Found it... So been posting in random places since I joined until I saw the Battle logs. Will keep this one up to date from now on!

Long story short - Grew up very active playing ice hockey, football, boxing and breakdance then I started Uni and all training ceased...

Now, some years later and 15kg heavier I've picked it up again and determined to, not just shed the extra weight but to tone up significantly. VanDamme style! Loving the Volvo advert by the way...

A fair bit of information but since it's my first post here and I started my training end of Oct/beginning of Nov I got a bit of catching up to do...

Starting weight: 78.5kg

Height: 172 (to make sense of my weight)

Body fat %: don't know, my £5 body fat % apparatus from amazon broke. Didn't really trust it anyway.

Overall plan: get weight down to 69-70kg at around Christmas time.

I'm doing this by running. So far I've been running every day for around 45 min. Due to life I've missed out on 2 days although tried to recoup this by doing 2 sessions the next. The running has become a bit of an addiction I must say and loving it so far. My wife is so bored from listening to me going on about it. (Although overall very supportive :)

Food: overall a low carb intake and with good fats. Due to previous failures I've decided not to cut out on the weekend take away. I need this for my own sanity... And I do enjoy the time shared with my wife.

Mainly planning my lunch for work by cooking the evening before has been the key for me... Gone from boring sandwiches to 'homemade garlic and chili Chicken' lemon & chili cod fillets' with leafy rocket salads (*topped with peanut butter). My colleagues think I'm loosing it. I work in construction...*&^%^*%... I must say that I'm not recording my carb/cal intake. I feel this would push me over the edge and fall of the fat wagon so instead I work on the basis that if I'm 'peckish' I'm doing ok. Will have to monitor progress and maybe start recording food should I fall below my progress line.

Once I'm lean - I will then change the type of workout  to more lifting whilst running 2-3 mornings/week. Hopefully around 4 lifting sessions.

Progress so far: This morning I weighed in at 74kg flat which is good but I've noticed (spreadsheet graph) that I'm  stagnating slightly. Could be normal.. I will have to investigate.

Thanks for reading guys and by all means, give me some input or advice when you see fit!

I will post some weekly pics starting this afternoon...

If you do what you've always done, You'll get what you've always got...

"If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got"...

Early start today! 5am with an expresso and half a bagel decorated with peanut butter.

Treadmill session started slowly although managed to do 55 minutes and only stopped as I had to get on the road for work. May have to get up earlier next week or eat breakfast in the car so I can try to average 50min+..

Lunch - pimped up tomato soup with 'sambal Olec' Before the next meeting. Colleagues have been complaining about my chili fish smell for lunch so may have to think about alternatives or possibly eat my lunch in the car ;)

Also, ordered a pair of body fat calipers - I never put too much trust in the electronic ones working out the percentage. Any experience with Calipers anyone?

Pains I lower legs...

This started on Friday afternoon although didn't pay too much attention to it then.

On Saturday morning I pained through a 70min run on the treadmill and couldn't really feel any presence of pain afterwards although Sunday morning was worse again.

I would say it's not currently stopping me from running although not sure what's causing it. The pain is located underneath the calf muscle and feels different to normal muscle ache.

Anyone with some ideas of what's causing it or how to deal with it? Just in case it gets worse...

So I cheated a little bit today by getting on the scales. (Not suppose to until Thursday) weight shifted between 73.6 and 73.7 which is consistent with my line of progress.

I did try a calmer tempo this morning and ran for 46 minutes. I do the same duration at a higher tempo and felt like I could give it another 50% whilst running this morning. Over night I've been thinking about the optimum pace (heart rate) to burn fat. Bit confused now...

Also, fat calipers arrived and apparently I'm considered to be lean according to the table.. I've seen 2 table sin circulation where one is based on your stomach/hip measurement and one is based on your stomache/hip (love handles), biceps, triceps, shoulder blade. I assume the latter is more accurate as takes into account your overall body dims. As I tend to gain fat mainly around the belly the latter suits me more anyways.

Off to Sweden tonight,.. Back to the motherland for 3 day. As I won't have time for any training I will have to do double sessions today. Strictly speaking, yes, there is time but will definitely spend that with the family and not out running. Weigh in next week will /be interesting even with only 3 days of my mom's cooking... ;)

Ok, So I came back from Sweden yesterday and I haven't worked out for 4 days now. And as I celebrated my Bday there there were a lot of festive food and as I normally do I need to eat a load of Swedish chocolate, crisps and so on everytime I go. I didn't go running this morning as I was a bit of a wreck after putting Xmas decorations up yesterday. In summary I think I'll skip weigh in this week...

Or maybe it'll be a good idea as it might show how much or little my body is affected by the 4 days of eating and not working out.. I'll reassess on Wednesday.