VixensDemon Vows Not to Cheat. (food ;})

VixensDemon

I love this concept! Put it down in “ink†where the whole world can see.  I love the accountability!

Main Goal:  VIXENSDEMON VOWS NOT TO CHEAT

I have made too much progress in the last year+ to be regressing into bad habits!  I have now lost 95lb and have built an amazing muscular body that I am really proud of but I still have a long ways to go.

I find when I allot myself a little cheat meal or snack it turns into a whole day.  By then I feel depressed and upset that I let it go so far so I eat more.  BAD BAD VIXEN!    

It seems harsh but over the last year I have learned what my slips & epic fails are caused by and it is always from a "It will be ok this once".

It creates a craving for more that I give into w/o thinking about it.

SO! Knowing I feel so much better when I just do not allow myself the slip in the first place so it does not turn into a food slide. 

Steps to reach my main goal:

• Get rid of all junk food in the house and office.
  • Make healthy alternatives that I can have handy at home and work. Introduce more Primal meals.
  • Drink more water so I don't feel “hungryâ€
  • Feel empowered I am making the choice not to eat those things NOT DEPRIVED!

WHY???

Loose the last 30-40lb

I have come TOO far to regress into bad habits now!!

Life Goal:  MAKE A FAMILY BUDGET! (THE CONTINUAL QUEST FOR MOST)

Get a good banking program and see what we have been spending our money on.

Sit down with Love and go over what we find/ideas to help control spending.

Put it on paper just like these quests so we STICK to them!

I'm a few weeks late but have been doing my best the last few weeks to do this and so far so good.  I hope I can stick with it and any useful help would be much appreciated.  This is my first Challenge in this forum so I hope it goes well.  Thanks so much for the opportunity to put this out there and make me feel more accountable.  

• Like 1

95 pounds lost already? Awesome!

Good luck with your goals. The cheating issue is one that I face, and I'm not sure what the answer to it is. Writing it down and posting it here has seemed to help a bit so far, though--knowing I'll have to report it is good for accountability.

• Like 1

Steps to reach my main goal:

• Get rid of all junk food in the house and office.
  • Make healthy alternatives that I can have handy at home and work. Introduce more Primal meals.
  • Drink more water so I don't feel “hungryâ€
  • Feel empowered I am making the choice not to eat those things NOT DEPRIVED!

At office, I keep

- dried fruits

- single serving almonds

- sweet potato - microwave for 5-6 minutes.

- whey protein powder

- 85% cocoa dark chocolate

I also bring an apple or banana sometimes.

Last year, I asked a thermos bottle for Xmas gift. I keep it on my desk so that I have water from cooler anytime.

My desk drawer looks like a squirrel trying to nest.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

I find when I allot myself a little cheat meal or snack it turns into a whole day.  By then I feel depressed and upset that I let it go so far so I eat more.  BAD BAD VIXEN!    

It seems harsh but over the last year I have learned what my slips & epic fails are caused by and it is always from a "It will be ok this once".
It creates a craving for more that I give into w/o thinking about it.

But I also find that when I eat healthy for one meal, it turns into eating healthy the whole day. Then I feel happy and continue the trend. Eventually, something always knocks me off the wagon, and I say to myself "It will be okay this once," and then I get into the habit of making bad choices again. 

I think a good thing for you to do is figure out what causes you to say to yourself "It will be okay just this once"? For me, it's often something like a party where everyone is eating badly, or I want to try a new food that happens to be incredibly bad for me. Or I feel really sad or lonely or bored... goodness, I have a lot of reasons why I eat terribly. But, anyway, what are yours? 

Level 0 Dwarf

STR:0 | DEX:0 | STA:0 | CON:0 | WIS:0 | CHA:0

Current Challenge

"Your battles inspired me - not the obvious material battles but those that were fought and won behind your forehead."

James Joyce

95 pounds lost already? Awesome!

Good luck with your goals. The cheating issue is one that I face, and I'm not sure what the answer to it is. Writing it down and posting it here has seemed to help a bit so far, though--knowing I'll have to report it is good for accountability.

Thanks so much!  This will be a learning experience for sure!  

At office, I keep

- dried fruits

- single serving almonds

- sweet potato - microwave for 5-6 minutes.

- whey protein powder

- 85% cocoa dark chocolate

My desk drawer looks like a squirrel trying to nest.

Mine too!  My co-workers make fun of my "rabbit food" all the time.. I just smile knowing that I am making good choices for myself.  Excellent choices.  I had not thought about the cocoa.  I LOVE SWEET POTATOS!  

But I also find that when I eat healthy for one meal, it turns into eating healthy the whole day. Then I feel happy and continue the trend. Eventually, something always knocks me off the wagon, and I say to myself "It will be okay this once," and then I get into the habit of making bad choices again. 

I think a good thing for you to do is figure out what causes you to say to yourself "It will be okay just this once"? For me, it's often something like a party where everyone is eating badly, or I want to try a new food that happens to be incredibly bad for me. Or I feel really sad or lonely or bored... goodness, I have a lot of reasons why I eat terribly. But, anyway, what are yours? 

You are very right about the healthy causes more healthy eating.  Just like you it is usually eating out with friends or my oldest making cupcakes and wanting me to try one.  Family gatherings and such.  I am trying to understand the triggers to avoid them.  

Progress Nov. 24th  

I managed to get all the junk out of the house last Monday and well.... Love ended up putting it all back in.  I will just have to avoid them.  My desk is junk food free.  I talked co-workers into putting the candy drawer into the front office rather than out by our desks.  

I went and got my ingredients to make my energy bites and protein bars.  Hopefully will be able to make them Monday.  

Water is going really well.  Drinking around 8 to 12oz a day.  

On the life quest... still in the process

Also posting measurements and weight.

Weight 177.5

Waist 32

Hips 38.5

Chest 38

R Arm 12

L Arm 12

R Thigh 25

L Thigh 24.5

B Fat %  26.03

For Arm 11.5

Calves 16.5

Shoulders 43

Wrist 6.25

This next week I need to buckle down on getting my homemade snacks done and getting my life quest in check.

• Like 1

Awesome objective !!!

Keeping healthy homemade snacks (almonds, apples) or drinks (green tea, cocoa powder without sugar) is a great option, and use relaxation or visualization to avoid the cravings help a lot..

You can also try to explore the feelings that trigger the cravings and acknoledge them to get rid of them ...and get focused on the stronger/ happier... you get each time you defeat the craving, and the plan if you don't succeed  to fight the craving to get back on the horse !

One thing that help me to not over eat: i write down all the food it eat in a pocket notebook, so i can dissociate to the situation and keep in control...

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Week 2 Summery Dec 1

What a week!!  I made a goal at the beginning of the week to have no cheats but that Thanksgiving was going to be a free day.  I did really well!

Thursday I really watched my portion control and refused to eat anything not a plate.  This forced me to take the time to get a plate/fork and really think before I just walked by mindlessly grabbing things.  I do admit I submitted to a slice of pie.  It was yummy, I enjoyed it and surprisingly had no desire to have more.  Hopefully that's a good sign. 

I had my snacks at work (energy bites, homemade protein bars, almonds,trail mix and turkey jerky) and did really well not being tempted by the junk at work.  At home I was tempted by cupcakes that Lil Fox had made. Had one in my hand a couple times but managed to put them back.  So hard when it is right in my face.  

Lil Fox plays Volleyball for her HS and she wants to hunker down for the off season and get better muscle and cut down on her goodies.  I told her all the cupcakes she has been making is not helping.  She knew I was right so me and her are going to have a talk today about what she can do.  She is in great shape but I know she would feel better if she cut out the junk food and take out  that she eats.  I can't seem to get My Sun and Stars away from the Dark Side but maybe I can get Lil Fox over and make that much more of an impression on him and Snort Fish.  

Weight has gone up and down all week.  No loss.  I have been REALLY pushing my workouts and feel really good about them.  I hope next week shows some loss.  I need to break this Level.  I can feel it bumming me out and messing with my attitude.  

You can also try to explore the feelings that trigger the cravings and acknowledge them to get rid of them ...and get focused on the stronger/ happier... you get each time you defeat the craving, and the plan if you don't succeed  to fight the craving to get back on the horse !

One thing that help me to not over eat: i write down all the food it eat in a pocket notebook, so i can dissociate to the situation and keep in control...

Great advise.  I do log my food.  I look back a lot to see what foods made me feel good and what really messed with me.  I just have a hard time with that temporary feel good that leads to guilt  versus the long term feel good.  I am getting better.  I need to get into the habit of logging the food BEFORE I eat it.  Then I have to take the time to think about it before I just engulf then log after it is too late.

Life Quest!!

Sun & Stars and I sat dawn and really talked about our finances.  I have a regular income but our farm is VERY up and down.  Some months we have money we can put away and then the next we have to put so much into it we have to dive into what we had put away.  We have straitened some bills out and have made some goals to put money away regardless of what we want.  

Christmas is going to be hard.  I have been in the mindset for so long that I want to wait until December to even think about Christmas but maybe it is time for me to get myself into another mindset of planning ahead.  Getting things year round to spread out the spending.  Our income is just too unpredictable to count on.  Putting the excess away rather then spending on those things we think we need.  I think if we can sacrifice for a few months we can get ourselves back on top.  

This will be challenging.

Any advise is always welcome!  Here's to another good week.

Week 3-4 Summery To Dec 8th

Week three was really good!  Really do not have a lot to report.  

Last Friday we had a late night sale.  We were there from 8am- 10pm.  Made sure I brought lots of veg and trail mix.  They had cookies and nuts and cider and it smelled SO good.  But felt good when I walked by it to get my carrots.  The little battles won ;}  

So far this week (Week 5)

Got really sick last Sunday and am still trying to get rid of the last bit of it..  Really puts a damper on what one can eat.  

Far more sodium filled soup than I should have.  Lots and lots of water!   I have not however been to the grocery  store to get my ingredients for my meat muffins, protein bars or energy bites.  I need to soon or I am going to be in trouble.

Over all I stuck to my guns and whether that, or the sickness, I am starting to come back down from what I had gained ..  Lil more to go and I will be back to my highest lost then I can start chipping away at it again. 

I think your choice of life quest is amazing. I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Also your nicknames for your family are really fun. 

Thanks so much but it has to be done.  Check out the amazing forums and of course the main web page for lots of great info on where to start.  If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them just send a msg.  It is daunting but so doable and SO rewarding.  I will feel better about my goals by the end of this challenge for sure.  This is a hard one but one I needed to set in stone before moving on.  

HAHAH  the nicknames! Yea!  I'm not sure if they share the sentiments of fun ;}  but thanks.

Life Quest update week 4!  

We have managed to put a bit aside for Christmas.  Now if we can just keep it there.  We paid off one loan and that will help to be down to just the two vehicle loans!   I am hoping to have that taken care of by Feb-March.  

My Sun and Stars and I are trying to stick to allotting ourselves to a solid amount of cash so we are not constantly diving into the account for lil extras,  

This week (Week 5)

• I need to get to the store and get my ingredients for my healthy snack.  
  • Keep up on my water intake.
  • Make some inspirational quotes/pics to hang on the fridge and at my desk.  Lil reminders to help me out.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines