Winter is coming, and I want to look good for the holidays!

Hi, I'm a newbie :-) 

I am a mother of 2 crazy boys (aka dragons) and I live in a stepford wife area... So its been really easy to feel judged by the other stay at home moms for not bouncing back into shape post pregnancy. 

I used to let the fear of judgement keep me from getting out to exercise ( eeeek the models at the gym are looking at me!!!) BUT NO MORE! I have decided to grow a pair and change my life :-) So here goes...

I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom who gained an extraordinary amount during her 2 pregnancies due to a partial bed rest ( and lots and lots of chocolate...). My little dragons are 5 and 2, so I really need to be in shape to keep up with them! 

I'm 5'5", I weight 182 lbs and my stupid scale says I have 47% body fat :-( I personally think the scale is jealous of my wit and beauty and getting revenge by feeding me lies... but I may be giving inanimate objects too much credit. 

So here is my quest... so be 18-20% body fat and get back to wearing the clothes that attracted my husband to me in the first place. I was 135 lbs way back when, so I'll put that arbitrary number down, but I'm not married to it. The main thing is I want to be healthy and fit... oh yeah, and hot too...

In order to achieve that I am going to do the Ketogenic diet, and start out walking 3-4 times a week. I am also going to start a home body weight program (can anyone suggest one?) 2 times a week.

I would also love to be able to go to a Comic-con as Khaleesi, since I am a Game of Thrones fanatic...  

I am going to do the 6 week challenge too, so heres to starting out strong! Cheers!

I'm 5'5", I weight 182 lbs and my stupid scale says I have 47% body fat :-( I personally think the scale is jealous of my wit and beauty and getting revenge by feeding me lies... but I may be giving inanimate objects too much credit. 

Ha, this made me laugh out loud :)

Welcome and hello! We're glad to help in any way we can. Believe me, there is a plethora of information hidden in the depths of this site, and any questions you have will be answered promptly.

Starting with walking is a great start, and if you're feelin' froggy give this a whirligig. Maybe help you build some confidence at home before kickn' it dragon tamer style the gym.

Fire and blood! And good luck :)

• Like 1

Ha, this made me laugh out loud :)

Welcome and hello! We're glad to help in any way we can. Believe me, there is a plethora of information hidden in the depths of this site, and any questions you have will be answered promptly.

Starting with walking is a great start, and if you're feelin' froggy give this a whirligig. Maybe help you build some confidence at home before kickn' it dragon tamer style the gym.

Fire and blood! And good luck :)

Thank you soooooo much! That beginner workout is just what I'm looking for :-) 

Welcome from the wild north. The brain is composed of lots of fat I hear, your scale must be counting that. I am a scale hit man. For three cupcakes I will kill it and no one will ever find the body. I think you have realistic goals. I'm sorry you have to deal with the snobbery, but to borrow a line from our English friends, tell them to "Bugger Off!" and do what you want anyway. I hate gym anxiety too. Welcome to the rebellion, you will find great resources and encouragement here

You are only a conspiracy theorist until you are right. Then you are a visionary.

Welcome!

I really like the workouts here on Nerd Fitness. I just started level/rank one from the Rebel Fitness Guide and so far so good ( I was planning on doing the beginner body weight posted above but broke down and bought the guides! ). There is also 'You Are Your Own Gym' which has a couple nice books and a really cool app.   

I think walking is a great idea too! Good luck reaching your goals!