The XL Files (Beaucastle)

took my new arm band to hold my phone out for my scheduled run today.  Even though I was unable to fully complete the set workout, I was however able to complete it without stopping.  WIN.  I gave up doing the modified and just pressed on to the full work out and did the best I could.  My legs are screaming and my inner demon voice is grumbling quietly.  I'm sweaty and I'm frustrated that I can't figure out how to get the stats out of my work out app.... but none of that actually matters.

What does matter is that

A  consistent work out accomplished.  I worked out the scheduled routine on the scheduled day even though it would have been MUCH easier not to.

B no more mamby pamby workouts   time to put on my big girl panties and step up.

I still need to take the dogs for a walk but that's tomorrow.

Good job you and way to get consistent.

• Like 1

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

Hot Yoga  FTW!

Consistent to program as planned.

Its 28 degrees out... this is not the weather to take the dogs out in.  Sadly that will have to wait until Saturday   I'll play indoors with them instead.

Tomorrow is the crack of dawn run  (I MUST accomplish this)

and my first venture into the land of free weights...

Also planned is my 7 hours of required sleep so I have the energy for this...

off to pack lunch and gym bag... then shower and bed.

ok...so this is not going to be as easy as planned.

I am going to call this a WIN because for the first time in my entire life I actually out convinced my inner demon voice to shut up and told myself to get out of bed at a pre-dawn hour and go for a run. (on the COLDEST day so far this winter)

I'm going to accept that as a first attempt the stitch in my side and the cramp in my right calf muscle are physical hurdles.  I completed 19:27 minutes of a 30 minute C25K work out.  That's more than half so I'm going to call it a win

Man I'm tired.  Sore and honestly having huge mixed emotions.

Lets hope tonight's scheduled invasion of the gym goes better.   :uncomfortableness:

• Like 1

ok...so this is not going to be as easy as planned.

I am going to call this a WIN because for the first time in my entire life I actually out convinced my inner demon voice to shut up and told myself to get out of bed at a pre-dawn hour and go for a run. (on the COLDEST day so far this winter)

I'm going to accept that as a first attempt the stitch in my side and the cramp in my right calf muscle are physical hurdles.  I completed 19:27 minutes of a 30 minute C25K work out.  That's more than half so I'm going to call it a win

Man I'm tired.  Sore and honestly having huge mixed emotions.

Lets hope tonight's scheduled invasion of the gym goes better.   :uncomfortableness:

Go Beau! Keep it up!

Have you checked out Steve's article on "Walking to Mordor" yet? I'm sure you'd like the challenge, seeing as how you're more acclimated to the cardio and running(not my scene :nightmare:) and I'm doing it too so we can walk together in spirit!

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

I have in the last month become a runner.  How weird is that!   I'm kinda diggin it though.

I always envied those pre dawn kinda people who got up and went running and were so super cool and fit.

Now I'm one of them!

I joined a running group locally to get more tips on running and to progress better.  I just found them today so I haven't been running with them yet. I'm excited to do so they meet several times a week  I'll join in a couple gatherings and see how I feel after.

Pulled a slight twinge in my right calf Friday am run.  Been taking it easy and not going for the bonus workouts as planned.

I have also lost between 1 inch and 1.5 inches off all measurements below the girls... that measurement varies greatly depending on the support structure installed that morning... so I don't bother with it.

finally after 2 months of effort I can locate and measure some results.  I'm so chuffed right now its unreal.  *happy butt dance*

Learning what I do and don't like along with what I physically can and can not yet do, is at this stage more important than just mindlessly following a program to simply follow the program.

Build the habit first then fill up the time.

I love your new approach! It feels so right to me.

• Like 1

Maenad, Adventurer

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.† -George Eliot

Ready for my first challenge!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42050-wndrgrl-has-something-to-prove-to-herself/

My daily battle log:                     http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/42589-wndrgrl-goes-to-war/

Not fitness related at all but its todays battle.

MS project is driving me crazy.  How on earth do people actually USE this and manage to stay sane?

I have ONE simple assignment that I have NO idea how to complete.  No time to really use and understand the software and I'm behind in this very difficult class because of it!   The stress this course is causing me is over the stress limit allowed for such things.

sorry  I needed to vent....

*bangs head on desk.... again*

Keeping track of the challenges in somewhere other than my signature block.

1st Challenge Log    Level 1 Rebels It's All About the Shoes (Not entirely successful but completed)

2nd Challenge Log   Adventurers      Mind Body and Soul (Not entirely successful but completed) a belt of dietary willpower

3rd Challenge Log  Adventurers Lighten the Load  (Successful)
4th Challenge Log Druids Twisting in the Wind  (I was there.)
5th Challenge Log  Rangers   Dragon Takes Flight  (Successful)  and I have a can of aqua net and leg warmers from SCT2 music trivia

It’s September again.  I look at the “Me†I was then and I cringe.  I was at war with myself, unhappy, confrontational, my diet was a joke, my life was a mess … you get the picture.  I was using food and shoe shopping to prop my self esteem up.  (Yea that worked soooo well)  My debt was increasing, my ass was taking over the planet, ok maybe not the planet, but I had expanded into size 20 pants, and the dialog within my own head was downright TOXIC.

I began to lose hope.  I floundered.  I cried. I made midnight ice cream runs to Wal-Mart and bought things I didn’t need.  I opened an Amazon.com credit account.  I disguised my retail therapy by going to Lowes and buying project materials….ALOT of project materials.  I gained MORE weight. 

Then one glorious day I found NF.  In the two months that followed I decided to try Paleo.  No support.  No guidance.  No real knowledge of what I was doing.  I gained 20 lbs. Paleo done right is one thing.  Paleo done my way is a disaster.   I saw a doctor, got some medical advice, got several books on Paleo, read online articles and blogs, put my charge cards in a box, and made some fitness goals.  Things got better.  My ass got smaller and the rest of me toned up a bit too.

So here I am a year later.

Halfway through a Master’s Degree Program

Size 14    190-193 lbs  (stalled here)

Yellow sash in Yang Tai Chi

Yellow belt in Self-Defense

Yellow belt in Shotokan Karate

• Like 2

I dropped out of sight for a while.  Life has this way of taking over, and sucking all the fun out of it.  I'm ok, gained 10lbs, but I'm still a size 14-16.  The knee is in amazing shape.  I was doing vertical jumps up onto 3 matts stacked one atop the other. without pain... amazing huh.  I train at a 45 minute 5k (when I have time and good weather-cold and dreary running isn't my thing)

I spent the bulk of December in bed or on the couch - sick.  caught this nasty bug that sapped all my strength and ambition.  the coughing until I puked thing was unattractive and downright painful.  two courses of antibiotics, untold amounts of throat lozenges, and every home remedy anyone gave me that sounded reasonable and not likely to do me any harm were tried.   Comfort food and my son now works at Panera and brings me home goodies... returned to me 10 of the hard fought pounds lost.  Discouraging but not tragic.  Primary care doc made me stop taking the weight loss supplements I was happy with.  He and I disagreed that they were doing me harm, but since I pay him to keep me healthy and he had numbers from blood work as his foundation,  I followed his directives.  He went to medical school and has been doing this his whole adult life.  I'll accept his opinion on the subject as more knowledgeable than mine. 

I spend every spare hour I have in the dojo.  If I didn't have to be a responsible adult and work, I'd spend every day at the dojo.  I'm really into the whole thing. I wish I had found this sooner in my life.  I won two great big trophies at a tournament in Oct.  that was awesome.  I have another tournament at the end of Jan. 

I really need a down loader for videos... anyone have a quality (clean and spyware/malware/icky stuff not included) one they know???

So I got a couple minutes again during my day.  My posts will be limited because I have to fit all the tasks that need doing into each day.  Computer time is limited. 

Class resumes Friday.  I have 6 more to finish my Masters.  I am working on certs.  Still not ready to take the tests. 

Oh met a guy... nice fellow.  dated for a couple weeks.  He got promoted and moved.  why is it so hard to meet good men in my area? 

I'm still struggling with the alone part of life.  It's better, I'm actually getting used to it.   I still would like to have someone in my life, ya know.

I'm here lurking... will get something together for the challenge thread later.    Not sure what or when but something. 

• Like 2

Found you!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Makes sense. I'll just follow along here and cheer you on!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir