Appropriate Gym Attire

HobbitGirl

For most gyms as long as theirs a sports bra underneath its perfectly acceptable.  At crossfit gyms they would encourage you to just work out in the sports bra. 

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

weeeeellllll originally... 'The name comes from the Ancient Greek term gymnós meaning "naked".' sooooo 

I agree learn something new every day.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

I wouldn't personally, but then it's more about what you feel comfortable with. If you want to, go for it.

weeeeellllll originally... 'The name comes from the Ancient Greek term gymnós meaning "naked".' sooooo 

Heh, the random things you learn...

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

My gym is a Bally's. There is a clause in the rules that talks about not wearing clothes that would hurt the club's image or whatever but beyond "no cut-off shirts" it doesn't really specify what that means. Anyway, it was totally fine. 

As for the CrossFit gyms, I've been working with a trainer who has experience with CrossFit haven't been to a real CF box/gym yet. I'm a little scared of two things:

1) death/injury and

2) that I would like it so much that I'd end up rationalizing the $100+ monthly membership fee. 

Help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure

Nothing ever lasts forever....

Only if you are a guy and that shirt is cropped and mesh.

You guys only want to spoil my fun...

Vido Ardes (VEE-DOW ARR-DEZ)
Race: Roegadyn | Class: Ranger | Job: Mercenary | Stats: STR 4 DEX 3 STA 4 CON 2 WIS 0 CHA 1 | Level: 1
EXP to Level 2: Complete 3 sessions at gym per week, for the next 4 weeks | Progress: 3 / 4
Side Quest: Buy new gym clothes

My Battle Log | My Epic QuestMy Fitness Pal Food & Exercise Diary

"Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless." - Godo Kisaragi (FFVII)

Nothing but Bro-tanks and compression shorts for this guy......Gotta get nice and deep like in that squat.

"I've torn a hamstring tendon and re-injured my knee, lower back, and upper back while doing yoga. Don't get me started on shin splints. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, so might as well be strong." - Some guy on the SS forums.

"Heavy is dangerous, but light is no fun." - Mark Rippetoe

"Squats are a good assistance to bring up your curl, as a bonus you can do your squats while your are still in the curl rack." - SJB

It's actually a proven law of nature that the shorter your shorts, the deeper your squat. 

This probably works the other way around....the deeper your squat, the better legs you have, thus the shorter the short you are comfortable wearing in public.

Help me make the most of freedom and of pleasure

Nothing ever lasts forever....

Heck yeah i wear running shorts to the gym i think they maybe have an 8 in inseam...visual dropped boom

See if gym has rules for dress.

One of mine does, one doesn't.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.