Thom the Lycan Ranger vs The Black Dog

Well the Black Dog hit me hard lastnight, so I didn't even log on to NF.

I now have two days to update.

Wednesday:

Stepcount:15324, 12.25km walked

I got so caught up in reading peoples logs that I forgot to do my BBWW. oops

Thursday:

stepcount 9538, 7.63km walked

I did the BBWW yesterday morning to make up yesterdays slip up.

Squats 2x20

kneeling pushups 2x5

lunges 2x20

planks 2x30

I can do pushups again yay! Next week I will add my one arm rows back in.

Now where am I on my walk to Weathertop? After the last two days I have now walked a total of 110.35km, or 68.57 miles. I am now on a wagon having passed by Farmer Maggot's place and heading towards Buckleberry Ferry.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Woops! it can get addicting to read the forums, can't it? Still, you are making great progress, Thom! I'm glad to see you are back to doing push ups! Keep rocking it!

I ditched facebook about 2 years ago.  I much prefer socializing with all the awesome people here.  I do tend to have lots of threads to check. 

You don't need to update constantly.  Trust me, it's better off to pace yourself and make notes as opposed to posting all the time and falling by the wayside by week 3 of the challenge.  That always seems to be the hardest week for people on here.

• Like 1

I missed 2 days and had to update 3 today. If that makes ya feel better. (Insert Annie reference to sun showing its face on the proceeding day)

Keep it up. I like the idea of walking through middle earth. Might have to start logging my own journey sometime. 

• Like 1

Skigh

Asura Assassin / Level 2  / STR 2 / DEX 0 / STA 3 / CON 2 / WIS 2 / CHA 2

Current Challenge | War Journal | Challenge #1

It is a good idea, Citizenkade put me onto it. He shared a link on my log as well.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Friday was a bit of a washout for me. I woke up with a sore knee so took it easy.

Only 8870 steps for the day.

On the plus side I received the paperwork to apply for the NEIS programme. I just need to put my basic market research together and go in on Monday to hand it in.

• Like 1

It hasn't been too bad today. Managed the BBWW routine ok this morning (Sat).

• Like 1

Ok yesterday I did ok. As I said my knee held up during the BBWW so I am happy about that. Surprisingly the lunges helped my knee feel better. I must have slept on it funny.

BBWW

Squats: 2x20

Push ups: 2x5

Lunges: 2x20

Planks: 2x30

So that is my three in for the week. With push ups returned. Next week I will add the one arm rows back in. So looking forward to getting some pulling exercises back into my routine.

Yesterday my stepcount was low again 9328, 7.46km.

My new total is 124.91km or 77.62 miles.

So on my journey to Weathertop I am nearly at the bonfire glade in the Old Forest. Hopefully I can do a decent walk today to finish week 2 on a strong note.

• Like 1

TerosX I smell sweaty me when I plank.

Anyway yesterday I managed to get my walk in. 12,400 steps for a total of 9.86km, which brings my total to 134.77km or 83.74miles. So I am walking along a path through the forest, gently going uphill.

• Like 1

The Mother in Law, bought my daughter a vegetarian cookbook the other week. I am drooling as I read the recipes.

Yesterday I reworked my BBWW routine it now has three sets. The number of reps have gone down per set, however I will increase these steadily until I reach 20 reps per set. I use the jumping jacks as a warm up and cool down.

BBWW

Squats 3x12

Kneeling Pushups 3x6

Lunges 3x12

One Arm Rows 5kg 3x12

Planks 3x35

Stepcount

Low yesterday, kids had nightmares so I didn't sleep much. Napped the morning away oh well.

7779 steps for the day. 6.22km which moves my total to 140.99km. So I am at the 87.6 mile mark of my walk to Weathertop. At the top of a knoll in the forest. I have scouted the perimeter as the Hobbits ate (again).

I feel really good about my revised BBWW. I so need to build upper body strength if I want to reach my long term goals of pull ups and clapping pushups.

• Like 2

Great job! Three sets is like 50% more than what you were doing! Are you doing them as a circuit or are you doing them separately?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

*Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer*

Moomin 3 - Heart of an Adventurer

2 - Maintenance therapy 1- Keep charging ahead

"Life is akin to sailing against the current - forge ahead or be washed downstream" -- Ancient Chinese proverb

I figured it was a good way to increase my workout without over extending myself. Also I hate uneven sets, it really bugs me. So reducing the number of reps to fit the extra set in comfortably and still push myself further.

• Like 1

Moomin I am doing them as a circuit. With about a 90 second rest between circuits.

I am now doing 18 pushups instead of ten. My squats and lunges are down to 36 from forty, but I wanted to make sure I did three sets with decent form.

• Like 2

A better day yesterday for my stepcount. 11,594 steps in that is another 9.27km to my total. Bringing it up to 150.26km or 93.37 miles. Merry just found a path by the river for us to skirt around the wetkands.

• Like 2

Ok yesterday was a mixed bag for me. My beautiful lady dehydrated and had to go to hospital last night. She is ok and home again, but going to bed at 4am after I bring her home is not good.

My morning was dominated by the Black Dog, felt blergh. My stepcount is down because of it, 8277 steps. Only another 6.62km added to my total. 156.88km which means I am now 97.48 miles into my journey. We are now on our way to Tom Bombadil's place. I told those Hobbits there was something odd about that old willow tree.

I did my BBWW routine yesderday.

Squats 3x12

K-Push ups 3x6

Lunges 3x12

One arm rows 3x12

Planks 3x35 sec

The last two planks nearly made me crumble. But I held on just enough.

Looking forward to more sleep today.

• Like 1