Jitters is an amazing idea man and has decided to plant the idea of a Nerd Fitness Minnesota 5k next spring/summer.

Me, being the over organized bitty that I am, decided to get an organization and idea thread going!

So here it is. The basic idea is run a 5k, grill and hang out after… and of course, post-race beer.

Suggestions? Dates? Places?

This totally unofficial 5k will be totally officially fun.

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Over organized bitty is my new favorite phrase.  Just saying.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I know for a fact that Battle Creek has all the facilities we would need.  The Xcel energy Center would have their Summer Picnics for staff there.  I will research a little more as to what it will take to secure the pavilion and such.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Yes she should.  

New idea: NF Juggling meet up

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I also would not be able to juggle. But you might get some good shots of me smacking myself in the head.

I'm game for wherever you guys think is best (not a runner, so not used to many trails) but only in Late Spring/Summer/Early Fall. I do not DO cold.

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I would teach you all how to juggle.  It would be fun.  The trails I was thinking are all paved, which is nice.  There are off-road options.  I would go for springish time.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

They have snakes and other unpleasant things there.  My sister in law lives down there (transplant from MN) and she hates it.  Her husband won't move them back.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Tell me about it! My husband won't move me to Florida. T_T

You have to shake your shoes out. Because of giant biting bugs. And there are fire ants. And snakes. And aligators.

And alligators!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Sterlings_real_father.PNG

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Much love for that

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Juggling 3 tennis balls is still juggling.  And they have the added bonus of being able to be bounce juggled.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

So we talking just get together and run a trail 5k?  Or actually do a race somewhere?

Yes... we're getting a few people who want to run the Get Lucky 7k in march, but we want to do a trail run get together too.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

JUGGLE AND RUN A 5K! Jitters, get on that.

Haven't there been a few people who have done marathons and juggled at the same time?

GEAR QUESTION.

For the Get Lucky, I know the weather is going to suck. What kind of clothing should I be wearing?

Pixie Ranger Drunk on Tea~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Well... it was supposed to be 46 last year. It ended up being 23 with a windchill of 12. I was in a tank, compression jacket and sweater with compression tights and running pants.

My friend always says to dress for weather 15-20 degrees warmer, since you'll be warm when you're running.