is there something wrong with me

Kan

I'm not trying to discourage you or say that your recent efforts aren't the right way to go, but just a bit of a reality check/caution here... it sounds like you've been seeing changes since you added protein powder, but it's been what? less than a week? Putting on true weight (especially muscle mass, instead of just trying to pack on fat) is a pretty slow process. I'm not saying you haven't added anything, but keep in mind that the first thing that happens is you start retaining water and extra food in your gut. You puff up and your scale shows an increase, but building muscle takes a while and some sustained effort for most people. I think you might be in for a longer, slower process than you're realizing here, and that can lead to discouragement and abandoning plans much too early. 

I've never done a significant amount of bulking, so I don't have a good time-frame to give you, but I'm sure someone else (read: waldo) can. 

Are you following paleo?  It may not be right for metabolism.  I know it goes against the traditional advice of NF, but maybe you should add in carbs. Rice, oats, corn, whole grain bread, potatoes, nuts, beans, fattier cuts of meat, milk and cheese. These things are dirt cheap and the calories add up fast.  That's why they were eaten by cultures in times of scarcity.  They kept people who were engaged in lots of physical activity alive when there wasn't much else to eat.  We continued to eat them out of habit and nostalgia as our culture moved into abundance and now people are overweight everywhere. But if your metabolism is that high, then they are exactly the sort of things you can and should be eating with no ill effects.

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Hi Kan, my 2 stepsisters have to take pills to gain weight, as eating alone does not suffice. I can check the name of the pill if you want. For instance, my older stepsister is super thin, eats like crazy, trains like crazy, and takes this pill. I think it mostly makes her hungry as she won't eat much otherwise. I'll ask her and let you know :)

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Hi Kan, i have the info : cyprohetadine

apparently you can find it over the counter at pharmacies. She says to take 1 per day, not 3 as stated on the bottle otherwise it would make you sleepy :)

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Been awhile since I was here. I was following it but tapatalk didn't notify me of the posts XD. Yup, definitely a slow process. I barely made it to 135 lb at the end of my last challenge. This challenge I've actually been less focused on the eating, and been working out. I've done alright on getting some muscle. Weight has dropped back down to 130, but I'm happy anyways. I just mostly wanted to feel healthier I suppose. I no longer feel like I'm too thin. My scale may not be accurate either XD my main way of scoring myself is if I look too thin. Since I can't see my ribs, I'm doing alright.

And thank you for doing that research for me. I'm not a fan of medications unless they're absolutely necessary. I'll look into them though. If improving appetite is what they do, I'd go broke XD

°~°

°¬° 

Are you walking 7 miles per day for fitness? Or is it more "lifestyle" stuff like a combination of transportation, an active job, and a dog who needs lots of walking?

If you're doing it (or some of it) for fitness, you might consider cutting back if your goals are for weight gain.

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

I don't have anything to add about weight gain (I have the opposite problem) but I wanted to tell you that in the US (where most chickens are kept in deplorable conditions) only about 1 in 30,000 eggs has salmonella. Salmonella only gets into eggs that come from sick chickens, so if your country has better standards for farm animals than the US does, and/or you get organic/free range/humane certified eggs, the chances of getting salmonella is pretty low. It's almost non-existent if you raise your own chickens and know that they are healthy and well cared for. 

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Oh thanks. I wasn't sure about salmonella honestly. I may consider raw eggs at some point then. And the walking is all on the job XD I do building maintenance for a hospital, so I get around alot. Though things have slowed down a bit lately. My cardiovascular health is still very much important to me though. I've focused more on muscle gains as of late. I think what I've learned is that alot of the food on the market is really pretty empty these days. I've gone to making most of my own foods and I've noticed quite a difference in the amounts I've needed to eat. Thanks guys for all the advice though, it's really appreciated.

°~°

°¬°