Hi fellow nerds & rebels,

So today  I joined the rebellion. So here's my story :

Earlier I used to go to the gym but after a month or so the same set of exercises & routines started boring the crap out of me.I couldn't commit more of myself to the gym & also with my exams coming up, all these situations were provided little help to the voices in my head to continue gym and lose weight. Ultimately I had to quit. But still I hope I'm not done for good. I've had enough of folks call me names behind my back, give that ugly stare while I walk past them and behave like I'm a lesser human or the worst part a "monster". O.K. enough of the sad part, I know to each man his own, now I'd like to rejoin the gym and lose weight for good.But there's this issue that's been constantly bugging me for some months now.I've been having some doubts on my workout regime that I should follow (shout out to Steve Kamb for giving me an idea : "How to Build Your Own Workout Routine"), and after a few considerations and a few more tweaks here and there while  also considering the amount of time I can devote, I've come up with a workout regime of my own (yay! :tongue:). Below I'd like to post some details about me and also the regime I'm hoping to follow. So this time I'd like to correct all the things I've done wrong in the past and promise myself that this would be my last birthday that I'd like to spend with people thinking of me as just another fat piece of Sh*t. Also I like to vary my exercises, I cant do the same set of effin' exercises until I get in shape, I'd like to have some variety in them so if any variations, suggestions, further corrections, or motivations are welcomed :)...

Weight : 122 kg's or 268.9 lbs.

Height : 167 cm's

Workout time : 1 hour

No. Of Days In A Week: 5 (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri)

Off Days: Sat,Sun

Day 1 : Shoulders, Chest, Biceps

1.Warm Up

2.Elliptical trainer (low intensity) for 5 mins

3.Shoulder press machine (12x,10x,8x)

4.Lats pull down (12x,10x,8x)

5.Elliptical trainer (high intensity) for 15 mins

Day 2 : Cardio

1.Warm Up

3.Treadmill ( low-medium intensity) for 15 mins

4.Recumbent cycle (high intensity) for 5 mins

5.Spinning (high intensity) for 10 mins

6.Elliptical trainer (high intensity) for 15 mins

Day 3 : Back, Lats, Triceps

1.Warm Up

3.Lat pull down (12x,10x,8x)

4.Horizontal row machine (12x,10x,8x)

5.Cable Triceps Push Down (12x,10x,8x)

Day 4 : Cardio

1.Warm Up

2.Elliptical trainer (high intensity) for 5 mins

3.Treadmill (low-medium intensity) for 15 mins

4.Recumbent cycle (high intensity) for 5 mins

5.Spinning (high intensity) for 10 mins

Day 5 : Quads, Legs, Hamstrings, Abs, Glutes

1.Warm Up

3.Seated Leg Extension (12x,10x,8x)

4.Seated Leg Curl(12x,10x,8x)

5.Seated Leg press machine (12x,10x,8x)

6.Crunch (12x,10x,8x)

7.Squat (12x, 10x, 8x)

8.Elliptical trainer (high intensity) for 15 mins

Also here are some of the extra workouts I'd like to add & replace with or reshuffle after a month with the one above :

Hamstrings:

1.Lying Leg Curl

Shoulders:

1.Windmill

2.Dumbbell side raise

Back:

1.Windmill

Quads:

1.Lunge forward

Chest:

1.Butterfly

2.Push-up Wall (or) Dynamic Chest Stretch

Bicep:

1.Dumbbell bicep curl

Triceps:

1.Push-Up wall narrow

Abs:

1.Lying Leg Raise

2.Roll back

Glutes:

1.Dumbbell Squat

Thanks in advance,

Ciao!!

Sounds like a pretty good workout! I like that you have cardio on there everyday and even two days dedicated to it. Plus you have resistance training because resistance training plus cardio equals fat loss. Some things I would change, usually chest, shoulders, and triceps (push muscles) pair together and back, lats, and biceps (pull muscles) pair together. Also, if you are looking for fat loss, working out your triceps or biceps in an isolation exercise is not needed. Your biggest muscle groups are chest, back and legs, and working these burn the most calories for the longest amount of time. You have lat pull down on two days so on day one, try a bench press. Any chest exercise will work your triceps and any back exercise will work your biceps. Deadlifts are something you should add on back day, without a doubt. I hope this helps and if you need any help, feel free to private message me!

• Like 1

Follow Me on Twitter

Follow Me on Instagram

"The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you have come."

Agree with the above, the problem with lots of 'beginner' workouts that you find other people reccomend is that they focus on things that probably won't help a beginner as much, like the isolation exercises or making sure you hit every angle of a muscle. Trust me, you'll get plenty of muscle built up on your tris and bis doing any push/pull exercise.

The second hardest part about working out is getting started. The hardest part is to keep going. You have a pretty intense workout plan there, and I don't doubt that you have plenty of willpower to get started. But, if you haven't been to the gym in a while, starting all of that at once is going to give you 'new-years resolution syndrome', where you do really well for 2-4 weeks, then drop it 'cause it sucks. Nobody has that much willpower.

When I started working out again, I started with lifting weights once a week and going for a light bike ride twice a week (for two weeks). Then I did workouts twice a week, and biked once a week. I gradually worked my way up to doing a plan very similar to the one you have there, Weights 3x a week and HIIT 2X a week, plus biking to work every day and usually some sort of recreational exercise on the weekends. I've been doing that a while now, and now I'm working on increasing my strength by lowering my reps per set from 15-20 to 8-12.  I promise you if I had started out doing what I am now, I would have found excuses and reasons to stop going because it would have sucked. Instead, I ended up finding reasons TO go to the gym, because I wanted to work out more. That's a much better place to be in.

I personally believe that trying to start a workout regimen going from nothing to a full-week workout is the same as trying to start lifting really heavy weights your first time to the gym. It's much better to slowly work your way up to it.

As far as variety goes, I always hated going on a treadmill/elliptical/stationary bike. What worked for me in college (the ONLY workout routine that I was able to consistently stick with for 6+ months) was jogging first thing in the morning. Now, I hate jogging, and it was freezing cold where I went to school. But, I realized that one mile was exactly 16 blocks. So, every morning I would get up and just run 4 blocks in any direction I wanted. Then turn and go 4 more blocks, then again to form a 4-block square totaling 16 blocks. It was really nice because I could go wherever I wanted to, and it was pretty much always different. I could also do rectangles of 6-2-6-2, 7-1-7-1, or even 8-0-8, so there were 16 different routes I could take. If it wasn't for the variety, I would have probably stopped doing it because it would have gotten so boring.

So, the only way to have a wide-variety of workouts is to have a pretty flexible workout 'plan'. An example of a flexible weight-lifting plan could be 'Warmup Cardio, Push, Pull, Isolation, Cooldown Cardio'. Then when you get to the gym, you can just do whatever cardio you want to warm up, then pick a push/pull combination that you want to do for 3 sets, then an isolation exercise, then another cardio of whatever you want. For example, if you push up (military press) you would do a pull down in the opposite direction (lat pulldown or pullup). Start off and end with whatever cardio looks good/isn't full of gym rats that day, and then blast whatever isolated muscle group you want. That makes it easy to work your other exercises in.

Don't worry that the workout isn't super-perfectly planned or designed to target WHATEVER. I PROMISE you that those things won't make a lick of difference for you. What WILL make a difference is being motivated to go workout, and actually feeling good during and after.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot guys, all of you for taking the time out of your schedule and replying so soon to me. I cant explain how happy I am right now that I got such a fast reply to my doubts/queries. My whole life I've been the kind of guy who people don't care about and turn to only when they can get some of their work done by me. Having people of a similar mindset and who are ready to help has really made my day!! Once again thanks a ton!

Now getting to the point:

David-Thanks mate!! will seriously consider your changes and incorporate them in my daily routine. The only doubt I have is it seems you have suggested some pretty cool workouts like bench press and deadlifts. Well the problem is that as I will be re-joining gym after a span of almost 4-5 months, its back to square 1 beginner I guess. The place where I go to workout, the trainers don't suggest rook's like me to enter into that hallowed territory of heavy weight-lifting and will ridicule me if I do so. So I appreciate your advice but if there's any other workouts I can try then id be glad to!

Tish- Thanks a lot for your motivation! It really made my day!!! if I could be of any help, then I'd be glad to be of assistance!!

Scream-Thanks for replying mate! There's so much information I can use!! I understand that the 'new-year's resolution syndrome' or more like 'birthday-resolution syndrome' in my case will be for a few weeks. But I don't plan on using the same set of exercises for more than 4 weeks. I'll change this present regime by adding some extra exercises I've added at the end according to their respective muscle groups. Also as you say I wont totally depend on gym. I'll also jog everyday first thing in the morning and then go to the gym. I'll also try and add some recreational activities. Once again thanks a lot for such valuable tips!!!

Agree with Scream and David... Just a bit of food for thought, certainly not suggesting you need to change anything as we all need to find something we enjoy.

Personally I found it really heard to loose weight and gain muscle at the same time. For me, it was too much to think about and felt like I took on too much and failed, again and again... you get the drift.

This time around I decided to shed the extra weight and once fairly lean (got some specific targets) I plan to change my regime in terms of food and training in order to gain the muscle. Finding it easy to stay in control concentrating purely on cardio and I'm now 1-2kg away from my target so by Christmas I'm diverting from weight loss to muscle gain.

This may not be for you but would like to emphasize one of 'Scream's' initial points, that don't take on too much too early.. It needs to be realistic although in the end of the day, only you know what's realistic for you.

Best of luck bud!

• Like 1

"If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got"...

Scream-Thanks for replying mate! There's so much information I can use!! I understand that the 'new-year's resolution syndrome' or more like 'birthday-resolution syndrome' in my case will be for a few weeks. But I don't plan on using the same set of exercises for more than 4 weeks. I'll change this present regime by adding some extra exercises I've added at the end according to their respective muscle groups. Also as you say I wont totally depend on gym. I'll also jog everyday first thing in the morning and then go to the gym. I'll also try and add some recreational activities. Once again thanks a lot for such valuable tips!!!

Your plan to change your training every few weeks can definitely help but you might still run into the birthday-resolution syndrome. It's not just the actual exercises you are doing, but just finding the motivation and time 5 times a week to exercise starting from nothing is hard. My recommendation would also be to just start a bit slower. Maybe do 2, or 3 sessions a week to start with and build from that. Just start with small changes in your life, rather than the big bang. It sounds like that was what you were doing before and that doesn't work.  

• Like 1

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Sounds to me like you are ready to rock and roll.  Definitely use this forum to help you stay motivated.  I've only been coming here a short time but have found everyone to be helpful.

As far as the program is concerned, the folks have given you some great advice but the most important thing is you are doing something.  I know I did a lot of research but nothing really started making sense until I got in the gym and started moving stuff around.  So go with what keeps you looking forward to going to the gym.  If you start to dislike what you are doing, look back at this thread or around this forum and try some suggestions.  You will eventually land on something that fits if you already havent.  At this point in your training the most important thing is to keep going.

That said, and I'm sure you already know this but, the most important element of reaching weight loss goals is your eating plan.  Make sure you are eating properly to lose body fat ahead of anything in the weight room.  Definitely keep lifting and doing the cardio but your main focus really should be diet for a while.  Someone mentioned it is hard to add muscle and lose fat at the same time and there is truth to it but at the early stages of training and weight loss, you will definitely make gains in the weight room and you will lose fat if you are eating right.  You will also find your cardio fitness will increase pretty quickly at the beginning.  I find that working out helps me to stay focussed on eating well.  I dont want to undo any good I do in the gym.

Stick with it and report back.  You got this!

• Like 1

Nicke - Any information is valuable information and that too for a beginner like me is worth its weight in gold! thanks a lot for that bro! its obvious that after I lose my weight the next step would be to add some muscle,  this tip will prove to be very helpful to me. Once again thanks for the motivation and it would be very selfish of me if I wouldn't be of any help to you ;) , I'd be glad to help if at all you want any. See you around!

MissMormie - That is so true! at first when I joined gym, I'd just go everyday blindly without any plans or as a matter of fact any idea! I was so lost after a month that gradually it killed the enthusiasm in me and here we are today! As you said earlier I'll try and not jump into this weight loss goal of mine and instead try gradually. I've already started walking to my home instead of using a vehicle. I guess the saying drop by drop makes an ocean holds true in my case. And also the motivation I've been receiving from such wonderful people will motivate me just enough to reach my goals. Thanks a ton for that info!!

Jacksson - Roger that! I'll surely report back with the wonderful progress i'll start to make when I join again. I guess you are what you eat and I should clean up my diet first and foremost. Thanks for the motivation bro!

Cannonfury - Thanks for the motivation!! If you need any help feel free to ask me!!  

Its me again :playful:. I'd like to  thank all you wonderful people for replying to my doubts!! I'll take all your advice and hopefully do justice to all your suggestions and show you'll a new improved me! I just cant wait for my exams to end in march. I really want to hit the gym! God I'm so super charged up by all your motivation!! All I can say is keep it coming people!! LOL :nevreness:

Now after getting a perspective of what challenges lie ahead of me, I'd really like to get moving on to the next aspect and that is

DIET!

I know its equally important along with sleep so my question is how many meals a day is helpful for weight loss. Also since completely starving ones-self is a no brainer kind of a thing ( I also tried that once with little results. Oh! silly me :P). I'd also be glad if you suggest me how many hours a day of sleep is essential for weight loss. Thanks once again all you people!

Also one thing I've noticed and thank god I did so at an early time is that I've been going on and on and on asking tips, suggestions, and advice from you people, Its been selfish of me for not asking about your goals, struggles and challenges you are facing/or faced in your quest for fitness. So do reply to this thread about all of it. I'd really want this thread to be more of a "sharing your experiences" kind of a thing instead of one person whining for advice ( oh is that me? :orange:  :playful:). So here's hoping for a better sharing experience and gaining strength from each of our unique experiences!!!

Its me again :playful:. I'd like to  thank all you wonderful people for replying to my doubts!! I'll take all your advice and hopefully do justice to all your suggestions and show you'll a new improved me! I just cant wait for my exams to end in march. I really want to hit the gym! God I'm so super charged up by all your motivation!! All I can say is keep it coming people!! LOL :nevreness:

Now after getting a perspective of what challenges lie ahead of me, I'd really like to get moving on to the next aspect and that is

DIET!

I know its equally important along with sleep so my question is how many meals a day is helpful for weight loss. Also since completely starving ones-self is a no brainer kind of a thing ( I also tried that once with little results. Oh! silly me :tongue:). I'd also be glad if you suggest me how many hours a day of sleep is essential for weight loss. Thanks once again all you people!

Also one thing I've noticed and thank god I did so at an early time is that I've been going on and on and on asking tips, suggestions, and advice from you people, Its been selfish of me for not asking about your goals, struggles and challenges you are facing/or faced in your quest for fitness. So do reply to this thread about all of it. I'd really want this thread to be more of a "sharing your experiences" kind of a thing instead of one person whining for advice ( oh is that me? :orange:  :playful:). So here's hoping for a better sharing experience and gaining strength from each of our unique experiences!!!

You may have to do some research as to what suits you. A very generic response to Diets below.

Rather than trying to work out how many meals/ day a common starting point is to work out your calorie deficit http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/caloriedeficitcalculator.php . This will basically start by telling you how many calories you burn each day based on your body and training. When you know this you can easily work out how much or little you need to eat to loose x amount of weight. The deficit is the difference between what you consume and burn. for instance you need to burn 3500cal to shed 1lb of fat so 3500 over 7 days =500cal/day. 1lb a week is fairly sustainable.. Sounds complicated but it is simple really, the fact you need to consume less than you burn in order to shed weight. This is just a structured way of quantifying the in's and out's. When you know this look at what foods are good and what they do for you... etc etc...

ANYWAYS, I know you didn't ask specifically about this but happy to go on.. World of good and bad foods out there and always tricky to know where to start. Some of the girls and boys on n-fitness has vast knowledge base so just keep asking as long as peeps are responding..

• Like 1

"If you do what you've always done you'll get what you've always got"...

DIET!

I know its equally important along with sleep so my question is how many meals a day is helpful for weight loss. Also since completely starving ones-self is a no brainer kind of a thing ( I also tried that once with little results. Oh! silly me :tongue:). I'd also be glad if you suggest me how many hours a day of sleep is essential for weight loss. Thanks once again all you people!

As many meals as works for you as long as you meet your calories (and macro nutrients). For some people that's 6 or 7 meals a day, for others that's 2. What every gain you can get from timing is so minimal that you shouldn't worry about that now. Only once you're eating perfectly and not getting any results does it make sense to focus on the details. Work on the big things first :) 

I applaud your willingness to turn around your life for the better. But, again, it sounds like you're trying to change your whole life overnight. Not just exercise, food but also sleep. That means you'll have to change basically everything. Change you shopping and cooking habits, change times out with friends, change how you fill in your day, maybe change the time you go to bed. And all of that takes a massive amount of willpower. Unfortunately you only have a limited amount of willpower, so the more you're trying to change at the same time, the less chance you'll manage to do so (at least, for most people). 

So just pick one area to work on first. Exercise might be the one for you. Get that started for a week of three, and once you feel you've got that figured out (what times, how long, do you need to change any other appointments in your life around?) then work on something else. Food would be a good thing to start on. And again don't do everything at once. Maybe take out snacks, or focus on making a healthy dinner. Then change your sleeping times, or maybe just pick that up over time, shifting 5 minutes per day until you feel awake in the morning. 

This is how I'm doing changes in my life as well. One of my goals this challenge is to cut down on the amount of coke I drink. But rather than saying from today on I won't drink any coke except on nights out I'm changing little thinks every week. For me that's adding in other drinks at specific times of the day. And week by week I make changes to get to my goal over the other 6 weeks. This goal has been in my mind since my first challenge but there were other goals as well, so I've put it off until I got other things sorted out. When I started I just wanted to take up running, now Im running three times a week, lifting weights, happier, drinking less coke, showering more regularly and all that with little steps at a time. Had I'd try to change all that in a weeks time I'd never been able to do all that. 

• Like 1

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Like others have said it is really individual.  I found that eating 3 meals a day (once in a while 2) worked best for me.  It allowed me to eat a nice big meal so I didnt feel like I was eatling like a bird or something.  In the past when I've tried to eat small meals I just feel like I'm on a diet. Eating 3 good solid meals makes me think I'm just eating.  Of course I have to choose to eat good food (by my definition) and I found that limiting carbs, specifically wheat based food worked best for me.  The other benefit is it stops the habit of snacking.  For me snacking is a killer.  When we go on "diets" we tend to eat healthy snacks.  But if we are always in the habit of snacking and there are no healthy snacks in the cabinet we grab whatever we find.  Then for me anyway, it tends to roll right down hill from there.

As far as making a bunch of changes are concerned, that is really individual too.  I am an all or nothing guy with this stuff. Cutting back or easing into something has never worked for me.  I have always found it much harder on the old will power.  If everything I do is toward a goal then it is easier for me to do all of it right.  You have to figure out which way works for you which means you may fail here and there but dont stop moving in the right direction.  You can definitely get there once you figure out your path.  Failing at one thing just means you will succeed at a different thing.

• Like 1

Diet is key here. I won't speak to the workout, because those guys ^ have done a great job at it already.

Make sure you eat clean and track how much you're eating. With diet alone, you can lose. Combined with the workout you have laid out, you're gonna be in shape in no time.

Good luck to you sir. :)

• Like 1

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Nicke - Yeah I know my question was not direct but thanks anyway for helping me out. I guess its up to me to figure out what diet suits me. I can start by doing a little research. Thanks once again for giving me a head start. Hope you're having/had a nice day! :smile-new:

MissMormie - I guess I've got to slow down a bit coz its not that easy to make right 18 years of wrong.

Anyways glad to know that you've been feeling happier nowadays. I can take your inspiration of doing things one at a time. Thanks and don't let that smile slip away from your face ! :encouragement:

Jacksson - As you said it's better to work on a diet along with a specific goal or mindset than just jump in without any idea. I can understand about that willpower shortage coz you've got one right here :P. I guess its all in the mind. You have to remind yourself everyday about what you are or want to be, your goals etc. Only then can we make visible improvements. As it was mentioned earlier will power is what everyone has but its limited. Both the extremities are dangerous. The situation of having too little or too less willpower that is. With such a great group of people here and by motivation I guess we can try on the willpower aspect. Anyway thanks for your reply and have a great day ahead!!

FyreFlies - I've been trying to make food-logging a habit. It really helps you a lot and gives you a clear perspective on what's going inside rather than shoveling it down your throat. Thanks for the tip !! :adoration:

I guess as far as I can remember I was always a bit scared or even skeptical about me being in a photograph. When I started gaining weight it became all the more rather embarrassing to look at myself in a photo because I couldn't even believe my eyes and recognize that it was me. So today happened. After a long time my sis clicked a photo of mine today while just fooling around, and I was shocked.

It hurt me real bad after I saw myself in a random picture weighing 260 odd pounds and just sitting there!!! For a moment I thought whether this was what I looked like walking the streets. This was what I looked like in front of my friends. More importantly THIS was what I looked like. My heart sank. I couldn't even imagine the embarrassment my family and friends were experiencing because of me while I was with them. I'm thankful for such people in my life who don't complain about me and accept me however I am. I just couldn't stare at that hideous picture anymore. I asked her to delete it. But then again I thought 'wait a minute!'.This was not the way I want my friends to remember me. This was not the way I want my teachers to remember me. This picture in a rather odd but helpful way instead reminded me that "come on man enough is enough!!!"

I'm done looking like this. I just cant shy away when people try to take a picture of mine. I cant keep on being an outcast. In a weird way it motivated me!!! I know this post may feel a little irrelevant but I thought I'd like to share this to all those out there struggling to get in shape. So I guess the best way to remind yourself who you are is to just click a picture. Give it a long hard stare. Recall all the embarrassing situations/challenges that you faced being like that. Come on dude stop living in a dream world where you think you'll magically become fit and it'll all be hunky dory. You want to lose weight. Then You gotta lose weight. The best part : "It's possible!!''. No matter how weird it may sound I'd like to know all the things you all did to motivate myself. Hell I just shared mine. So don't be shy because I'm done keeping my thoughts to myself.

I sent this to another member some time ago and I stick by this....

The thing is... once you make a small change and stick to it, you have created a new habit and give yourself the chance to make other small changes. I read something the other day that I really liked: Aim for change, not for results. Results are very BIG picture, but change can happen in those small moments where we chose to do something different. Consistency will give you the results your looking for, but self-discipline is required. 

I like to set a daily goal. When I reach that goal, I feel incredibly proud of myself and that feeling alone makes me want to continue to make and reach my goals. Write your goal on a white board or in a journal, look at that goal at the beginning of your day. By the end of the day, make sure you can put a big check mark beside it with a happy face. Write about how achieving that goal made you feel. Documenting your process is a big thing that NF talks about a lot, as it is the only way we can really track change. The more goal follow through you do, the more often you will notice change for the better in your life. Remind yourself that you are WORTH the hard work. Remind yourself that while it may feel like a small change, it is a CHANGE nonetheless and small changes eventually result in BIG outcomes. Remind yourself how it feels to be proud of yourself, your hard work, and determination. 

So, I would start with a goal board. I would also compliment that with a goal journal. Fill it with pictures that inspire you; mantras that excite you; poetry; musical lyrics. Make yourself a mixtape that you can listen to at the start of every day- fill it with songs that get you excited about reaching your goals for the day. 

Most importantly, do not allow yourself to not follow through. YOU are the most important person in your life and you owe it to yourself to feel the happiness that comes from reaching your goals. You are SO worth it. Keep telling yourself that. When you feel discouraged, go back to your journal-- read how you felt about achieving your daily goals. Write about why your frustrated, then respond to yourself with a new goal and the steps you are going to take to reach that goal in your day. 

Have a food goal. An emotional goal. A relationship goal. A fitness goal. Everyday. You will notice achieving a small goal in these areas every day will result in you having a fuller, more enriching enjoyable life. And, these goals are all ACHIEVABLE!!!!

This is my new song that motivates me in the morning! GOOD LUCK AND STAY ON THIS SITE TO STAY MOTIVATED!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm extremely sorry I couldn't reply sooner enough...i know its been a looong time but the advice I've received lately has really helped me a lot! I didn't know there were so many like minded people who were so friendly and wanted to help me and really motivate me. Thanks to each and every one of you for writing in to me, advising me  right from the first day I posted to this day.

Teeraw2000-That songs really catchy! thanks a ton to all of the advice you've given me. You have been really helpful and motivational, so are all the other beautiful people. I really want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I completely agree with what you said. Keeping one's self motivated is like half the battle won. I have to work on that for sure. And the fact the small changes will really start to make a big difference has really motivated me to start keeping challenges for myself and push my limits. I guess I can keep small challenges for myself daily related to exercising like if I do certain no. of reps today I should better them the next time. Nonetheless thanks once a again and hope you keep motivating me!

Gjorge- Hi and thanks a ton for your support!! As of now I have a lot of fat on my abdomen i.e. belly fat. If you could advise some other exercise which would help me in burning the fat in that target area then it would be really helpful!!

Another thing I would like to mention is that as I had told earlier I couldn't resume going to the gym immediately as I had certain commitments related to my studies. As i'm free now id like to resume from the 28th of this month. If there are any tips related to preparing myself before going into exercising again, like any extra motivations in order to really stick this time around (not that whatever motivation I've received from you'll is not enough but I'd really like to do good this time around I hope you understand :nevreness:), tips related to exercising etc. then I will be happy to follow them. Thanks for your time all these days. Have a good day!

So after careful consideration of all the tips you guys have given me over the months I've prepared a final gym workout regime which I'm going to start fro the 28th of march till 25th of april (4 weeks). After this duration i'll add some more new types of exercises and shuffle it. For now I'm trying to concentrate on these 4 weeks. Hope it'll

work out (no pun intended :P). Any suggestions, modifications are surely welcomed. Thanks in advance guys!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtMh_crRmAuSU1mclljT3JGTzg/edit?usp=sharing I've prepared my gym regime and put it in a Microsoft word file and uploaded to google drive. Here's the link to it. Hope you see it and suggest or advice me in any way possible!