Thom the Lycan Ranger vs The Black Dog

10496 steps yesterday, I will have to step things up a bit to push past my new daily minimum.

Three serves of gluten carbs. Two I had to eat, miss seven and miss nine each baked a cake, Dad had to have a piece of each.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

12251 steps yesterday. The sort of number I am looking for from now on.

No gluten carbs yesterday. Slowly weaning myself off of them.

Today starts our new challenge my friends. We will all do well, I believe in all of us.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Yesterday was the first day of the challenge. I did well.

BBWW

2x20 squats

2x20 lunges

2x30s planks

I am waiting another 2 weeks for my hand to heal before doing push ups.

Stepcount; 12781 which converts to 10.22km (6.35mi).

So on my walk to Weathertop I am now in Tookland.

A decent start to my challenge.

• Like 2

A slow day yesterday, I didn't make my step target, only 9468 steps, 7.57km for the day.

That brings my total to 11 miles, so I am having supper in a birch grove. 7 miles [11.27km/14,000+ steps] to the first day's campsite for Frodo and the boys. 

• Like 2

Another good day.

BBWW

squats 2 x 20

Lunges 2 x 20

Planks 2 x 30

Stepcount 12005, 9.6km

This brings my total distance to 27.39km or 17 miles. So I am about to climb a steep slope to the first campsite.

• Like 2

Got my stepcount up yesterday (thursday 9th) with 16581 steps.

This adds a decent 13.26km to my walking total. I have now walked 40.65km or 25.26 miles. I am now on the road walking through rolling hills past the first campsite.

• Like 3

Silver I have been practicing fireball spells along the way. Yay being a ranger and being able to do the odd spell.

• Like 1

Another good day yesterday.

BBWW

Squats 2 x 20

Lunges 2 x 20

Planks 2 x 30

That is my full three for week one. Great start here.

Step count for yesterday was a respectable 12573, for a distance of 10.06km. Which brings my total distance to 50.71km or 31.51 miles. I am going to stay hidden here as there is a Nazghul half a mile down the road. I am not strong enough (or woman enough) to take on a Nazghul just yet.

• Like 1

Yesterday I got a walk in and was reasonably active. So I ended up with a decent 16908 steps. Which is 13.52km, enough to avoid the Nazghul for now. My total distance is now 64.23km, 31.91 miles walked in 6 days. I am now listening to the Hobbits sing as we walk to our rendevous with the elves.

• Like 3

Nah, they would be like 'slack git, 6 mile a day? You should be doing 20 miles a day.'

When my uncle and I walked on the Bibbulmun track we would do 20km a day. About twice what I am currently doing, with 17kg on my back. That was a decent days walking.

Thankyou for the compliment though. I am happy with my progress so far.

• Like 1

Hi Thom. I'm Skigh. Nice to meet ya. Read through your daily log over the last month. I just started nf with this challenge. I'm finding that reading daily logs is so much more useful to me than reading Facebook news feeds of people complaining about anything. Reading your log is very motivational. Keep it up. Looking forward to following along.

• Like 1

Skigh

Asura Assassin / Level 2  / STR 2 / DEX 0 / STA 3 / CON 2 / WIS 2 / CHA 2

Current Challenge | War Journal | Challenge #1

You're welcome Skigh. I am glad you have enjoyed my log. I do agree NF is much better than FB. People also know how to construct sentences here. It is refreshing to read about people making positive changes in their lives. Nerd Fitness is full of awesome folk making a better life for themselves and families by extension. I am inspired by the awesomeness if those I follow.

• Like 1

So yesterday was the last day of week one. It was a quiet day for me, I only got 9851 steps in. I did move some furniture though, which the hand survived. 

Onto my walk to weathertop. I walked 7.83km so that brings my total up to 72.06km which is 44.78 miles for the week.Just over a mile to go to the second day's campsite [46mi].

Now over to update my challenge log.  :onthego:

Ok second mini challenge is up for the adventurers. Build a support team. I have a great team of friends on NF already. However I want that point. So I have joined TerosX's RPG Fanatics guild and will add my email to my profile page. Feel free to email me if you want guys. I only bite if you like it.  :devilish:

Now for my update, I did well yesterday, my stepcount was a decent 13,645. So I walked10.92km, that brings my overall total to 82.98km or 51.56 miles. I am now in the belt of oak trees, and heading towards Farmer Maggot's fields. 

BBWW

2x20 squats

2x20 lunges

2x5 inclined pushups [had to test the hand]

2x30 planks

My hand coped with the push ups so I will try kneeling pushups on Wednesday, then I will look at adding the rows back in next week. I will also need to start increasing my other reps as well, 

• Like 1

Hey Fellow Fanatic !  Do you have a challenge thread with goals, or do you update only on here?

I do have a challenge thread that I update once per week, and just reply to any topics there. Here is where I do my daily updates. I can post my challenge log to the guild as well. 

Yesterday was my quiet day. I didn't walk as when school returns my kids will be going to Ballroom Dance class, Tuesday evenings will end up hel busy. So I have allowed for that in my schedule.

I did 9363 steps for 7.49km. That brings my total to 90.47km, or 56.21 miles. So I am now I am at the Marish [sic], a bit worried about the Black Rider we heard earlier.

• Like 1