Uncle Iroh's guide to aging gracefully: A Caponerd Challenge!

caponerd48

Oh, I would totally buy that too. Also, being a student who asked teacher for advice and being later on a teacher who gave them, I can understand the importance of what you did today, that with making a goal out of an unfortunate event is enough to declare this day a victorious one.

Let's turn it into a Mini-Quest! Hahahaha I can totally see us training like this 

NMuLlsz.gif

HA HAHA!!

You CAN NOT watch this without going "houuuuuuuuuuuuggghhhhhhhhfffffnnnngghhh....." in your head.

• Like 1

Time for an update!

1. Food! Yeah, my creativity/effort is limited, but I still managed to make a meal. This weeks was a BEAT! Recipe can be found here. I basically doubled the amounts on the recipe so that it could last me a bit. Turned out to be good for three meals, although I could have made even more, conceivably.

2. Recovery: I really should extend my routine to every day, but I managed to get my five times in this week!

3. Pull Ups: I struggled too much to justify moving on to the next week in the 20 pull up program, but I'm still proud of having gotten this far! I can make about 10 (with poor form, but good enough) and I want to repeat this last week with the hopes of getting those 10 really solid.

And now, to resist the Thanksgiving onslaught!

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

STR 9.1 - DEX 9.6 - STA 5.6 - CON 7 - WIS 12 -CHA 8

Oh man, good luck with the festivities. I know December will be a calamity for me >_<

Good work with the pull ups! I want to go back to them. My biceps won´t grow themselves! Well, they will but I have to torture them first.

I love egg recipes! Shamelessly copying!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Oh Thanksgiving, you know I can't resist your sultry wiles!

It's all good though, I was prepared to cede ground this weekend. Let's call it a strategic retreat! Here is how the former part of the week went.

Pull Ups: Only did Monday/Wednesday, but that was by design. Upon further consideration, I am just going to park on that week I have been stuck on for a while, and still count it towards my goal as long as I keep it consistent. Thanks Kishi for the advice, I do think I would rather focus on form and make sure I really have it down rather than half-assing my way through the last couple of reps.

Recovery: Half done, again by design. I also am hoping taking a week off of capoeira will help my back relax a bit.

Foods: In preparation for a weekend full of feasting (yeah, it is not really just the day when I am with my family) I ate oatmeal and boiled chicken for dinner Monday-Thursday. Not Paleo, but served my purpose well enough. As a result, despite eating so much of so many foods I normally avoid (bread rolls, pies, stuffing, cake, soda, etc.) I managed to weigh in this morning at 180 anyway, the weight I have been pretty much keeping at the past few months.

Side Quest!: I have done three out of five classes 'blind'. One of the classes last week I did wear contacts, but that is because I was subbing and teaching capoeira with limited visual abilities seemed like a poor choice. So far, it has been a quite interesting experience! Definitely keeping me on my toes, something I am in need of at this point in my training. Two more to go!

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

Thanks man!

On a side note, yesterday was a culinary disaster!

I tried making lentils with sausage, an easy recipe. Supposedly. But I blew it! Not enough water and the lentils ended up only half cooked. Unfortunately, I did not consider how much lentils expand so I have enough crappy food to last me till Saturday! I had some for dinner yesterday and it was tolerable with the addition of copious amounts of salsa, so it is not a complete loss. When I get home tonight I am going to try to boil a smaller batch a little more (I only have a medium size saucepan, something I should have considered before trying to cook two pounds of lentils in it...) are see how that works. If not, like I said it is edible and I'll commit to eating it till its done and learn my lesson for next time. I think this recipe would work for me in the future if I learn my lesson and cook it right.

Outlaw Monk

My Mighty Quest!

Thanks man!

On a side note, yesterday was a culinary disaster!

I tried making lentils with sausage, an easy recipe. Supposedly. But I blew it! Not enough water and the lentils ended up only half cooked. Unfortunately, I did not consider how much lentils expand so I have enough crappy food to last me till Saturday! I had some for dinner yesterday and it was tolerable with the addition of copious amounts of salsa, so it is not a complete loss. When I get home tonight I am going to try to boil a smaller batch a little more (I only have a medium size saucepan, something I should have considered before trying to cook two pounds of lentils in it...) are see how that works. If not, like I said it is edible and I'll commit to eating it till its done and learn my lesson for next time. I think this recipe would work for me in the future if I learn my lesson and cook it right.

Sorry, I giggled.

Try re-cooking them in broth. Better tastey.

Lentils are high in iron! Eat em up! :)

Hello again all! Done with another week, and I fear it was not my best. I did some serious falling off of the wagon. It was a combination of stress from work/school and spending the free time I did have heavy on the merriment. It came down to only doing my morning stretches three out of five days and pull up training only once. Then over the weekend, my neighbors decided to have a steak cook off! Of course, the smart thing for me to do would have been to behave myself, eat moderately, and avoid libations. Especially since I aim to misbehave something fierce this weekend and I had planned on being disciplined last week.

Yeah, that did not work. Two afternoons full of steak and beer. And of course I did not turn down the fixings.

Was I happy? Indubitably. Did I have a good time? Undeniably! But still, I really have to work on being more disciplined when out with friends. I have a hard time turning down hospitality and I need to get better at moderation in such festivities.

On a lighter note I have gotten back on track yesterday and today. Although last weeks meal was pretty whack (Although the broth helped loads, CheeChoe!) this week I stuck with something more familiar, a beef stroganoff recipe I have made several times. I do not have a link for that one, but if anyone would like the recipe I can share it. Pretty cheap, easy, and delicious!

Outlaw Monk

My Mighty Quest!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines