• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sawen

Rotating guilds

I am a newbie and like all newbies before me and all newbies after me, I have been thinking about what guild to join once this challenge is over. 

I enjoy working out in so many ways I would end up being some form of warriorrangerasassindruidmonk if I was forced to choose.  I am fairly sure that warriorrangerassaindruidmonk doesnt exist as a guild however so would people suggest I do a rotation of all of them (one per challenge) untill I find one that fits?  Possibly starting off easy with adventurer.

I know I am not stuck with a guild for life and can always dabble in the others once I have settled but I wasnt sure if being in a different guild for every challenge would a) be an effective way to work out or B) annoy the guild leaders.

Things I like doing to work out:
Dancing (of the modern jive variety) -  I figure assassin

circuits - Ranger

gym (with a newly discovered liking for lifting things after being inspired by Staci) - ranger/warrior

yoga to streach out - druid

swimming -?

boot camps-Warrior

and fencing - can't decide if this fits into assain or monk

Also while I am here, can anyone explain the whole level system to me?

That all sounds pretty Ranger-y to me. And don't worry, the floating between guilds doesn't bother the guild leaders... Seeing as I'm a Warrior leader who has been with the Rangersmfor the past two challenges.

As for the level thing, it's based around a D&D basic character sheet. Really, it's just a way to track how many challenges you've completed. In your guild challenges, you'll receive stat points as they're our form of rewards. Some people track it, I personally stopped at some point.. I forget why .

Cool, Thanks for the reply.  It sis good to know that even the guild leaders switch it up occasionally.  I have thought about it and I think you are right, I am a human Ranger who intends to delv occasionally into the relms of monkhood whenever I want to focus a bit more on my fencing (I know its not a martial art but it has simialr styles of training).

As for the levels, I am not sure I will keep track of all the stat points but might keep a track of my level :)

I can second what This is Seth said.

I have wandered between guilds as my needs and interests have changed. 

I have found that being in a guild helped to start off with a group of people with similar goals (lifting, running, etc.) but the most motivation came from developing a small group of people that would check up on and support each other. 

I fould these groups either informally in the guilds, or more formally by signing up with an "accountabilibuddies" group.

I htink in general new peopl take the guild structure far more seriously than they should.  It was just a tool to help group people with similar interests.

• Like 1

Woo fencing! What weapon???

I'm currently in the assassins guild but in past challenges I have worked alongside the rangers and the druids. From what I've noticed, you don't really NEED to be in the guild that specializes in your major goals in a given challenge. Just float around until you find a good fit for you. All of the guilds are pretty awesome so there's no wrong choice.

I love dancing it is awesome and I would recomend Modern Jive (AKA Ceroc) to anyone.

In typical ranger fashion I am a bit of a jack of all trades with my fencing as well due to too much time on the university circuit.  I compete at a national level in Epee, a county and reigonal level in Saber and do foil when I absolutely have to and am needed to fill a team.  Garjan what do you fence?

I suppose its just a case of seeing what mini chalenges happening in a guild fit your current goal the best.

• Like 1

Woo all the best people are epeeists!  I Was pretty much the same when I was at uni but when I graduated I got more involved.  The national circuit in the UK is a lot smaller than what you have accross the pond and so isnt as impressive as it sounds.  A Goal of mine (but not yet a NF goal) is to get in the top 50 of the UK seedings for Womens epee but that is easier said than done.

Yes, epee is the best weapon. Best of luck working towards top 50! I'm close to breaking a few university records, but my primary goal is to qualify for NCAA nationals in the spring. That's the end of season individual tournament for university fencers in the US. It will be difficult, so I definitely need to step up my game and be more dedicated to my training.