Sammiejune29 - Back to the Future

sammiejune29

I totally remember us talking about Back to the future. One of the greatest films ever! :D :D

So glad you're having such a wonderful time with yoga and that workshop sounds brilliant!!!

Totally understand not liking to cook just for 1. I actually have trouble cooking for 2 to be honest so Mr De_maas was the one cooking all the time. But we're staying at some of our friends' here, they have a big house and have told us we really should stay with them instead of looking for something for ourselves. Anyway, I've found myself enjoying cooking pretty much every night because there are 4 of us + I get them to eat paleo which is awesome! :P

Level 6 Amazon Assassin Ranger

challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

the rebuilding of the Amazon: #6

Week 2 Summary

Great scott!! This is heavy. I can't believe its the end of week 2 already!

Goal 1 - 1.21 Gigawatts

Monday: Yin & Restorative Yoga: 0.02 Gigawatts

Monday: Full circuit strength workout: 0.08 Gigawatts

Wednesday: Beginner Yoga Class: 0.04 Gigawatts

Sunday: Thai Massage Workshop: 0.01 Gigawatts

Total: 0.07 + 0.15 = 0.22 / 1.21 Gigawatts

Goal 2 - 88 MPH

Part A: Cooking

- Eggs, ham & green pepper 2x's +2 MPH

- Beef Stew +3 MPH

Part B: Cleaning

- Other cleaning for 1.5 hour +3 MPH

Part C: Working Out

- Nothing here

Total: 11 + 8 = 19/88 Gigawatts

Goal 3 - "Enchantment Under the Sea Dance"

- Added a 6th thread per my caveat

- Now I only have to reply to 5/6 threads per week (can't miss the same thread 2 weeks in a row, unless the original poster stops posting)

- Posted some updates on my thread and responded

Total: +7 points

Side Goal - Power Lacing Shoes

- Nothing yet

And a fun outtake video for your amusement :D

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Great job on your challenge. The gigawatts are adding up!

I can see where only cooking for one is not very motivational. I sometimes find that with hubby and I, now that my son has moved out. We end up having leftovers a lot more. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanksgiving was great with the family (minus the 5 hour drive in inclement weather, I was so tense when I got home. I still haven't completely gotten rid of the kink in my neck :()

The bad news is I have 4 group projects due this week. I have an acct take home exam due tomorrow at noon that I've barely started on and I'm already falling asleep. I just didn't get a lot done when I was home :( I tried. I'm stressed.

And I haven't written on anyone's thread this week. At least I updated my own.

Sigh...

Took a quick 10 min after I updated my threads to post on 3 of the people I'm following. I actually caught up with the threads. Not a lot has happened with the holiday. It made me feel a bit better. Every time I move a post-it note from the to-do wall to the done wall it also makes me feel better. Lol

UPDATE!! (I think I've had a little too much caffeine, can you tell?) - now to finish the update I started hours ago. Lol

My meeting ended a little ahead of schedule and I need a break so that means I'm here. YAY!! I love being here, especially when I'm stressed.

I turned in one 20 page paper today and gave a presentation on it. Finished it 10 min before it had to be turned in. (Thats pretty much only because I'm a perfectionist, lol) I got about 4 hours of fitful sleep full of NetSuite dreams (topic of said paper). Sunday night I got 4 fitful hours full of accounting dreams for the take home exam due on Monday (which I got the high score on :D)

Before the end of the week I have two more papers to write, another presentation, a tax schedule, full financial statements with notes and disclosures, a programming project that is rumored to take 10 hours & 6 online quizzes. I think thats everything. Lol

Today I had a brief respite after class. We had a work christmas party which was basically us going to the bar/restaurant that my ex-business partner works at and eating delicious pizza. They use the spent grain from brewing their craft beers to make the pizza crust. And all the toppings are local. YUM! It was a much needed break.

Also Daniel is almost home!! He's still like an hour away but I'm excited to see him again (for those of your who haven't been keeping up, Daniel is my roommate/best friend and has been in Australia/New Zealand for the last 2.5 weeks) But I probably won't see him till tomorrow. I'm still excited. I'm also excited to maybe get a little more sleep tonight. Hopefully no dreams of taxes and dining halls (the projects due tomorrow, lol)

I also made sure to go to yoga yesterday. I desperately needed it for my mental health (even if I could have used the time to maybe get more sleep). If I can't get my strength workouts in I'm at least making sure I go to yoga. It was yin & restorative and I actually dozed off at the end of class when we were doing Shavasana. Then I got my second wind so it turned out okay :D

For me, it was always about family. Growing up, having all 6 of us home and at the table for dinner was a big deal, and my parents always made a point of making something 'fancy' for such occasions. So I grew up associating cooking real food with being together with family, and while actually eating only took a short amount of time (we're all fairly fast eaters...), the lingering around the table could go on for hours. Food is very much an experience for me, and I find that thinking of it just as fuel to be a bit depressing (I have yet to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing or a neutral thing).

When I lived on my own, I just didn't seem worth the effort of making proper food when there was no one to share it with. I would do it every now and then and make a big pot of soup, since soup was relatively easy and stored well in the fridge for the rest of the week, but even then it felt not right to have no one to share the soup with.

And thanks for the recipe. It seem fairly straightforward, I like recipes that involved chopping a bunch of stuff, then throwing it into a pot, then waiting a while, then enjoying

6 of you is so many!! Growing up it was always me, my mom and my grandparents (at least for formal sit down meals) My grandma is a great cook and so now I like helping her cook when I go home since she's getting a bit older. So I helped her cooked pumpkin pies (read: I cooked pumpkin pies using her recipe, lol) And also cooked the turkey and stuffing for thanksgiving. And made my garlic roasted brussels sprouts for my family on Wednesday. I was happy with all the cooking I did when I was home. 

Yay for a good Thanksgiving, but boo to post-Thanksgiving work pile-ups and stress. Don't worry about threads, they'll be here when your life gets a bit less crazy. Just focus on what you need to do to get your projects done. And good luck!

Oh I'm focusing all right. Lol. Focusing so much that I'm having accounting filled dreams nightmares :tongue:

I totally remember us talking about Back to the future. One of the greatest films ever!

So glad you're having such a wonderful time with yoga and that workshop sounds brilliant!!!

Totally understand not liking to cook just for 1. I actually have trouble cooking for 2 to be honest so Mr De_maas was the one cooking all the time. But we're staying at some of our friends' here, they have a big house and have told us we really should stay with them instead of looking for something for ourselves. Anyway, I've found myself enjoying cooking pretty much every night because there are 4 of us + I get them to eat paleo which is awesome! :tongue:

The workshop was brilliant :D I need another one of them. Lol. If we ever end up in the same time zone I can show you some thai massage techniques. I think Mr. De_maas might be appreciative. Lol

Cooking for 2 is definitely only marginally better than cooking for 1. Especially if its someone you know really well (ie: your wonderful husband or Daniel) Somehow I'm always more willing to cook for people I don't see as often (ie: people other than Daniel and my family) And that's great that you are not only cooking but getting them to eat paleo. I don't think I could ever get my grandparents to eat paleo. They think a meal isn't a meal if it doesn't include bread. The only reason they don't pressure me into eating the bread now is because it hasn't tasted good since my bike accident last year.

Hahahahahha! This video is absolutely fantastic!!!

You're doing really well with the challenge, keep it up Sam :)

I'm so glad you liked the video :D

Great job on your challenge. The gigawatts are adding up!
I can see where only cooking for one is not very motivational. I sometimes find that with hubby and I, now that my son has moved out. We end up having leftovers a lot more.

How dare your son move out and leave you to eat leftovers :tongue: I think my grandparents feel the same way when I'm not home. Its just not worth cooking anything very elaborate. So then of course when I do visit they go all out and my grandma cooks oodles of desserts. I keep trying to tell her that she doesn't have to have a new dessert everyday. Not sure if she believes me. Lol

Look at you conquering all that post thanksgiving stress like a boss :)

Doing great!

and Yay for roommate being home :D

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Great update!  Sounds like you're totally kicking butt on your classes!  Hopefully, the classes will end soon, and you'll get a little bit of a break.

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Week 3 Summary

Goal 1 - 1.21 Gigawatts

Monday: Yin & Restorative Yoga: 0.02 Gigawatts

Thursday: 30 min of at home yoga: 0.03 Gigawatts

Thursday: 3 sets of pushups: 0.01 Gigawatts

Total: 0.22 + 0.06 = 0.28 / 1.21 Gigawatts

Gigawatts aren't going too well. I'm worried I won't have enough power to get back to the future. Lol

Goal 2 - 88 MPH

- Eggs, ham & green pepper 6x's +6 MPH

- Pumpkin Pies +2 MPH

- Brussels Sprouts & garlic rolls +2 MPH (didn't cook the whole meal)

- Thanksgiving Dinner (turkey & stuffing) +4 MPH (this meal is worth an extra point, lol)

- Other cleaning for 30 min +1 MPH

- Loaded dishwasher +0.5 MPH

- 4 loads of laundry +4 MPH

- Nothing here

Total: 19 + 19.5 = 38.5/88 MPH

I caught up with MPH some. Yay!!

- Updated my thread

- Commented on 3 other threads

- It was a crazy busy week with all the group projects and Thanksgiving

Total: +4 points

- Nothing yet

I made it to the end of the week!!! And I got everything done :D Its a miracle!

I even went to yoga on Monday and Wednesday (and I only missed it on Friday because of the inclement weather, stupid weather)

Had dinner with Daniel and his boy tonight. I missed them while they were gone to Australia. Daniel bought me gorgeous earrings from New Zealand and a cute little Koala from Australia. Pictures are coming!

But for now I need sleep. I will catch up on everyone else's threads tomorrow since I will actually have time!

Today definitely did not go as planned. Had brunch with a friend which was great and then had a bunch of ups and downs after that.

Then went grocery shopping. There was supposed to be a potluck dinner and movie night at the yoga studio tonight. So I decided to make sweet potato fries to bring (the dish had to be vegetarian) and I've been wanting to make these anyway. So I came home from the store, cut them up and prepared them and then put them on the baking sheet ready to be cooked.

Then I had a final from 4-6 on a freaking SUNDAY!! My professor isn't allowed to do that by university policy but he did it anyway. And the final was ridiculous. 

Then I find out that the movie night was cancelled because of the potential for inclement weather. :( So I had two pans of sweet potatoes and nothing to do with them. So I was gonna go ahead and bake one of them and the up button on my stove stopped working so I couldn't get it to the right temp. So Daniel being the wonderful friend that he is invited me over to have dinner with him and his BF and I took my sweet potatoes over there and baked them. They were good but something wasn't quite right about them.

I'm just exhausted. I haven't really had a day off cause I had a paper due yesterday and a final today. I really need a day off and unfortunately it doesn't look like its going to happen this week :-/

And still haven't gotten in a good workout. I at least did push ups and hanging onto the pull up bar things last night. Its just been a long day. A long week. A long semester. I hate semesters. Lol. Quarters were awesome!

So woke up with a gigantic headache on Monday. Realized it might have something to do with the fact that my neck has been bothering me for the last couple weeks. So I went to the chiropractor. I  :love_heart:  :love_heart:  :love_heart: my chiropractor. That was definitely the issue. But of course since it was soooo bad not all of it stayed in place and I had to go back today. *fingers crossed* that it will stay this time.

Also got a new oven today. The up button broke and I couldn't turn the temp up past the 350 degree F default. Worked well when I baked sweet potato fries this morning.

Last trivia of the semester tonight!! I'm excited and also hoping to get in a workout beforehand.

Look at you conquering all that post thanksgiving stress like a boss :)

Doing great!

and Yay for roommate being home :D

Sammie the conquerer of all the things!! And he brought me back earrings and a koala. Pics to come :D

Despite the super buys schedule you are doing great! Congrats on the high score!

Also that pizza/brew pub sounds awesome. I love a good craft beer and good pizza.

Thanks!! They have some really good beers (from what I've heard, I don't drink beer) They are starting to distribute all over the state of Ohio now. Hopefully in a few years they will expand beyond that :D

Great update!  Sounds like you're totally kicking butt on your classes!  Hopefully, the classes will end soon, and you'll get a little bit of a break.

Three more finals and then I have a break till Jan 12ish. Yay! I hope to get back into the habit of working out while I have some will power to spare. Lol

Week 4 Summary

WEEK FROM HELL! But I got through it :D

Goal 1 - 1.21 Gigawatts

Monday: Yin & Restorative Yoga = 0.02 Gigawatts

Wednesday: Beginner Yoga = 0.04 Gigawatts

Saturday: 3 sets of pushups = 0.01 Gigawatts

Saturday: 3 sets of pull up bar hangs (pull-up, chin up and neutral grip) = 0.01 Gigawatts

Total: 0.28 + 0.08 = 0.36 / 1.21 Gigawatts

Gigawatts didn't get much better this week. Oops!

Goal 2 - 88 MPH

- Eggs, ham & green pepper 1x's +1 MPH

- Sweet potatoes (very easy) 2x's +2 MPH

- Sweet potato fries +2 MPH

- Other cleaning for 1.5 hr +3 MPH

- Unloaded dishwasher +0.5 MPH

- Nothing here

Total: 38.5 + 8.5 = 47/88 MPH

Not as good of a week for MPH. The lack of consistency in working out is hurting me here

- Updated my thread

- Commented on 4 other threads

Total: +5 points

- Nothing yet (still nothing!! :()

Happy Sam is HAPPY!!

I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night was an event at Daniel's church. Our goat having friends also go to the church (its a universalist unitarian church) and they were organizing the event. It was a fundraiser for them and had a silent auction. They also had a band and lots of wonderful food. So my job was to keep everything running smoothly so that they people who organized it could actually enjoy the event with their friends. And I did a fantastic job!! It was so much fun. I love organizing things like this. Plus I walked up and down the stairs at least 30 times so it was a good workout. Lol

I'm not stressed about school anymore and that feels wonderful :D

And I got in two strength workouts last week on Tuesday and Sunday :D I'm sore almost everywhere today but its not as bad as it was last Wednesday, so progress! Lol

In the home stretch! Here's to a good last week everyone :)

Great update!  I'm always amazed that you're able to juggle school, work, fitness, and so many other things at the same time.   Yay for no more school stress, a wonderful event, and a bunch of great exercise sessions!  I'm sure you'll end the challenge with a totally awesome final week! 

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Weeks 5 & 6 Summary

Goal 1 - 1.21 Gigawatts

Monday: Yin & Restorative Yoga = 0.02 Gigawatts

Tuesday: Full Strength Workout = 0.08 Gigawatts

Sunday: Full Strength Workout = 0.08 Gigawatts

Thursday: Full Strength Workout = 0.08 Gigawatts

Friday: Yoga at home (40 min) = 0.04 Gigawatts

Saturday: Full Strength Workout = 0.08 Gigawatts

Total: 0.36 + 0.38 = 0.74 / 1.21 Gigawatts

Goal 2 - 88 MPH

- beef stew +3 MPH

- baked coconut oatmeal craisin cookies 2x's +4 MPH

- Green pepper, eggs & ham 4x's +4 MPH

- Spaghetti squash +3 MPH

- Other cleaning for 3.25 hr +6.5 MPH

- Ran dishwasher +1 MPH

- 3 days in a row!! +0.5 MPH

Total: 47 + 22 = 69/88 MPH

Week 5 = Commented on 5 threads + my own

Week 6 = Only updated my own

Total: +7 points

6+7+4+5+7 = 29 total

- Nope :(

Challenge 6 Wrap-up

Overall: B-/C+

Not my best challenge. Not my worst either. Had finals in the middle of it all. Went home for thanksgiving and went home the week before christmas. Always shakes things up a little.

Goal 1 - 1.21 Gigawatts

- Strength workouts, yoga, jumping, got me varying amounts of Gigawatts

Possible Points: 3 STR, 1 DEX, 1 STA

Total: 0.74 / 1.21 Gigawatts = 61%

Grade: C+

Awarded: 2 STR, 0.5 DEX, 0.5 STA

Goal 2 - 88 MPH

- Cooking, cleaning and earning Gigawatts 3+ days in a row got me MPH

Possible Points: 2 CON, 3 WIS

Total: 69/88 MPH = 78%

Grade: B

Awarded: 2 CON, 1.5 WIS

- Follow and comment on 5 people on the message boards

- Update my own thread

Possible Points: 4 CHA

Grading: 30+ points earns me "Johnny B. Goode" (A)

25-29 points earns me "Earth Angel" (B)

20-24 points earns me "Night Train" ©

15-19 points earns me a generic song by Marvin Berry and the Starlighters (D)

0-14 points = I got stood up for the dance :( (F)

Total: 29 points

Grade: B+ "Earth Angel"

Awarded: 3.5 CHA

- Buy minimalist footwear

Possible Points: 1 WIS

Grading: A or F

Grade: F

Awarded: 0 WIS

New Stats:

STR: 20.5 + 2 = 22.5 STR

DEX: 13.25 + 0.5 = 13.75 DEX