Thom the Lycan Ranger vs The Black Dog

Ok Chrissy day was a slow one for me. Only 8054 steps. One serve of carbs in the form of plum pudding.

More importantly the kids enjoyed the day. So I am happy enough.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hand is sore. They dont strap my kind of injury so I have to be careful with it. Every now and then my kids grab my hand, PAIN, but they just want hugs or to hold my hand.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Hmm 9893 steps yesterday. No carbs. I need to push my butt back into gear. At this rate my weekly average steps will drop below 10,000.

• Like 1

That sounds like a good plan Citizenkade. What's the total distance?

• Like 1

Got stuck in yesterday.

2 x 20 squats

2 x 20 lunges

2 x 30 sec planks.

13841 steps

No gluten carbs

I may not be able to do much upper body work, I can build legs like tree trunks and start strengthening my core with planks. I am thinking about exercises to try for the next challenge, which will be my first full challenge. Maybe some form of HIIT, and I have chatted with Terosx about using a sledge hammer as an exercise tool. As a heathen, hammers are seriously cool.

Oh Citizenkade my total distance yesterday was 11km.

Alright have to brag here. I walked down eight flights of stairs without getting puffed. After about ten minutes, I then walked up the same eight with only a slight shortness of beath. Twenty minutes later walked down them again without losing my breath.

About 8 months ago I walked up only four flights and got winded.

Why all the stairs? Unfortunately that isn't so good. My amazing lady is back in hospital :( Her stomach is playing up again. Praying that she doesnt need surgery.

Damn I have just realised that I have one more week before my monthly measurements and photo. I have never been this eager to do my measurements before. I had to set a reminder on my phone calendar or I would forget to take them. Now I am like a kid and saying are we there yet? lol :)

• Like 1

Yesterday was ok on the health front.

11689 steps

No serves of gluten carbs

Citizenkade that is another 9.35km for the day. So 20.35km so far.

• Like 2

Sweet. I might have to try and find a map. So I can put in some milestones on my way there.

9081 steps for the day

1 serve of carbs (my nemesis bread)

So not the best day. However my lovely lady is home from hospital.

Ok Citizenkade I walked another 7.26km yesterday, 27.61km total or 17.25 miles for you.

• Like 1

8292 steps yesterday

No gluten carbs.

I nerded out yesterday playing Total War Medieval II. I may have expanded the Holy Roman Empire, but didn't do much to expand my health. :P

That is another 6.63km on my journey Citizenkade. 4.2 miles. Damn that is a depressing distance.

Happy New Year to my Rebel friends. May your God/s see you.

• Like 1

9885 steps yesterday.

No gluten carbs

7.9km added to my walk to Bree with Citizenkade.

I noticed that I am no longer a newbie, I am now a recruit. Woohoo.

I am starting to apply the actions that I do here to other areas of my life now. Time I stopped "collecting underpants" in several other areas of my life. I know what to do, and NF has given me the additional boost to get off my butt and do it. Six week challenges at a time. :)

Anyway back to recording my efforts, for yesterday,

14118 steps (11.19km)

2x20 squats

2x20 lunges

2x30sec planks

1 serve gluten carbs (and did I pay for it, evil burger bun).

It is good to do sessions like this. Three days until my next measurement day. I am looking forward to it. I am not expecting huge changes, but sharing my growth with you here is exciting, even the bad days.

• Like 2

14830 steps for a total of 11.86km. I have decided that I will use the walk challenge that Citizenkade put me onto as my one of my goals for the challenge. Over the 6 weeks I plan to use my step count to get from Bag End to Weathertop. I have detailed it out, but basically I have increased my step count from 10,000 to 11,500 steps per day.

• Like 2

Yesterday I managed a whopping 17739 steps [14.19km], and no gluten carbs. 

Now for the more interesting stuff, measurement day.

Weight 119.5kg [+1.6kg]

Bodyfat % 35.98 [-0.46%]

Bodyfat weight 43kg [+0.04kg]

Lean body weight 76.5kg [+1.56kg]

Neck 43cm [-1.5cm]

chest 127cm [-2cm]

waist 124cm [-3cm]

hips 117cm [+1.5cm]

Thighs 56cm [-3cm]

Biceps 36cm [+1cm]

I can tell you, when I jumped on the scales this morning I was rather disappointed. Gaining nearly 2kg!

Now if that was the only measurement that I was taking I would be rather depressed. Fortunately the tape measure is telling me a far better story, as can be seen by the differences shown in brackets. Also the body fat percentage dropping nearly half of a percent. My weight gain was in my lean body weight, so muscular gain rather than fat gain, which is good. This shows the importance of taking more than one measurement. 

• Like 3

Yep that they do. I am glad I geeked out and started taking them. I mean an inch off my belly and thighs in a month, and nearly that off my chest (man boobs) I am really happy with that. The weight gain is nothing compared to those losses.

• Like 4