Teagarden's Adventure Journal (it's not as exciting as it sounds!)

YOUR QUEST, Should you choose to accept it;

No Jiggly Stomach. Also known as Teagarden's Quest for Self Acceptance.

MISSIONS that you should complete to achieve your objective;

(1) Thou Shalt eat no processed food that comes in crinkly bags (or other wrappings)

(2) Thou Shalt commence bodyweight training at least once a week, twice if the opportunity presents itself.

(3) Thou Shalt continue yoga classes (with a vengeance) AT LEAST once a week, but 3 times if the opportunities present themselves.

(4) Thou Shalt follow the teachings of Steve of Nerd Fitness as if you are a hardcore religious type and worship the internets he writes on.

Complete your quest by: 6/1/2014 (gives me 6 weeks, good practice for later challenges, no?)

Adventure Journal, Day One. 26/11/13, 8:56am.

Starting Stats:

Rebel's Name: Teagarden

Height: 167cm / 5ft 5in

Weight: 68kgs / 150lbs 

Race: pudgy fleshling Human.

Profession: none

Downfall: Late nights, sleep ins and lots coffee.

Level: 1

-----------------------------------------

Teagarden vs the Beginner's Bodyweight Circuit

Almost Successfully completed 3 rounds of the beginner bodyweight training! 

20 squats

8 Knee Pushups 

20 lunges

10 dumbell rows with 6kg weights.

20 second plank, and

30 jumping jacks.

x3 times. 

ACHEIVEMENT EARNED:

complete your first workout:    1/1 

Reward items:

+1 Strawberry Blueberry smoothie with almond milk.

+1  body full of sore muscles tomorrow morning. Feel the burn!

Breakfast was Espresso coffee and banana.

Lunch was sweet potato tart with big side salad.

Dinner was homemade chicken burgers; except I cut the burger in half and filled it with salad instead of using that stack of white bread over there! Woo!

Tomorrow should be a quiet day on the battlefront, just a day shift at work then home for dinner. I will probably be suffering from today's workout so tomorrow I'll let them rest.

• Like 5

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Adventure Journal, Day Two. 27/11/13, 6:11pm.

Teagarden vs the Elevator

I wasn't as sore as I thought I'd be. I'm not sure whether to be happy or bummed.

No bodyweights today to let muscles rest, and missed yoga because of work.

Worked on my feet all day but I ate a little bit less because work was freaky busy.

Did a few laps up and down the stairs whilst setting stuff up too which was I thought was going to suck, until I realised that you could activate the elevator with whatever you needed to carry up in it, and then race it up the stairs and that was fun. 

Breakfast and lunch were the same as yesterday.

Dinner will be a small serve of steak and steamed vegetables.

Tomorrow I'll be able to make it to yoga for the first time this week! 

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Adventure Journal, Day Three. 28/11/13, 3:26pm.

Teagarden vs the Night Shift

I woke up feeling great today. Exercising more has led to me being more tired in the evenings which means I've been in bed and sleeping better, And eating breakfast daily is also steadying any weird stomach things you get from sleeping in and not eating for 14 hours while you're sedentary. I haven't noticed any sort of sugar cravings but I've been eating a lot of fruit so that's probably holding them off for now, although it is something I'm going to have to eventually address if I want to convert more fat into muscle. 

Anyway. I got up at 8:30, had porridge and banana and an espresso for breakfast, and went to yoga. I was feeling quite comfortable in class today, a lot more then I have before, I can now bend at the waist and put my hands flat on the floor with my legs straight. I couldn't even touch my toes a few months ago! 

Went out for lunch with my bestie and what I ordered was supposedly squid salad with cucumber and pickled veges (yum!) But was really just oily sorta squid with some lettuce. Bummer.

If anyone has suggestions for paleo eating out I'd love to hear them :)

Night shift interferes with my dinner plans tonight but I think I might whip up some sort of chicken salad to take along and pop in the fridge. Tonight will be a good test of my self control abilities as well because of all the leftover cocktail function food lying around tempting me. I might get into a bodyweights routine this afternoon just to give my lovely stretched muscles something to think about.

Update:

I fit in a bodyweight circuit between getting home and going to work.

20 squats

10 knee Pushups 

20 lunges

10 dumbell rows with 6kg weights.

20 second plank, and

30 jumping jacks.

x3 times.

next workout I'm going to up the weight I'm using for my rows because they're not challenging at all, plank longer and attempt a real pushup. Tomorrow is my day off so yoga and light meals are for me tomorrow. And op-shopping with the bestie. Everyone loves a bargain. :)

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Four. 29/11/13, 1:00pm.

Teagarden vs un-Motivation

I didn't do too badly with not eating cocktail food at work last night, I think I downed one bruschetta before I remembered that it was bready, not just tomato and onion. Whoops! And most of the other food was either floury or creamy, but I did get a few chicken satay sticks that weren't too bad, sans the peanut sauce. My partner was making cheese toasties when I got home which I had to really try not to cave in to - I love toasties :(.

Woke up feeling pretty fuzzy from working until late last night and with aches all over so I gave yoga a miss. Had a banana for breakfast, and an apple and pineapple juice as a midday snack. I've been thinking about super powers and what mine would be if I could have it so I might doodle something and get back to you. 

Made "breakfast muffins" for lunch (ahaha) consisting of bacon and eggs in a cupcake tin, I've frozen a couple so hopefully they'll be good lunch. I slipped with dinner a little bit; I had already promised my partner I'd cook him chicken and leek pie for dinner (pastry and cream, grarrrfgh) but I limited how much I had and I didn't feel too bad. 

Massive shift at work tomorrow, let's hope my self control makes a cameo in my day at the least.

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Six. 1/12/13, 1:26pm.

Teagarden vs The Double Shift 

I didn't get a chance to update this yesterday, after my 15hour endurance test shift at work, I crawled straight into bed and didn't get up till midday. I'm okay now. So, a recap of yesterday (Day Five, 30/11);

Breakfast was Espresso, no banana because I tried my breakfast muffin and it heated up all weird and unevenly and put me off breakfast. Half cold and half hot egg? Whoops. Oh well.

Lunch was Moroccan spiced chicken wings with lemony couscous and orange and spring onion salsa, (bought from work) at around 11:30am and then a few more espressos in between then and dinner, at about 10:30pm, which was roast beef with potato salad (leftover buffet food) which I didn't really eat much off because I was ready to fall in a heap. I was pretty ready to give up on diet and health and everything but my partner and I have been watching Chuck (for the millionth time) and I've found my level 50. Sarah WalkerThe ass kicking super hot talented super spy who constantly saves Chuck's life. Well, maybe not level 50 but she's a good inspiration; her fitness looks like something I could achieve and I need to believe I'll be able to achieve it otherwise I won't even try. SO, fuelled with new inspiration, today so far looks like this;

I slept in (unintentionally, sorta) but I grabbed a banana for brunch, and made broccoli and cauliflower fritters for lunch.  I've also prepped a salad consisting of kale, lettuce, sweet potato, walnuts, sweet peas and feta for dinner at my parent's place. Mum's making lasagne which I'm going to go for just a little bit of; there's no way I'm upsetting my mum by not eating her cooking haha. I'm glad I persevered today instead of giving into cravings and gorging myself out of self pity, because I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm going to hold off on the exercise until tomorrow, everything hurts. :(

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Seven. 2/12/13, 9:36am.

Teagarden vs Monday

Typing this real quick because I have to be somewhere, I knew I wasn't going to get to yoga today due to life getting in the way, so bodyweights instead;

Pre-workout snack of espresso and banana.

x3 sets of the following:

20 bodyweight squats with a 4kg weight in hand

2 proper pushups and 8 knee pushups

20 lunges

10 dumbell rows with 8kg weight

25 second plank

30 jumping jacks

And then an egg, a rasher of bacon and a few sprigs of asparagus for breakfast and now I'm off!

-------------------------------

Interlude

-------------------------------

And now I'm back. Had a mix of salad-y things for lunch courtesy of a friend, one was chickpeas, one was caesar and one was like a greek salad, with tomatoes and feta. And dinner is probably going to be Thai chicken and probably some stir fried stuff as well because we're going out to a friends.

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Eight. 3/12/13, 8:29am.

Teagarden vs The rest of your life

ACHEIVEMENT EARNED:

Stick with your routine for one week    1/1 

Reward items:

+1 Rebel Fitness Guide

+1 Rebel Strength Guide

Now I have these two books I'll probably start following the fitness guide instead of just floundering around on the ground. Even though I've only been at this for a week I'm already starting to see small changes like being able to get up earlier, being hungry when I get up (that's such a weird feeling!), I definitely feel a lot less bloated and when I eat I need to eat less as long as it's good healthy food.

I won't be able to go to yoga today, but I start work soon and that should fulfill my 30 minutes of exercise (if it gets busy or not) but if not maybe the dog and I shall go for a walk when I get home.

Had espresso and a cauliflower and broccoli omelette for breakfast.

Lunch was spiced chicken wings and, more espresso.

(A bit slack, I know, but they were free and someone was supposed to bring me leftovers but didn't until later.)

Dinner just now was turkey burger patties with salad and cranberry sauce and sweet potato chips and cheat-y steamed veges from the freezer.

And tomorrow I'm going to start following the Rookie (level 1) routine in the Rebel Fitness Guide, I wasn't feeling nearly sore enough this morning to have worked hard enough yesterday!

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

I slept in (unintentionally, sorta) but I grabbed a banana for brunch, and made broccoli and cauliflower fritters for lunch.  I've also prepped a salad consisting of kale, lettuce, sweet potato, walnuts, sweet peas and feta for dinner at my parent's place. Mum's making lasagne which I'm going to go for just a little bit of; there's no way I'm upsetting my mum by not eating her cooking haha. I'm glad I persevered today instead of giving into cravings and gorging myself out of self pity, because I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm going to hold off on the exercise until tomorrow, everything hurts. :(

Broccoli and cauliflower fritters YUM!!! kale, lettuce, sweet potato, walnuts, sweet peas and feta salad YUMMM!!!! I know what I'm having for dinner tonight (and I have some pomegranate seeds to add to the salad YUMM!!!)  :D  Sounds like you're doing really well so far, keep up the great work!

If it's important, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.
Don't sacrifice what you really want, for what you want right now.

I resolve to not die with my dreams still inside me

Broccoli and cauliflower fritters YUM!!! kale, lettuce, sweet potato, walnuts, sweet peas and feta salad YUMMM!!!! I know what I'm having for dinner tonight (and I have some pomegranate seeds to add to the salad YUMM!!!)  :D  Sounds like you're doing really well so far, keep up the great work!

Thankyou! I feel like I'm doing quite well, making myself log it is definitely helping me keep on track.

Adventure Journal, Day Nine. 4/12/13, 8:20pm.

Teagarden vs Rookie Basic Training.

Started today with my espresso/banana pre-workout wake up snack.

Warmed up, and then started Rookie Training!

2 Sets of...

15x Straight Leg Deadlifts with 6kg weights
15x Overhead Dumbell press with weights Wine bottles full of water.
there was no way I was able to lift those 6kg weights above my head and I had nothing else. I'll have to think of something else for Friday.
10 Split Squats on each leg
15x One-armed Dumbell Rows with 6kg weights
8x Bird dogs on each side
...completed.

Then 10 minutes of cardio on the exercise bike that was gathering dust in the corner of the lounge room, then stretched. And done!
I had a leftover turkey burger patty as a quick breakfast as I was rushing out the door to work.
Lunch was leftover szechuan fish soup and glass noodles... And there may have been free chocolate cake involved. Actually, I dropped it and couldn't serve it so eating it was like punishment.
And dinner will be "porcupine meatballs" - beef mince and onion and a little bit of rice rolled into balls and boiled in diced tomatoes. I'll also throw in a serve of frozen veges just for some colour on my plate.

Tomorrow is my first christmas party for the end of the year so hopefully I can find something to snack on that won't throw me off track, but at least having to drive myself home again limits my alcohol intake.

Stonie

They/Them

Wow, you're doing really great. I know initially it doesn't feel like you're getting anywhere and like it'll take forever to make significant progress, but if you just hang in there you'll be amazed at the change in a few weeks.  Just keep eating healthy and exercising at least a little bit every day.  Even if it's just stretching and walking.

Space_Elf, Fallohide Hobbit Level 0. STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Battle Log | 

Science fiction is an existential metaphor, that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said: "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Wow, you're doing really great. I know initially it doesn't feel like you're getting anywhere and like it'll take forever to make significant progress, but if you just hang in there you'll be amazed at the change in a few weeks.  Just keep eating healthy and exercising at least a little bit every day.  Even if it's just stretching and walking.

Thankyou! I've struggled balancing exercise with my full work week this week, but I guess I;m not the only one in the world trying to do the same so I'll get there. :) I feel like I'm doing quite well now I so if I cave into cravings now I'm going to kick myself into a stupor. :tongue:

Adventure Journal, Day Eleven. 6/12/13, 9:01am.

Teagarden vs TGIF.

Forgot to update yesterday because well, not a lot happened, I had a rest day on the battlefront and went to work instead; My motivation was starting to slip yesterday and I gave into a scone with jam and cream, but I didn't end up going to the christmas party so I had one glass of wine when I got home instead. Work is starting to become a large emotional drain on my happiness but that's a story for another time so I'd better hurry up and type this so I can go to work again;

Today's workout (after warming up of course);

2 sets of each...

15x Squats (these were too easy today)

8x Knee Pushups

10x Step-ups (also too easy)

15x 1-arm Dumbbell rows with 6kg weights

10x Hip raises (also a tad too easy)

20 second plank

Finished by 10 minutes of cardio on the exercise bike and a stretch and then an egg, a rasher of bacon and Kale chips (I'll explain later) for breakfast and now I really should go.

Okay, so lunch was Thai fish cakes (not sure what fish but it wasn't fishy-tasting this time) on cabbage salad with sweet chilli sauce. Pretty much the only meal on the menu at work that isn't gluteneous.

And we ended up going out for dinner, but thankfully I managed to find a chicken salad on the menu which didn't taste too bad. I do however have a new-found sympathy for people with real dietary intolerances who eat out and can't find anything. A customer actually said to me "do you know how many salads I've been offered from cafe's?" Probably heaps, but I just carry the food mate, I don't grow it and cook it too. xP

Stonie

They/Them

I feel like I'm doing quite well now I so if I cave into cravings now I'm going to kick myself into a stupor. :tongue:

hmmmm does kicking yourself into a stupor count as a workout I wonder?  :playful::highly_amused::devilish:

hmmmm does kicking yourself into a stupor count as a workout I wonder?  :playful::highly_amused::devilish:

Heehee, Probably not, although I'll use anything as an excuse to say I've worked out. :tongue:

Adventure Journal, Day Twelve. 7/12/13, 2:57pm.

Teagarden vs The Weekend.

Today is another rest day; a sleep-in and then breakfast and then christmas shopping. 

Breakfast was an egg, a rasher of bacon and more Kale chips - bite-size pieces of kale with a light spray of olive oil and some salt and pepper and bung it in a hot-ass oven for like 3-5 minutes and you've got yourself a healthy crispy tasty side dish. My love didn't believe me when I told him it was better then bacon but it's a close second.

We went out and bought each other our christmas presents today; I got a food processor and he got fishing rods, so I'd really like us to try and catch some fish we can actually eat, but let's get back on topic. :) 

Lunch will be something as soon as I get up and have a look at what I can fashion out of whatever I have left in the house.

Dinner will be steaks with vegetables and sweet potato chips - sprayed with olive oil and baked in the oven on hot until ready. 

Chips made out of baked vegetables = Winning.

I still haven't made it to yoga this week but there is one more class on tomorrow morning so I'm pretty much determined to go to that one, especially to pre-"atone for my sins" because the work christmas party is on tomorrow evening and I'll probably be coerced into getting drunk with the girls. We're going out to a Thai restaurant though so at least protein and vegetables shouldn't be too hard to come by. 

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Thirteen. 8/12/13, 4:23pm.

Teagarden vs The Christmas Partay.

I managed to get to yoga this morning, yay! I feel like all my energies have been realigned after my shit-house week at work, and I've just survived my 11 year old niece-in-law's birthday party with only minor dietary infractions to make up for tomorrow in weight training. I wanted bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning, but I must have been so out of sorts when I left the house to go to yoga that I forgot my wallet and couldn't buy more eggs :( So I ate the last banana and had espresso and then we had lunch a bit later anyway so I didn't miss much. Lunch for me was a small piece of steak, a spoon of each of the 3 different salads, (There was a strawberry and mint one, a quinoa and carrot one, as well as your standard garden salad) and a curried egg.

Dietary infractions included a glass of white wine, a "fun-size" snickers and a piece of birthday cake. (how are they "fun-size" when they're tiny!? Nevermind, I'm off topic.)

And I'm not sure about dinner yet until I get to the restaurant.

I feel like I should be harder on myself for eating cake and knowing I'm going to drink more wine tonight BUT if I try too hard to begin with I know I'm going to crack my motivation and come January 1 I'll be back to square one. Hopefully keeping the rest of my diet in check will keep me on track enough to see small changes, and once holiday season is over I can fully sink myself into being healthy and lifting heavy things.

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Fourteen. 9/12/13, 8:24am.

Teagarden vs The Hangover

... Just kidding, I'm fine. I kept my portion sizes small and only had a few glasses of wine last night and I got up this morning feeling good. :) I slipped up on entree's a little because the samosas and spring rolls were coated in pastry but urghghgh they tasted so good.

I upped the weights on my rookie workout so it wasn't as easy as Friday's and I sweated a lot and nearly couldn't finish all the reps which is a good sign.

So, I just completed 2 sets of;

15x Straight Leg Deadlifts with 8kg weights

15x Overhead Dumbell Presses with 4kg weights with my right arm (but only 12 on my left)

10x back lunges / split squats

15x 1-arm dumbell rows with 8kg weights (that was a bit harder!)

8x Bird Dogs (each side)

And then 10 minutes of cardio on the exercise bike (4.5kms in 10 minutes if you don't mind!)

Breakfast was then two eggs and some leftover steak from dinner the night before, lunch was half a bowl of Potato and Leek soup (no bread) and Dinner was inverted tacos - beef mince wrapped in cos lettuce leaves with tomatoes and cucumber - Not an easy meal to eat!

ACHEIVEMENT EARNED:

Stick with your routine for two weeks    1/1 

Reward items:

+3 witty fitness T-shirts

+1 dozen eggs (but you have to go to the shops yourself!)

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Fifteen. 10/12/13, 11:43am.

Teagarden vs Her Subconscious

Suddenly, from out of the darkness in the corner of the room, a hooded figure walks right up to you and before you can even offer it a coffee, it's hand is wrapped around your jaw which forces you to look into the depths of it's black-hooded-ness. It speaks;

"This place is a mess. Clean it up or else."

The hand releases it's grip and before you can react, the hooded figure spins elegantly and walks straight back into the dark corner of the room, disappearing forever. 

Then you realise it's actually lunch time and there are no dark corners, what the hell just happened?

DAILY QUEST,

Just do it! Clean, that is.

MISSIONS that you should complete to achieve your objective;

(1) Thou Shalt do at least one load of dishes a day

(2) Thou Shalt do at least one load of clothes washing a day.

I've decided to pick up a side quest in an attempt to clean up my life a little bit more (literally, haha!) I've always been shit at motivating myself to keep the place clean, I always feel like I'm letting my Love down when the house is a mess and people want to come over and we make up some excuse at to why they can't. It's the holidays, I want to have people randomly rock up at my house and have them actually come inside! And since I'm doing so well motivating myself to cook and exercise I figured some of that would rub off onto my housekeeping habits. Admittedly I have been doing better this last week, but the only way I'm going to keep it up is if I'm kept accountable, so I'll add it to my Adventure Journal as something that needs to be done or else. I will work out what the or else means when I mess up. Hahaha. 

Anyway, today so far has been a quiet one, rest day in between weights so I'm expecting to go to work and just have a quiet day; smaller meals to make up for my slower movement. I should probably try and fit in a good 30 minutes of exercise but I'll see how I feel when I get home from work this afternoon, my Love and I might decide to go fishing because the weather is beautiful so that could do it.

Breakfast was like, a, breakfast medley I guess? Two scrambled eggs mixed into some leftover taco mince from last night and espresso to wash it down with. 

Lunch might just be a banana today I think, I'll only be at work for a few hours and I'll be back home so I'll take my 'nana and a nut-snack-medley that I created last night to work with me and that should keep me away from the cakes and soft drinks and juice and wheat foods that surround me.

Dinner will be Tea-Poached Chicken breasts (yes, tea!) with asparagus and probably some steamed vegetables on the side. Or maybe sweet potato chips. 

Daily Quest Complete?

(1) Yes.

(2)  Don't have enough dirty clothes to wash at this present time. I did however take all my clothes out of the spare room and put them away 

so that counts. Shh.

Edit:

My Love and I did go fishing, I even got in a mini jog up and down the beach (probably only 300 metres up and back but it still did me in!) Even more reason and motivation for me to keep doing this, I can't even jog up a beach without wanting to die! 

Stonie

They/Them

I had the SAME THING HAPPEN to me today, It seems like a couple of weeks of straightening yourself up brings on the Hooded Guilt about the house. Needless to say, I think I'll be following your lead and adding some house cleaning to my workout. I would have laughed if someone had told me I would be saying that a few weeks ago!

KEEP IT UP! You're kicking butt!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I had the SAME THING HAPPEN to me today, It seems like a couple of weeks of straightening yourself up brings on the Hooded Guilt about the house. Needless to say, I think I'll be following your lead and adding some house cleaning to my workout. I would have laughed if someone had told me I would be saying that a few weeks ago!

KEEP IT UP! You're kicking butt!

This makes me laugh, I thought I was the only one! I guess getting on track to make my physical well being better opened up my eyes to how messy my mental state was getting too, and now I'm putting more effort into feeling and looking good I've just noticed how shit the mess makes me feel. Also, how hard is it to cook a good breakfast when there are no clean pans (or knives, or forks, or spatulas, or plates... ) in the kitchen?!

And, if you clean hard enough then it could also count as a workout?

Adventure Journal, Day Sixteen. 11/12/13, 8:50am.

Teagarden vs The Supremacy

(yes, I'm a bit slow on the new music uptake but THIS SONG IS FANTASTIC!)

Pre-workout breakfast of Banana and coffee; milk included this time because I woke up feeling a bit "merghghgerhrh" And coffee is like an internal warm hug for me. And doing weights helped too. Having said that;

2x Sets of;

15x Squats (Holding 4kg weights)

8x Knee Push ups (next week I'm going for a proper push up!)

10x Step-ups (With a kick at the top!)

15x 1-arm DB rows with 8kgs (that's still hard)

10x Hip Raises (With 4kgs sitting on my hips)

20 seconds of pain Planking

Completed!

Yes, I did skip the cardio today, only because I'm going to start doing interval training on days between my weight days instead. Which I'm starting tomorrow. Promise. 

Daily Quest Complete?

(1) Yes. I can see my kitchen bench again! (I nearly cried!)

(2) Yes. I'll hang them out when I get back from work.

Speaking of, I should probably get ready. Not sure what lunch will be yet, I've got some leftover patties and stuff in the fridge I can probably take, and a nut medley that I can snack on if I get time.

Dinner is going to be Thai Chicken Curry, With lots of vegetables in it most probably. :)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

And, if you clean hard enough then it could also count as a workout?

[sNIP]

(yes, I'm a bit slow on the new music uptake but THIS SONG IS FANTASTIC!)

Definitely counts as a workout in my book! I'm sure there are metrics out there on how many calories burned during a vigorous cleaning session ;}

And YAAAAYYYY for Muse ;) they rock my workouts!

(on my phone, bear with me here.)

Adventure Journal, Day Seventeen, 12/12/13, 11:50am

Teagarden vs The Downward Slump

I woke up feeling very down this morning, I guess I've been quite happy and motivated this past two weeks so it was inevitable that high ran out. But, I sucked it up, put Muse on and did my interval training and after breakfast and caffiene I felt a lot better. I used our exercise bike for intervals; I actually thought I was going to hate it but after the first two intervals I really wanted to push myself and actually might have enjoyed it a bit. My bum didn't so much though, stupid bike seats :(

1 set of;

4 mins warming up
1min fast pedalling ( approx. 33kph)
3mins steady

1min fast (approx. 36kph)
3 mins steady

1min fast (approx. 38kph)
3mins steady

1min fast (40+ kph)
3mins steady

Then a good stretch and a quick shower and now my thighs feel like they're made of cement.

Daily Quest Complete?

(1) Not yet, got up too late :(
(2) yep. :)

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Eighteen. 13/12/13, 8:42am.

Teagarden vs Fatigue

So my legs are hating on me after yesterday's interval training, but I persevered and did manage to cranks out two sets of weights.

Had a banana quickly before I started because my stomach was trying to eat itself. 

2 sets of;

15x Straight Leg Deadlifts with 8kgs

12x Overhead Dumbells with 4kgs

10x Split Squats

12x 1-arm DB Row with 8kgs

16x Bird Dogs

I also failed my daily quest yesterday (no dishes!) so I made myself do 10 knee pushups and 10 squats with 4kgs as well.

I missed breakfast today because I went with my Love out to the next town where he had to work, but we grabbed an early lunch at the Tavern while we were there. I had "duck salad with thai dressing" which was basically a duck leg/quarter with this huge tasty salad with a slightly tangy/spicy dressing. It was pretty awesome. Although I had to have a cappucino instead of what I normally order for coffee because the waitress gave me the funniest look when I said "long macchiato" and it was too hot to argue about how to make what coffee.

Dinner is a rolled chicken roast stuffed with cranberries and macadamia and some steamed vegetables and sweet potato chips because I promised my Love I'd make them again.

Daily Quest Complete?

(1) Yep. :)

(2) Yes! (go me.)

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Nineteen. 14/12/13, 9:54am.

Teagarden vs Temptation

So I think I've been doing quite well since starting this, I've cleaned up my diet and exercise regularly, and I definitely feel different to a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't even get out of bed before 10 without a shove, and god forbid you ask me to do any housework whatsoever. I was (however) worried with how much I was eating so I downloaded some Aussie calorie counter app so I'll start inputting all of what I'm eating and see how I'm going. I'll also post my resting calorie burning rate and when I exercise later when I get home from my double shift (blergghghgkdjsh.)

I did my interval training today; I'm still getting over the "ugh the exercise bike again?" that my brain defaults to, but I find after a couple of intervals (and a lot of sweat) I was enjoying myself again so I need to remember that adrenaline rush every time I get on to keep me motivated.

Interval Training;

4mins warm up

and 4x sets of

1min fast (increasing speed each time)

3mins slow.

And now I get to walk around work all day. I'm sorry legs!! 

Had banana and espresso before my workout;

Breakfast of an egg, 2 bacon rashers (fat cut off) and 2 asparagus stalks.

Lunch will be a beef mince patty, lettuce leaves, a carrot, and some kale chips for a bit of crunch. 

Dinner was a fritatta with broccoli, carrot, bacon, and spring onions, and also a small piece of chicken from dinner last night.

Daily Quest Complete?

(1) My Love did a thing of dishes for me today, bless him :)

(2) Yes!

Stonie

They/Them

Miscellaneous update;

I did say I was going to post my calorific stats, so here you go;

Teagarden's Basal Metabolic Rate (currently, @ 66kgs, 167cm, 22yo) - 1492 cal

Calories burnt daily (using the Harris-Benedict Formula) - 2313 cal

Amount of calories I need to eat daily to lose weight slowly - 1700 cal

Tomorrow I'll start posting calorie counts for my meals as I've counted them.

Stonie

They/Them

Adventure Journal, Day Twenty. 15/12/13, 2:21pm.

Teagarden vs Beer O'Clock Time

I wasn't going to bother posting today because I'm having an off day and really just wanted to unwind, but I just couldn't keep myself away so here I am!

It's a balmy 28 degrees celcius (82.4f) Where I am so I've treated myself to ONE alcoholic cider. My Love and I have been trying to set up a blow up pool for summer and the first one we bought had two (count them; one, two!) tiny little holes in the fold lines and we didn't discover this until we had it all set up and filled up 3/4 of the way with water (doh!) So I deserve a beer. Also, Australia is KICKING ASS as the cricket and tomorrow will mark the half way point of my challenge here at Nerd Fitness and I'm so pleased I've made it this far.

Anyway, I haven't done a whole lot of exercise today but trying to shove that pool back in it's box was a bit of an effort so that counts... right? 

Breakfast was a piece of the leftover frittata I had for dinner last night (It was huge, I couldn't eat it all!) (155cal)

I'll probably just snack on things between now and dinner, I did have a piece of the chicken roast for a sorta 'lunch.' (280cal)

Dinner was an attempt at cauliflower base pizza, but I got most of the way through cooking it and realised I had no eggs to bind it together so it was really crumbly but tasty nonetheless.

Caulifower pizza with beef mince patty, kale, bacon, cheese (364cal)

Snacks throughout the day;

1x banana (87cal)

1x single shot espresso (1 cal) (haha! awesome.)

1x 345ml pear cider (154cal) (woah!)

1/2 slice of GF DF strawberry tart with raspberries, blueberries and a spoon of greek yoghurt (360cal)

Total Calorie count for day: 1402cal

I was thinking I was eating way too much, but I think I'm just over thinking this. I'll keep counting them and see if it makes any difference to how I feel next week.

Daily Quest Complete?

(1) Yes.

(2) Yes.

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them