druids 3rd challenge! bring it on~~!

jenlady

I'm a student invested in school and i'm also a bartender AND belly-dancer! I want to lose a bodyfat and toned my stomach, back and legs.

Yoga & Meditation daily - 25 minutes every other day at least, as well as studying meditation before bed
1 point every time for 38 days= 16-17 A+, 12-15 B, 10-12 C, <10 F​​​

Squats- I want to do this DAILY- even though I don't go to the gym every day.

1 point every time a set is accomplished= 38, A+, 30-38 B, 25-30 C, 20-25 D, 20< F

Running- I might change this one up, as I find running on the treadmill hard on my ankles. The only other cardio activity besides boxing once a week is Zumba and it never really works me out enough- advice would be appreciated on how to get my heart pumping!

1 point every mile = 5 miles a week= 27 miles total. 26-27 A+, 23-25 B, 19-23 C, 16-19 D, <16 F

Confidence- every day I want to look in the mirror and tell myself one thing I like about myself today, physical or not, and write it down

2 points for 28 days total= 70-76 A, 65-70 B, 55-65 C, 50-55 D, <50 F

Sugar Intake- I EAT TOOOOO Much sugar. I'm going to try and record my eating habit and get my sugar to 25 grams a day.

1 point every day for 25 grams or lower. This scale will be more lenient as sometimes I literally dont have time to record everything I eat.

20-38 A, 15-20 B, 13-15 C, 10-13 D, <10 F

Okay, I might add more later...this is going to be a hard challenge because I'll try and make excuses like ~ I dont have time ~ I need support and I love to give support. Pictures will be added later- peace!

Good to see you again jenlady, welcome to another challenge!

It seems you do have a lot going on and will probably benefit from yoga and meditation to increase inner harmony and peace.

Try to, when you feel like making an excuse, just say to yourself "Do it now". It works for me, at least sometimes  :panda:

I have chosen to believe in myself.

I don't know any good videos, but have usually found that natural settings help me out.  My current favorite meditation place is down by a natural retention pond in front of my company.  I relax by watching the ripples in the water and sometimes the fish.  There is another small pond at work that has fish that are easy to spot.  They are also a good meditation focus.  Try to pick something you enjoy, but does not require much interaction.  This could be anything from a random geometric screensaver to clouds forming to anything in between.  Sound is optional and distracts me, although some people need something to block other stimuli.

Good luck!

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Hey Jen, I love your confidence goal!!  How is it going so far? What are you in school for? I have a book on meditation that was helpful to me & I did a small project on it for speech class when I was in college, some of my favorite tips were making sure you take care of all your needs first ie snack if you're hungry, potty, brush your teeth so you don't end up focusing on those things.  I like to focus on my breath so I have at least something even if it's minimal.  Also the book recommended when you have other thoughts (inevitable) just acknowledge it and let it go instead of finishing it through or getting upset that you can't prevent it. It'll start out constant and gradually there will be "nothing" spaces in between.  There are a lot of websites with tips too.  

I have a cold right now too and it's also hurting my goals.  My trainer wants me to go low sodium and there's literally over 1000mg in chicken noodle soup. :(  Just remember it's temporary.  Hope you feel better soon!

Aerie - Level 4

Current Challenge

Thank you! The part this challenge that is the hardest for me is consuming less than 25 grams or lower. For instance I have a cold so I'm drinking some orange juice and it has 34 grams of sugar in it. WTF.

Try green tea with lemon, no sugar and still has vitamin C in it. Works great for me when I have a cold. 

Zahana

Level 2 Half-Dwarf Adventurer

STR 3 DEX 2 STA 2 CON 2 WIS 2 CHA 1

Andventure Challenge 1

Level 1 Rebel Quest

I really need some help with meditation! I can't seem to focus on "nothing" if you know what I mean. Does anyone know any good meditation videos of some sort

A book on meditation that really changed my ideas about meditation and life is by Osho called The Book of Secrets:112 Meditations to Discover the Mystery Within. It includes all kinds of ways to meditate and some pretty radical views of life and living. Some techniques include meditating using a candle to focus on, on meditate in movement, or total darkness. 

I'm really upset with myself today. I don't even want to log what I ate because I had a peppermint chocolate mocha, two cookies, AND an ice cream -_- Obviously way too much sugar. I feel like a fat slob. I got a bad cold over break and I haven't ran or done squats or anything in like 2 weeks. Sometimes I really can't stand myself and I still hate my body.

I'm really upset with myself today. I don't even want to log what I ate because I had a peppermint chocolate mocha, two cookies, AND an ice cream -_- Obviously way too much sugar. I feel like a fat slob. I got a bad cold over break and I haven't ran or done squats or anything in like 2 weeks. Sometimes I really can't stand myself and I still hate my body.

First forgive yourself. Everyone has had those days.

Second, think of all the wonderful things your body has done for you. All the places it has carried you, all the lifting, walking, bending, sitting... so many things, and it is your only body... it deserves your love.

If you think from a place of love and gratitude, eating right becomes an expression of the respect you have for your body. :tranquillity:

Second, think of all the wonderful things your body has done for you. All the places it has carried you, all the lifting, walking, bending, sitting... so many things, and it is your only body... it deserves your love.

If you think from a place of love and gratitude, eating right becomes an expression of the respect you have for your body. :tranquillity:

I need to repeat these statements to myself until they're burned into my memory. Then maybe I'd get constant A's on my eat more vegetables goal o_O

Also Jen, what Liberator said about having one of those off days is absolutely true. We can't beat ourselves up over it, though. The best thing to do is simply to acknowledge that it happened, and then to tell ourselves that we'll do better next time.

For example, last Friday I got drunk off my ass and regretted it the next day. This Friday (today) I am making it a point to drink more reasonably :)

• Like 1

hahah thanks everyone. I'm doing better. Instead of Paleo I've kinda switched to a more low-carb style diet which is helpful. I'm eating a lot of veggies and eggs and tofu. I'm doing well on my squats but not with running as I've been studying for my finals every day. Meditation is going okay too. I'm going one day at a time. Thanks to all the support again. I do appreciate my body, I still struggle with looking good and pretty enough constantly. 

• Like 1

I just finished up Finals myself! I hope you did good! How is the meditation going? How long and how often do you meditate? I used to teach meditation for a local hospital and the most difficult thing for people to do is build the habit. Pick the same time every day to sit for 5 minutes to start and set a timer. Make sure you go potty and other stuff first. Earlier is better because then you won't be thinking of things you need to do. The most important thing to remember with meditation is that your mind will never be all peaceful and clear, except on super rare occasions. It's work that doesn't really show results quickly, just like physical exercise. I feel bad about not discovering your thread earlier. I would have loved to have followed your meditation journey all 6 weeks. This is going to be my focus in grad school, "Meditation and its effects on the biology and structure of the brain". What is your major?

Huh, this is a pretty long post for me. I usually just post a few words. :)

We do not rise to the level of our expectations in a fight.

We fall to the level of our training.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines