Good bye GrimmThing

Hey awesome nerds.

This is a goodbye of sorts.

Over the past year and a half, you have been incredibly supportive in my chronically inconsistent attempts to get strongerand healthier.

I, however  have been growing more and mopre depressed, if you've noticed.

Over the past month it has gotten really bad, and some old bubbling issues started swirling and swirling, and things exploded.

I had a breakthrough and my mood and motivations shot up.  Here's the part that might seem a little weird.  I think my gender identity is female.

I've been running from that thought for at least 25 years.  I would much rather things make sense without having to admit that, but life isn't fair.

Once I admitted that to myself, my mood skyrocketed and life became easier.  I haven't had a screaming fit, and I've even been showering.  I don't really have it figured out.

Yeah, so the corpulent gargantuan depressed ogre that has been grumbling about here was an amazon in disguise.  Of course I'm still trapped in the form of an ogre, and any changes other than losing a lot of weight are not planned at all.

What is helping is being semi-anonymously open about it with a very supportive group of people.  So yeah, my posting persona has changed.  I've decided I felt dishonest about having created a second persona,so I'm just letting you all know where GrimmThing went.

So, Relunctant Amazon says hello.

My re-introduction thread:

My New Challenge:

• Like 5

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

Way to go Amazon, we're here for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Congrats and admiration for the self-discovery, and I'm glad it's allowed you enjoy life a little more. If that isn't self-justification, I don't know what is!

Way to go.

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

Damnit, Reluctant Amazon! You DO realize you've just discovered the Secret Level of Epic Awesomeness, don't you? You have no idea how many of us biological females would KILL to be on par strength-wise with our male peers! And !!!BAM!!! you're actually there!

You've got some serious amazing ahead of you. :-D

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Wow, big realisation. Really happy for you, I hope this brings a new lease of life, and I genuinely hope your journey continues in a positive direction. :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

tumblr_ltsli8lFG11r5qrimo1_250.gif

Whatever the future holds, you are now more prepared to face it.  Good luck on your journey.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Well not sure I agree about the strength thing.

Developing actual defined deltoid a and traps was caising me a lot of emotional discomfort,

No idea what the future holda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

at some point you will come to realize and accept that your body is what it is.  Many of us struggle with the limitations we hold because of it.  But even with the gender identity search/hunt/realization... you need to remember your body is what it is.  what you may dislike- may be someone's dream body part... and vice versa.  And that's okay- but just realize there is only so much you can do about it- but that we ALL struggle with "I wish my X was a little more like a Y instead"

hugs.

Do what you need- we are here for you. :D

Hello reluctant amazon/ grimm thing!

All the best for you in your future journey. The brother of my favorite powerlifter, a mighty well renowned cartoonist called Laerte Coutinho, came out as a travestite some years ago. I don't quite understand the details of his identity, but he dresses as a lady and he has been very activist about it since his position in the media is so proeminent. Since he's come out, a lot of his work has been openly about gender identity etc, but even before it and even now when it's not about it, he's never short of genious.

Maube you can find something that inspires you in his work: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/09/03/laerte-coutinho-comes-out-as-transvestite/ There are a couple of links there to the comics. I've chosen the only link in English can find because, you know, we're all brazilians, the cartoonist, the powerlifter and this here four-eyes :) But even if you don't find anything in your language, google him. I think he is really an inspiration.

Stay strong!

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

Nerd Fitness member in a messed up state wants help, but not in a public forum.  send me a PM if you are willing to let me blather about my life over email.

Got  a lot of supportive words, haven't responded to them all yet, but it's helping.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log