Exercise Grab Bag: I started my journey on the Zombies 5K app yesterday.  You can see my progress here. You can also stalk me as BlamedCat.  I got in a 36 min walk, for 3.24 km. It was a lot of fun and definitely worth the 2 bucks I paid for it.
Mission 3: Cooking for the Master:
Cooking: I haven't even fathomed what I should make this weekend.

Followed. I have some playlist cleaning to do myself ... I pretty much went through my phone and quick-added anything I really loved or thought would be zombie-y - which is pretty good, but not consistently as up-tempo as I like when working out. 

Cool cool.  :)  Yeah, well you need that break between instances ;)  Unless, the app is gonna just barge in the middle (no clue what this thing is capable of other than sheer awesomeness)

Nice. A Christmas trend I can actually get behind. Glad you and she are going through that together.

• Like 1

Nice. A Christmas trend I can actually get behind. Glad you and she are going through that together.

Indeed :D  I gotta catch up again (we didn't go over it last night)

Keep up the good work :)  I wonder what would be the perfect mood music to have for the zombie app

Thanks, man!  Hmm... guess it depends on your style.  The music is there for when you're NOT running from zombies, so I'd say something light and fun? Definitely not something slow... the app dials down the music to talk to you, so I imagine even hard stuff would be fine for it.  What do you normally listen too?

I gotta get to reaping

Week 4 Day 2/3 Recaps

Shoulder:  2/2

Bible:  Countdown to Christmas (Genesis 3:23-24 & Isaiah 59:2) & (Genesis 12:1-3 & Galatians 3:6-8) / Yesterday I got in a lot of reading.  2 Chronicles 29 (about Hezekiah).  Then I decided to catch up on my own Advent reading, a devo called In the Fullness of Time.  I read through three of the devos, spanning Genesis 1:1-3, Genesis 3:15, & Genesis 12:3)  The good thing is that my devo accidentally follows along basically the same path as the one I'm doing with my daughter, so it provides added insight, which is neat :)

Sleep: 4.8 / 4.9  - I finished up the Zomoxtrin spoof site Wednesday, but have been working on it like crazy these past few days.  I should-- well, I can't say I'll get much sleep, I am hoping to get 6 hours tonight, not sure how the weather is gonna effect work possibilities tomorrow though.

Exercise Grab Bag:  Z5k W1W1 / Z5k W1W2 (You can see my progress here. You can also stalk me as BlamedCat.)  I'm loving this... and it's freaking me out that I'm ENJOYING training to run... I HATE running... but this is different.. it's... moving rapidly, or jogging, or something else...and I can do it and I don't have moobs causing problems, so yay.  Though I'm not sure how I'm getting an ab workout in the middle of all this, but my abs have been sore the past two days...
Cooking: I haven't even fathomed what I should make this weekend. x2

For you guys who wanna see the spoof site, check it out here: http://phgdoug.wix.com/zomoxtrin.  I started with a few blurbs from their podcast "sponsor" spots (three of them), and the logos for Zomoxtrin & Raxxon Pharmaceuticals... the rest I just went to town and whipped up and pulled from free sources.  Enjoy.  I thew in some easter eggs, cause I LOVE easter eggs on sites.

Indeed :D  I gotta catch up again (we didn't go over it last night)

Thanks, man!  Hmm... guess it depends on your style.  The music is there for when you're NOT running from zombies, so I'd say something light and fun? Definitely not something slow... the app dials down the music to talk to you, so I imagine even hard stuff would be fine for it.  What do you normally listen too?

I'd  just think it would be fun to have some kind of scary movie type music playing and then it just busts out run for you life! or something.  Scare you into running haha.

That site is great! 

And glad to hear you're enjoying the 'moving rapidly through space' - told you it wasn't so bad ;)

Thank you! :)  Haha, yeah well, 'moving rapidly through space' is only fun when there's a reason to do it. :)

I'd  just think it would be fun to have some kind of scary movie type music playing and then it just busts out run for you life! or something.  Scare you into running haha.

Ooh, that's a good idea :D  I'm a huge fan of Fallout, so grabbing some of those soundtracks from the game would put that mood there... or you could grab something from some movie to set the mood.  If you end up getting the app, let me know what playlist you end up deciding on :)

Week 4 Day 4 Recap

Shoulder:  1/2  (I totally forget to finish this up last night.  I got distracted by the winter storm and it being my daughter's 6th birthday lol.  No real excuse, but it's what happened.  I won't let it slip 2 days in a row though.

Bible:  Countdown to Christmas: My daughter and I went over Abraham and Isaac last night (Genessis 22:1-13 & James 2:21-22) and Esau & Jacob (Genesis 25:29-34 & Matthew 4:4).  We talked about the importance of faith and what we value most in life.  We also talked about making foolish decisions in the heat of the moment and how we should think through what we do instead of going with the perceived pressure of the moment.  

Sleep: 7.4 hours! (woot!  FINALLY got some good sleep.  This was largely in part because of the winter storm that slammed into Texas last night.  My office was closed, so I get to work from home (support never rests apparently).

Exercise Grab Bag:  I didn't accomplish any running yesterday, weather was too cold and I wasn't prepared, then it just got worse by the time I got home.
Cooking: I haven't even fathomed what I should make this weekend. x3

Hey. Hey. Hey! You! Yes, you, BlamedCat.

Whatcha gonna cook this weekend? Eh? Since your weather is so crappy, how about a nice filling stew or hearty soup? I have an excellent and extremely easy recipe for a sausage/sweet potato chowder if you like :)

Okay, excessively aggressive nudging over. High fives for the website, the sleep and your Bible time. I'll even let the shoulder thing slide, since, I mean, your daughter only turns 6 once! Plus you did get one session in. Although I can't guarantee the same treatment from DF. ;)

Have a good weekend!

Hey. Hey. Hey! You! Yes, you, BlamedCat.

Whatcha gonna cook this weekend? Eh? Since your weather is so crappy, how about a nice filling stew or hearty soup? I have an excellent and extremely easy recipe for a sausage/sweet potato chowder if you like :)

Okay, excessively aggressive nudging over. High fives for the website, the sleep and your Bible time. I'll even let the shoulder thing slide, since, I mean, your daughter only turns 6 once! Plus you did get one session in. Although I can't guarantee the same treatment from DF. ;)

Have a good weekend!

Ooh please share the recipe ASAP. I am out and can get to the store to pick up what I don't have. That sounds delicious.

Thanks for the understanding hehe. I'll make sure I get in my two today :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I just saw this, hopefully I'm not too late!

Chicken broth (1 box ish? 2 cups?)

Can of diced tomatoes

Sausage of your choice, 5-6 links

1 med sized sweet potato or yam

1/2 med white or yellow onion

Chopped greens of your choice (spinach or swiss chard work great)

Dollop of cooking fat

(you can double if you want leftovers, this feeds 4)

Peel and dice the sweet potato and dice onion.

Heat largish pot to medium high. Add fat and onions/sweet potato and sautee for a couple minutes. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder or spicy paprika.

Add chicken broth... Amount is flexible, depending in how thick you want it. You can always add more later, or cook it down of it's not quite right.

Also add the sausage whole, unless it's already cooked.

Simmer until sweet potato is tender and sausage is cooked through. (half hour or so)

Remove sausage and allow to cool, then slice.

While sausage cools, add greens and diced tomatoes, and cook for another couple minutes, until greens have wilted.

I like to blend it at this point, but you don't have to, it's good either way.

Add the sliced sausage back in, and adjust seasonings. If you want to be decadent (or to entice picky eaters) serve with a dollop of sour cream and some grated cheddar :)

• Like 3

Gotta second the site comments. It looks friggin' great!

Thanks :). I got an email from one of the designers of the game yesterday. He loves it too and thanked me for doing the site :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week 4 Day 5-7  & Week 5 Day 1 Recap

Shoulder:  I only missed one exercise from Friday to today, rockin!

Bible:  Managed to read regularly with the exception of Saturday.

Sleep: 5.3 / 6 / 5.3 / hopefully 6 (gotta work on this a bit and stop bingeing on Arrow)

Exercise Grab Bag:  We were pretty iced in from Friday on to today, so I haven't done anything extra. I want to try and get out walking tomorrow.
Cooking: Fonzico to the rescue with an amazing sweet potato and sausage chowder that was awesome... I even snuck in a generous helping of spinach in the mix and when blended (disappeared) muhuhahahaha!!
  • Like 1

Just remember: shows are online so that you can sleep and come back to them later. That's the whole point.

Sorry to hear the ice has got you blocked in. It's one of those things you don't think about, living down south, but it's totally a thing we have to worry about. Go figure.

Just remember: shows are online so that you can sleep and come back to them later. That's the whole point.

Sorry to hear the ice has got you blocked in. It's one of those things you don't think about, living down south, but it's totally a thing we have to worry about. Go figure.

Yeah, I know.  It was a rare cuddle/movie night with my wife (at least on the weekend).  Her schedule is so wacked, midnight is like her morning lol.  So I was trying to keep with her and then reminded myself that she's on the OTHER schedule and I needed to go to bed (and stop bingeing on the show).

Exactly!  And it gets so cold we don't wanna do anything... BUT... I did figure things had melted enough I could go out walking today.  I did my last exercise for week 1 on Zombies 5k.  I was slower today, but man was it fun.  I had two added elements to the walk/training today...

1. COLD... it was 30 when I was outside at lunch

2. ICE... I still had to practice some fancy footwork to avoid ice patches, which I was hoping wouldn't be the case, but turned out to be manageable.

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/blamedcat/

I was slower today, but I did some extra walking after the mission was over, so I think that makes up for it :)

Way to go with sneaking a Zombies workout in - despite the cold and ice! And slow is okay - whatever keeps you upright and moving forward. 

Way to go with sneaking a Zombies workout in - despite the cold and ice! And slow is okay - whatever keeps you upright and moving forward. 

Thanks, DF.. Okay, i do have a question about Zombies5k... should I give myself a day rest in-between that last one for week1 and my start of week2 or do you think I could go for week2 workout 1 today?