• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

My primary focus at the monent is actually to gain weight. I have a ridiculous metabolism or something. Honestly just lost 2 pounds in an hour talking to someone. I'm pretty fit for an average. I can make a mile in 10 minutes. I walk about 7 miles a day at work. I work building maintenance for a hospital. I pull quite a bit of weight doing the trash. Normal stuff lol. I'm currently doing a workout trying to build my biceps so my arms don't seen so thin. Using a 20 pound dumbbell, I work till it burns. Then I do some more.

On the weight bit, I'm 5'10" and weigh something close to 130. I want to weigh between 140 and 160. My current body fat percentage is around 7% and I wouldn't mind keeping it there. I have a runners build and doubt that will ever change. That's about my only goal really.

I like nature and am currently learning more survival skills. Mainly working with fires. I've always wanted to do parkour, but I live in swampy woods. I'm not crazy about getting ripped, but I do stay lean. I'm working on getting stronger. I've worked out my shoulders, chest and forearms mostly. I'm a good archer, excited by blades, learning blacksmithing, can cook almost anything, love nature and technology. Yeah I'm getting a degree in IT. Strategy games entertain me as well. My personality type straddles INTJ and INTP.

So, I'm thinking I'd fit into either the ranger,assassin, or scout group. And I know I'm a druid lol.

the adventurer's guild is a good place to hang out until you get your bearings. lots of other NF newbies with similar questions. i'm a ranger, even though the activities i do tend to be a mix of assassin and druid with a good helping of warrior stuff and not much scout at all. i'm a ranger simply because i'm a jack-of-all-trades type, and i like the flexibility of the guild. it sounds like you might fit in here, too. however, if you're trying to bulk up, it might benefit you to visit the warrior's guild for a while.
on the note of bulking, right off the bat i would say that you should be lifting heavier things [again, the warriors can help you out here with specifics, thought there will be plenty of knowledgeable people in the other guilds as well] probably at least 3 and up to 5 times a week. if this gets boring, body weight training is another viable option. also be sure to eat a caloric surplus, and you'll be well on your way!
welcome to NF! i hope you find a guild that feels like home!

Thank you for the welcome. I think I'm leaning towards the ranger and assassins. I like body weight exercises alot. The chin up and pull up variety particularly. I was able to do quite a few several months ago. Lost a way to do them lately though XD. More running and walking seems counterproductive.

Hey Kan just a quick suggestion, If your looking to get bigger arms WORK THEM TRICEPS. The triceps cover 2/3's of you arm and can really add some bulk. Good BW exercises for your tri's are diamond push ups, Dips (I do these of the side of bath) and i am not sure what they are called but if you get into the press up position but rest on your forearms and hands flat on the ground then without lifting your hands off the ground try and push up onto your hands. That last on is hard, a good progression for it is to do the same action but on a bar around your waist height. Hope this helps.

Thanks I didn't know what dips were for until now XD I'll look info them. I used to have great triceps from shooting my 60lb bow all day. I stopped for over a year now so it's hard to swing back into that. I appreciate any advice, I'm a knowledge sponge XD

°~°

Heh yeah I miss it too. I did go out and shoot my recurve a little a few weeks back. I was surprised at how much skill I had retained, but I still haven't really picked it back up due to the weather.

°~°