FreddyMcFred Receives the Prophesied Kick in the Butt

FreddyMcFred

I keep getting lazy. I've been fighting this all my life and I've been losing for most of it, but I am going to turn that around no matter how long it takes. My last challenge was a disappointment, and after it ended I stopped doing everything aside from the climbing since I at least have my roommate to keep me accountable as we climb together. It occurs to me I really need an accountabilibuddy or six in order to not suck. As much as I wanted to do this on my own, it isn't working.

In accordance with the prophecy, I am going to kick my own butt into gear and I'm going to find a way to make sure I don't slip again no matter what it takes.

My first target this time is the same as last time but I'm going to be serious about it. I'm going to seriously work out three times a week. This is usually going to involve climbing, but that's not enough and it really never was. Sure my muscles hurt, but not all of them and I'm generally not working up a serious sweat. I've used climbing as an excuse to ignore working out a lot of areas of my body. This changes now. If I finish climbing and I have gas left in the tank, I'll empty it.

Second target is stretching, I used to stretch every single morning for about 20 minutes, this was an awesome practice and I was getting steadily more flexible. Then I stopped. I'm going to start again. If I don't stretch in the morning I will stretch after work, and I will always stretch properly after climbing, as opposed to never (I've been very bad about this.)

Third target is eating, same as last time, at least 3 times a week I'll make a point of making sure I get a properly prepared meal with some protein and green vegetables in it. Preferably every day of the week, but I know I need to take baby steps, one at a time.

Final target is also the same as last time since my performance was a joke. I am going to declutter all the crap out of my life that I don't need and get things neat and tidy. No more distractions.

This is going to be awesome.

Half-Giant Assassin Level 9

Current Challenge: Move

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"I don't want to do it, therefore I must!" - Me

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

For the decluttering, starting target will be 1 hour per week and I'll increase the amount as appropriate.

Past Challenges: First Challenge, Read the Prophecy, Follow the Prophecy, Get Serious Again, Upside Down, Running, Build a Bridge, Make it Fun,

"I have not failed 10,000 times; I have successfully found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

"If we win because we are a winner then when we lose it must make us a loser." - Josh Waitzkin

So looking forward to Camp Nerd Fitness, really hope I'll get to meet some fellow assassin there. Might have to be top secret though.

In accordance with the prophecy, I went climbing on Monday the 11th though honestly didn't get as good of a workout out of it as I should have so don't get full points for this.

Tuesday the 12th I cooked up something good for dinner that fit the requirements.

This morning, Wednesday the 13th, I did the prescribed stretching though I did miss the last two days.

This week is going decent so far. It's going to be awesome later.

Hey FreddyMcFred, I'm beginning my 1st quest as an assassin, and am also looking for an accountabilibuddy. Wanna share this 6 week journey?

Yes. Yes I do.

In accordance with the prophecy, I went climbing today, also in a couple short runs, played on some monkey bars, and did some extra pull ups. Today went pretty well.

Hello Freddy!! (Totally my favourite name choice for upcoming Bambino btw!) 

COngrats on your fight against lazy, I am up against the same opponent so *fistbump* 

I'm on my 3rd challenge now, and i'm still fighting, the key i have found is trying to come up with FUN ways of getting to it, climbing is totally one of them but out of my league im afraid :( I love bodyweight workouts which are fun for me but get a bit boring so a little mix up is needed really, so i bought a treadmill to see what that does.

Glad you did so well yesterday and congratulations, KEEP IT UP!

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Forgot to mention last night, I also had a good dinner that fulfilled the requirements.

Today, in accordance with the prophecy, I had myself a dinner that barely fulfilled the requirements and did do my morning stretching. No exercise to speak of today but tomorrow is another climbing day.

Congrats on the good dinner and don't sweat the barely fulfilling the requirements... sometimes you need to just blah, as long as you get right back on the wagon asap! You did your stretching and again that is better than nothing, when the choice was stretching or doing NOTHING at all then at least you did something!

Well Done!

Level 3 Human-Bear Hybrid Assasin Daily Battle Log

My Current Challenge

Nerds Assemble!

Past challenges 1,2

Thanks mummybear, I appreciate that. Today was a good day again.

In accordance with the prophecy I went climbing today and did lots of extra pull ups between climbs so I'm pretty happy with the workout, but I've been neglecting my legs. Tomorrow I'm gonna run 10k and then do some leg exercises after that.

Today's dinner was as lazy as can be but I'll have more time/energy to spare tomorrow and the next night.

I'm afraid I did not stretch today. I am disappoint.

Yesterday was alright, I did the appropriate stretching and worked out by running 10k and doing some pistol squats though I couldn't do many after the run. No progress on my other goals even though there's no reason why I shouldn't have made any. Still got a lot way to go.

10k runs used to be a walk in the park as my original fitness goal this year had been running a full marathon which I finished in July. By that time, 10k felt like a warmup but I haven't been running much since so that one was actually a bit hard. I did it specifically because my friend was running a big 10k race that day and I wanted to join her but had to work so I ran one by myself after work.

Last night was alright, I ate a dinner that was good but technically didn't fulfill the requirements and did my decluttering. Starting this week I'm changing the diet goal from needing at least one green veggie to having at least two of any fruit or vegetable as long as it's a decent amount. No exercise and no stretching yesterday, and no excuse not to. That was a fail.

To recap week one, I barely fulfilled goal 1's workouts, goal 2's stretching only got a 3/7 but now I'm in the zone so things will get better. Goal 3's diet adjustments were adequately fulfilled and goal 4's decluttering was completed successfully. Overall a good week. Just good though. This week will be awesome.

Yesterday went pretty well. In accordance with the prophecy I did all the required stretching, I ate a good dinner that fulfilled the requirements, and I went rock climbing. During the rock climbing, I managed to complete my first ever 5.11! Win! It wasn't very clean and I used the belayer to cheat a little and reposition myself but I'm still really happy with this. Next time I'll do it even better.

Believe me, I couldn't always run 10k just 'cause I felt like it. I started training in January and my first run this year I made it 1.3km, so a little less than a mile, but I kept running 2-4 times a week for a little over 6 months and hit my target. Took me about 2 before I could handle the 10k.

Yesterday, I kinda sucked. Zero progress. I've got some plans for today though and it's a day off so lots of time to work on them.

Didn't update for a while, oops. Wednesday I stretched like a good boy, I climbed rocks and kicked their butts completing a 5.11- and a 5.11, neither with any cheating though a couple breaks. I spent 30 minutes decluttering so only 30 left this week and I had a dinner that satisfied the criteria.

Thursday I was lazy as hell and had a decent dinner. That's it. I am disappoint.

Friday was decent, I stretched and I ate a good dinner.

Today I have so far gone climbing fulfilling the workout quota for the month and stretched as well so when I stretch tomorrow I'll have only missed 2 for the week. Still not at an acceptable level but better than last week. For dinner tonight I'm going to make myself the laziest possible meal that fulfills all the criteria, and I'm off to do that right now.

So I made a Nutella and Kale sandwich, and had raw broccoli and cauliflower on the side. I'm not actually counting this even though it technically meets the requirements. Maybe if the protein source was something just a little better.

In accordance with the prophecy, today was pretty good. Worked out legs today with pistol squats, lunges and squat tuck jumps, and worked out abs with hollow body hold. Stretched as I needed to. Dinner was pretty good today and fulfilled the criteria. I also finished my week's decluttering with another half hour.

The week overall was good, I met or exceeded 3 goals though my stretching was only 5/7. Highlight of the week was finishing a 5.11- and a 5.11 climb.

Thanks Nuala.

Monday was decent, I did the appropriate stretching, my dinner fulfilled the criteria and I decluttered for 15 minutes.

Tuesday was also decent, I worked out with climbing and pull ups though I really could have and should have done more so I'll count that as half a workout. Dinner was not up to standards but I did stretch so I'm 2/2 this week.

Wednesday was decent, I stretched and I made myself something good for dinner.

Yesterday was good, I stretched, decluttered for 5 minutes, ate a good dinner and worked out.

For the workout I climbed rocks for a couple hours, did a bunch of extra pullups at the end and finished it off with sets of 9, 8 and 9 clapping pushups.

On Thursday, in accordance with the prophecy, I stretched myself, climbed the rocks as well as did uncounted pull ups and 3 sets of clapping push ups numbering 9, 8 and 9. I also spent five minutes decluttering and my dinner met the criteria.

Friday kinda sucked though, my dinner was good. That's it.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines