I officially begin today

Kan

To the best of my abilities, this quest shall be completed. Hell hath no furries that will stop me. But life might XD.

Main Quest- gain between 10 and 20 pounds of muscle. Preferably in areas you can poke my bones.

Steps of this quest.

1. Eat at least 3000 calories a day.

2. Do the beginner body weight circuit until I can do it 3 times without feeling any burn. Then move on to something better.

3. Get at least 8 hours of sleep

Life quest- get some decent workout gear: buy overcoming gravity, paperback edition. Buy a full body weight suit that is able to hold up, so good quality. 10-20 legs 5-10 arms 30-50 torso. Maybe more.

-------

This is for when I get a chance to get on a computer

Hi there. I'm a resident of the US, Southern region specifically. I'm sortof a jack of all trades guy. I have a horrible tenancy to jump from thing to thing. My main sticking points are archery, guns, blades, The Elder Scrolls, Dresden Files books, Redwall books, animes, wilderness survival, fitness, health in general, most first person shooters, and good friends. I've done everything from crocheting to blacksmithing, or attempted to anyways. Oh and I can do art. If anyone wants to see my work give me a private message and I'll guide you to my gallery. I do best with own and ink, or graphite and charcoal.

Those taken care of, some really interesting things. First, I'm a furry. I identify mostly with a fox. Lean playful and intelligent. But also quiet and reserved at times. Judge if you must, but know I'm not a suiter. I might would do that some if I had one, but not often. Next, I'm a brony. And Twilight Sparkle is my girl XD I'm not fanatical about it, and I only like the friendship is magic stuff of course. It's a legitimately good show that makes life a little better for me ^_^

I'm clinically diagnosed with ADD so when I go rapidly from topic to topic please forgive me. I can't really help it. Imagine, if I'm typing this much, what all I'm probably thinking.

Be gentle, I'm shy.

°~°

°¬° 

Character level 0 Elf

Male,21,5'10",130lbs.

Primary goal of my beginning quest is to gain some body mass. I'm tired of being able to see every rib bone and feeling like I might die of I miss 3 meals XD. From here I plan to move into the assassin and ranger I'll try to be doing body weight exercises mostly. I think most of my weight gain should come from eating though.

°¬° 

Wow, that's quite the enthusiasm about your first day of the challenge. Good luck! And hint - you can edit your first post in the thread to add the missed word on your life goal) 
Maybe put some way of grading yourself, like how many workouts you want to do per week and etc. I mean, to be more specific.

Lexionidas, level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 3  DEX: 1   STA: 3   CON: 3   WIS: 4  CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Thanks. I didn't see an immediately obvious way of editing it using my phone so a quick reply seemed simple enough. I'm not sure of my workouts yet. right now I'm doing work with a 20lb dumbbell I'd like to move to body wight work though. I'm going to try to see my limits soon.

Lunch today: 2 CP shakes, 4 servings of sharp cheddar and one dark chocolate mounds candy bar.

4 servings of whole milk 600c

2 scoops of body fortress whey protein 340c

4 servings of olive oil 480 c

4 extra sharp cheddar 440 c

Candy bar 230c

So there's 2090 calories if I can do math.

I'm a huge fan of pull ups and chin ups but I don't have a bar. And pine trees hurt... Anyone got tips on body weight exercises? I know elevated push ups is a good starting place. Then do diamond ups then inverted.

°¬° 

On the bit about a grading system, I'm a slacker. So I'm going at this hard. I will have only pass or fail. Yesterday I passed everything except 8 hours of sleep. I actually got no sleep. And I can feel it today to. Everything hurts in its own special way. This workout today will be painful. So I'll go for twice as much as I did yesterday. OK maybe not lol.

Technically not my first day of the challenge but my first day on the site. I've been dieting and working out for the last month roughly. A little less but close. I noticed you were going for the Spartan challenge right?

°¬° 

Hey, good luck on your challenge! Sounds like you're off to a good start.  Some of my fave body weight exercises are "mountain climbers", squat jumps, lunges, tricep dips, and of course extreme ab workouts haha.  I bought a pretty cheap pull up/chin up bar at Target, it installs over a door frame in literally two seconds.  I look forward to seeing your progress to assassin/ranger!

Hey Kan! Good luck on your challenge! Better late then never : )

You sound really quite thin (I had a quick look over your other posts) so it's no surprise that you've had trouble gaining weight in the past. From reading Steve's blogs, it sounds an awful lot like he started out in a similar position to you, skinny guy hard time gaining weight, did work out a lot but not much seemed to be happening. Definitely have a read through his blogs and his resource section on nerd fitness - I have found that the more you know and the more you control (with your diet mainly!) the more results you will see.

From what I've read on this site, there are a few things I think that might be helpful to you on your quest, like the "GOMAD" diet, which isn't really a diet it's more like drink a heap of full fat milk with each meal. Because you have such a low body fat %, something like this super boost of good fat protein and milky awesomeness could do you a world of good. There is also the "Seefood" diet, just eat everything. Junk food, good food, carbs, protien, fat, stuff it all in. Once you start building some solid muscle, then start refining your diet (hopefully by then have a bigger budget too!) and getting some more quality calories.

For your body weigh exercises, check out Steve's beginner body weight routine  and his advanced body weight routine they are seriously great workouts to do, and serve as great templates for building your own body weight workout plans.

Fitness is a crazy world with lots to learn! Even crazier because what works for someone might not work for someone else and so on and so on, we're all here discovering what's right for us - and while that is frustrating now damn it'll be awesome in the long run.

Best of luck with the challenge! Cheers! - Bad Wolf

900 years of time and space, and I never met anyone who wasn't important.

Level: 2 |  Race: Time Lord | Class: Adventurer
STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

---

Check out my current Challenge here

See my first Challenge here

It was actually his stories and experiences that got me here. I suppose he's my role model for this. I'm trying whole milk with protein supplements mixed in for the extra calories and protein. That did make me feel a little better actually. And thank you very much for the links there. Navigating the site on a straight talk Android isn't the ideal situation XD.

• Like 1

°¬° 

It's so hard isn't it? No what else is difficult, working out the next day after getting no sleep. I did one circuit of that beginner body weight exercise and was fine until about 15 jumping jacks in. By 30 I had a stich. Not really out of breath but a stitch I one would only get worse if I pushed for a second circuit. My calves were warm after this though. Sleep or no sleep I may not be in as good a shape as I thought. Favorite exercise, planking. I was able to hold 30 seconds without to much protest from my body. And it made my back feel great. That now rivals the "T" ab exercise my karate instructor had us do for my list of favorites. I did finish my 3k+ of calories today. I topped it off with an awesomelette. 6 eggs from home raised chickens , 10 pieces of turkey deli sliced, 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese and 2 oz if Colby cheese. Finish with home grown chives, garlic powder sea salt and black pepper. So all that remains is to best the sleep demons. Probably the most difficult. I'm clinically diagnosed with ADD, and have no trouble coming up with all kinds of ideas. I once designed a pocket network protection devise, complete with schematics, while trying to sleep XD

°¬° 

Hey Kan, welcome to the site! We have exactly the same goals, so i will follow your threat :) sinny people unite lolv

I have a few recipes for caloric shakes i can share. The base is whole milk, oil like canola, protein powder and scandy shake powder. I goes for about 900 calories in a tall glass. Pretty intense. I'll dig the recipe book if you want some.

I like your writing style too, you arevfun to read.

Good luck!

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

Working on getting tapatalk. Ok actually working on using tapatalk lol. Habits.

So I failed my sleep goal again. I'll be looking into methods of achieving sleep. Yoga Nidre predominantly, thank you Edigo ^_^, and whatever else comes up. I've got a friend who's a witch so he may have some ideas. By the way, chamomile tea is awesome. The bag can be used like a compress to get some of the aches out of your body as well.

My legs were some what rubbery today and I had trouble walking in straight lines. Balance seemed very off. So I started speed walking and running around the hospital when able. Don't want people to think I'm crazy <-< doing better now.

°¬° 

One last thing tonight. I set my avi as me. Yep that skinny guy with a glowing light as a head is me. Ok, so bad mirror positioning, but it's the only full body mirror I have access to. For those wondering, I have a thin face, good chin that comes to a nice rounded point underneath my beard. I have one very dark freckle on the... Left side of my nose. And I have longer than shoulder length brown hair that is uber curly. If I let it out of the pony tail I look like Weird Al. Who is one of my heroes, but that's not why my hair is like this. My beard is a natural rainbow. It starts out dark brown on the sides, then goes light brown where the chin begins and is red right in the middle. So what I'm trying to say is, I'm handsome lol. Oh yeah the eyes. They're blue/green. I call then hazel. Depending on something they'll either be blue or green. Typically a greener color.

°~°

°¬° 

For yoga nidra, there is an app for iphone called "yoga nidra", the free trial sesion lasts 10 mins and it's a nice relaxer if dont have much time. You can see if you like the voice. Then he has e0 min versions. They say a 30 min nidra is like 3 hours of restfull sleep.

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

I'll look into it all some time soon. Maybe tomorrow even.

TODAYS RULINGS.

Eat at least my 3k. I failed. I can't even tally the calories. I ate 0.69 ham. That's all the label my grocery store put on there said. So I may have maybe eaten enough but I doubt it. tomorrow looks bleak on the calorie front as well.

Exercise. Failed. I couldn't do any lunges. It honestly felt like I may pull/rip something in the upper middle region of my thigh. I've converted from normal push ups to elevated. I'll be using stairs from now on. Just makes sense lol.

Sleep tonight. 7 hours if I'm lucky. Likely not. Although I am tired so maybe. Update on this tomorrow.

If anyone has anything to pitch in, at any time give a yell :3 I don't bite. Well umm... usually don't bite. Anything is great. Criticism is welcome and appreciated long as it's not destructive.

°~°

°¬° 

7 hours is better than none!  I hope your calorie/exercise go better tomorrow, but definitely be careful with that thigh pain!

And WOOT elevated pushups!  I've been working on my pushup stamina too, but I find that my wrists start to hurt if I overdo it.  Although it's possible I'm doing them with poor form :-/

Yeah I had that happen the first set of elevated ones I did. Wrist pain. I changed my hand positioning and that seemed to help. For now I'm sticking to 10. I'll be moving to something harder soonish I'm trying to do low reps high resistance. Maybe I'll try my hand at inverted. I can't do a handstand yet though so probably not. Maybe just really elevated. Like feet on the wall :3 I only have two stairs that go up about two feet.

°~°

°¬° 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines