I'M GOING TO LOSE IT!!

I've posted on here... I've said it countless times, I'm going to work out from this day forward.  I do pushups, squats, lunges, pullups, pant & sweat.... Then don't do a fucking thing for another 3 goddamn months.

I'm sick of being lazy. 

I weighed myself the other day... I broke 190 fucking pounds.  I'm only 5'7", and I feel FAT.  I remember when I crossed 170, I felt fat.  I weigh 20 fucking pounds more than then.  And I still eat 2 goddamn Whoppers on Wednesday.

It's time to goddamn change.

I'm setting Nerd Fitness as my homepage, so any time I go on the computer, this is what I see.  A reminder that I can't quit, I can't just 'relax today', I have to DO IT.

I have nobody to push me (yet), so I will be pushing myself by posting here every.single.day counting what I have done. 

To start, I nearly broke my toe today, so keeping light on my feet has been today's challenge.

GOALS:
REDUCE MY FUCKING WAIST SIZE!!!  Currently a 36, I want to be a 32.

LOSE WEIGHT!!  Currently ~190lbs, I want to get down to ~165lbs with some muscle.

Today's workout:

2 sets of 20 pushups (on knees, I'm fat remember)

2 sets of 20 squats

2 sets of 10 lunges (my toe hurts damnit)

• Like 1

Not bad for a first workout!

197 lbs -> could be worse

You already took the first step today, keep going and it'll get better.

Why don't you take part in the challenge?

Love me some cursing ;)

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Thanks! 

I'm pretty damn sore this morning, legs are a big wobbly, arms feel sore, overall a good feeling :)

I tried doing a bit of a workout this morning, but my muscles wouldn't allow much:

2 sets of 10 pushups

2 sets of 20 squats

2 sets of 10 dumbell rows

I think I've figured out my timeline...

I want to breach into the 160's by the time our baby is born.  My wife is due in June, so that gives me roughly 6 months to lose 30lbs.  Or 5lbs per month.

This seems to be a fairly easy workout, I can get it done in under 20 minutes, my heartrate is up, I'm sweating a bit.. I hope to be able to do real pushups within a few weeks...

Great idea putting this page as your home page.  This stuff slips away from us as life gets in the way but it sounds like you are on your way now.  Great start with the workout too but if you want to fit into smaller pants, it's all about what you eat.  Plenty of information on this site about nutrition and weight loss but that is the place to focus your efforts along with the workouts.

Now quit your whining and get back to work.  :pirate:

I am also a member of MyFitnessPal, so I am tracking everything from calories to sugar to fiber... I am going to definitely do a lot of reading as to what I should be buying while grocery shopping, we can only eat what we have avalable to us...

I just signed up for a trail 1-month membership with my local gym, $8 total for the first month.  We'll see if I got the gonads to actually go to the gym regularly.

I'm going to fill the fridge with fresh fruit, veggies, and keep the meats in the freezer ready to pull out.  I also love hardboiled eggs, so that will be a popular part of my diet as well.

Thanks!

Great idea to set NF as your home page, think I'm going to do that too as it's great to have the constant reminder! Good luck with the gym membership... um I'm pretty sure you've got the gonads if your wife is expecting  :highly_amused:

• Like 1

If it's important, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.
Don't sacrifice what you really want, for what you want right now.

I resolve to not die with my dreams still inside me

I could feel the 'I don't feel like it' thoughts coming in today... Sore as hell from the last one, so I took yesterday off the bodyweight exercises and just went for a nice long hike up the mountain...

My arms are still sore as hell today, legs still sore...So I did a smaller version of the bodyweight workout

10 pushups x 2

10 squats x 2

50 jumping jacks

10 lunges

10 - 15lb arm lifts

Huffing and puffing is good, so as long as I keep on my dieting, I should lose weight, right???

I use MyFitnessPal if anyone wonders, GoStumpy on there too...Feel free to add me, I don't have many friends on there.

Hi GoStumpy, Remember to take some measurements, waist, arms, shoulders etc, and also Body fat %... This is crucial for motivation, as you will have days when you struggle and some days the scale won't show you what you want to see but rest assure things are happening to your body regardless. You just can't always see it. So keep taking weekly measurements and photos, lots of photos!

It won't take long before your workout becomes a bit of an addiction... Best of luck!

"If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got"...

Hi GoStumpy!

Hey, don't worry. The soreness will go away as you progress. One word of advice though, take the time to rest between workouts. Do different exercises if you like, but don't do push ups two days in a row for example. Give your muscles some time to regenerate.

Other than that, good luck! Keep at it and you'll get where you want to go!

Stay sharp!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks for the input!

I'm not doing them every day, I was thinking 2 days on, one day off?  Or should I do them one on one off?

I went for a nice 50 minute walk (minus 10, lol) to Tim Hortons today, and I feel that could easily become a nice habit.  Perhaps workout one day, walk the next?

I'm not sure how to calculate body fat %, but I'll take some measurements today, great idea... And I guess a fat pic in the mirror, lol.

I'd say one day workout, next day walk, day after that repeat.

Taking pics and measurements is a good idea. That way you see how far you've come even when the scale doesn't move the way you want it to.

- Abtacha -

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

This morning's workout contained:

At 4 minutes I've done:

75 jumping jacks

20 knee pushups

20 squats

20 lunges

20 dumbell rows

And all that only took me just under 5 minutes... my legs are like Jello and I can't do another pushup.... I can't go on!

I can't wait to be able to go to the Gym to use the stairmaster, elliptical, bikes, etc... for a good hour long workout :)

Today was the first day at the Gym!  I got a 30-day membership for $8, so I'm going to take full advantage. 

Today I walked to the Gym (30 minutes each way) to fill out my information, then went back at 8pm to do a workout... did 30 minutes on the bike, then a bunch of random strength training. Spent ~15 minutes doing that....

Gonna go again tomorrow morning and see if there's less people there, couldn't really get near the dumbbells...

After having the day to think about it, I'm no longer that upset...  It was a single day in a very long journey, and I'm not going to let it get me down.  I'm heading to the Gym tomorrow morning, will wake up at 5:15am, be at the Gym by 5:30am, and work out for as long as I can.  Planning for 30 minutes on the Elliptical and 30 minutes on the weight machines.

Keeping my beer to a minimum has two advantages, less calories, and less drunken idiocies like midnight runs to McDonalds.

Holy crap the Elliptical is MADNESS. 

Tried it first, I was DONE at 5 minutes.... like whoa.  Went on the stationary bike for 30 minutes, then back to the Elliptical, and couldn't even reach 5... ended at 4:30 minutes :(  Good workout though!

Went at just a hair after 6 today, and definitely was busier.. gonna aim for a bit earlier next time :)

After having the day to think about it, I'm no longer that upset...  It was a single day in a very long journey, and I'm not going to let it get me down.  I'm heading to the Gym tomorrow morning, will wake up at 5:15am, be at the Gym by 5:30am, and work out for as long as I can.  Planning for 30 minutes on the Elliptical and 30 minutes on the weight machines.

Keeping my beer to a minimum has two advantages, less calories, and less drunken idiocies like midnight runs to McDonalds.

Yeah, sometimes bad days happen.  Think of your intake in weekly terms.  So if your average over the week is ok, you are all set.  If it bothers you that you had a bad day then you have half the battle won.  But yeah, have a bad day and move on.  Sounds like the next day was great.  Good work.

The most important thing is not to not have a bad day but to not let a bad day become a bad week, become a bad month etc.

Your doing good with the exercise. Stay at it and you'll reach your thirty minute goal eventually!

• Like 1

- Abtacha -

- Saint Ausgustine -