Have you ever wanted to change the stats that life gave you?

Towards the end of 2011, my wife shared with me the "world famous" picture of pink slime and told me to guess what it was.  Like most, I guessed it to be Strawberry yogurt, or strawberry ice cream.  I received the shock of my life when I learned what it truley was. Intreegued, I did a little more research and learned about what pink slime was, how it was made and that it was a pretty common practice in the food industry.  It was also around this time that I made a sweeping declaration...no more fast food, no more soda.  I was working at becoming a cleaner, leaner, meaner me.  I upheld this lifestyle for most of 2012...never eating from McD's, BK, KFC, and became very concerned about the quality of fodd that I was purchasing from grocery stores.  In 2013, my wife joined on board for my crusade.  We decided it was time for us to go sugar free as possible, eat clean, eat raw and eat naked.  We began exercising more, we ate clean, healthy, mostly organic foods and it made a huge difference in our lives.  I've lost over 50 pounds thus far dropping 18 inches off my waist line.  My wife has lost nearly 40...but we have hit a plateau. 

Which is what has brought me here.  I am a huge geek/nerd.  Hince the D20 for my avatar and my Screen name.

My name is Martin, and I am a gamer, IT Professional and a huge fan of D&D and World of Warcraft.  A big reason why I gained so much weight is because I ate unhealthy and I lived a very sedentry lifestyle.  I work 8-10 hours a day behind a desk and up until 2012 I spent most of my free time behind a computer monitor or tv screen playing video games.  I signed up for NERDFitness last week and after reading through some of the E-blasts I've been receiving I figured it was time to sit down and introduce myself.

*waves*

Like most people here (I imagine) I started various different social networking pages to attempt to branch out and find strength and encouragement.  Much of that has not really yielded much in the way of restults.  Beyond my mother (who is great to encourage me and my wife and offer her own two cents which she doesn't follow herself), I do not have many people that actually interact with me (I call this my epic fail on the D20).

Kind of hoping, maybe, just maybe this page/forum/group may bring better results.

Stop by and say hi...I won't bite, but I might encourage you to be better.
Facebook

Fitness Facebook Page
Twitter
Fitblr
Tumblr
Google+
Email

MyFitnessPal

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

Hi! I just started here myself, and so far, every one here is really nice, I just don't think that other than us new ones that many frequent this area. Just out of raw curiosity, and because here it actually means something, what's your favorite race and class for D&D and/or World of Warcraft? I hit a plateau a while ago, and was able to overcome it (little by painful little) by looking over at the Real Life Role Playing article they had. It's kind to plan out how to build yourself into your favorite character. 

And by now I've probably given enough of a scattered rant to scare you, so I will hush and try to keep the lack of noticeable social skills to a minimum.

Sinakoneko - odd as it seems, in the world of Faerun I prefer elves and rangers. I don't like big crowds cities and noise. In wow I love my human Mage. I love all the spells. I've played all classes, all races, and each faction. I usually play strong female characters. My Mage however is a male...he's a badass, but I don't have patience or time to raid. I RP and I mostly play solo as a way of loosing myself after a long week of school, work, and real life.

How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Reroll!

Welcome to the rebellion! I can relate to the isolation thing. It's hard to stay motivated when there is nobody (or close to it) around to help you. With that said, we here in the forums will be there for you, so take heart!

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

Stay sharp!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Rerollingmystats- I enjoy playing mostly animorphic/ Cat Folk characters, especially in D&D/World of Darkness, and any video games that happen to include them in their repertoire. I'm in college, so I don't get much time to play during the semester, which is why I got on here. I thought it would be really cool to have the reflexes, agility, and stamina that my characters often have, and figured I could work on being my character during the semester, and playing the games during the holidays.