Half Way Check Point!

bigm141414

Ah, that's a shame BigD! How can we help out on the accountable side? I know how it goes when you have to juggle a lot of things and sometimes sleep falls by the wayside. I ended up ditching most of my social life back in the day because I had finally had enough of 4 hour nights.

Haha I thrive off four hour nights! Honestly, flood my inbox. Wether here, facebook, e-mail, txt, etc. I need to be held accountable 24/7! I have a link to my facebook, anyone is welcome to add me as long as you check in on my wall and let me know who you are.

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Don't be too hard on yourself! I'm all for honest assessments, but that includes fully accounting for your successes as well as your failures. (I say that as much to myself as to you, because it's a big issue for me. Based on these two lines you wrote, I'm addressing it to you as well, although if you're already fully aware of that, I hope you'll accept it in the spirit of supportiveness it was intended!) Improving three areas of your life while one of your goals falls short isn't really a failure -- you're still doing some good, and hard, work. Don't write yourself off!

Thanks! I may be hard on myself, but I do try to savor the good things. For the most part my diet has gone unshaken. I'm not in total control of what's in the kitchen so a lot more processed food than healthy food makes its way into my fridge and pantries. I think because of this I'm becoming a master in portion control haha. I've kept bread at about a 10% of my daily diet, which is good for me considering my diet used to consist of bread in some way at least once a meal.

I want to be as strong as I need to be. Physically, as well as mentally.

"Even a reject can surpass an elite, if he trains hard enough!" - Goku

I refuse to fail!

Ray, Lvl 2 Orc Monk

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge
Facebook / Twitter
^^FRIEND ME/FOLLOW ME^^

Thankfully, Thanksgiving in Canada is in October, so I have a bit of a leg up on that one vs. my American friends....

My goals involve doing pullups and eating a cleaner(-ish?) diet - and today I did my first pullup!!

It is pretty ugly, but I feel REALLY good about getting this pullup under my belt.

I haven't been great at keeping a clean diet, but I haven't been eating fast food or anything from tins... I would rate this a C or so at the half way point. I've been better this week and I'm sprint towards the end with a primal diet it my sights.

• Like 1

#projectpullup2013

First 6 week challenge: sarahlindsay vs. fitness

I joined this challenge at the end of Week 2 so I came up with a goal that I knew I could achieve in the time remaining. So far it's been awesome. Turns out posting in the Level 1 Club was the push I needed to get me on the right track. I am on track with nutrition and exercise goals and already feel more energetic and stronger.

The best thing for me in all this is the realization that I can actually apply my nerd skills in the area of health / fitness - i.e. acquire knowledge, develop skills, planning and achieve goals. I used to be overwhelmed by the mere thought of getting fit, now I know it's just a matter of knowing your stuff and applying that knowledge. Also, it never occurred to me that you could totally nerd out with personal data (which I somehow used to think was only limited to the scale and nutrient labels). I am keen on going full blown nerd and collecting, analysing and monitoring my data for body metrics, exercise performance and blood work. (It's ironic because this is the kind of analysis I do for a living.) Thanks NF team and rebels for putting the nerd fun back into fitness. Cheers and good luck to everyone.

P.S. Don't celebrate Thanksgiving where I live, but reading NF has helped me to prepare for such events. I am 100% confident that I will kick Christmas's arse this year.

• Like 1

"There's nothing wrong with being a Crow. When you compare them to the poor caged birds that have forgotten to fly,crows are much better, being a Crow is good enough for me." -Takiya Genji, Suzuran Boss

I'm doing better this go-around then the last challenge (hence the repeat). 

I've learned that my diet is not as good as I thought it was but that I exercise much more than I thought I did...trade off I guess. At least now I know what to focus on for my next challenge.

Level 1  Wild Elf Druid
Introduction, Battle Log

Challenge #1,  Challenge #2,  

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." ~ Joss Whedon

"Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go." ~ Walter Bishop

Hey guys! Here's how these three weeks changed my life:

I have started training muay-thai and goin 3-4 times a week.

I have become more outgoing, even though it's cold as fudge.

I have started eating healthier - new types of vegies, more often.

I have been reading a lot, expanding my interests and i feel really good about that.

I feel better about myself, by just a little bit. Hope my body feels the same way! ^^ 

• Like 1

Lexionidas, level 2 Human Adventurer

STR: 3  DEX: 1   STA: 3   CON: 3   WIS: 4  CHA: 2

Current Challenge

I'm glad to hear the amount of progress that is happening in this challenge right now. So bravo, people!

post-9764-Grumpy-Cat-clapping-gif-V3L6.g

My Progress right now:

My stated goals in this challenge was to start exercising and to clean-up my diet. So then, as of today, I'm happy to report I actually have been consistent with both these goals during these past several weeks. Though, I will admit at times there were the challenges (turkey-turkey day being the worst), I was able to keep the fat-kid in me at bay at least long enough to not be that lame guy who eats when no one is around (I did beast-out when my cheat day came up the following day, though.....small steps. :tongue:).

Anyway, besides my diet goals, I have also been doing great at the gym. Making sure to edge out some time most mornings, I have been able to actually make some awesome strides in my lifting goals, including my deadlifts (295 lbs) and my bench( 205lbs).

Goals coming along well!  I could probably be contributing a little more time to parkour, but since essays and exams are kind of smacking me in the face right now, I'll take what I can get.

Gym goals are coming along amazingly well, though.  I think I may have miscalculated in setting bodyfat percentage goals - I'm losing, but probably won't hit the goal.  Oh, well - I'll remember for next time.  And I'm progressing at a reasonable pace, so I don't mind.

Life goal?  Hahahaha essays.  I'll be able to get back into it once they're done, though, which will be a great feeling.  I can still reach the goal, I just have to get the essays done first.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

I have stuck with my goals… pretty much. One was too easy another too hard, one I don't really care about and the last one just right for me. I think this first challenge was good so far in that it helped me get more focused on what is important to me. I had originally thought I was destined to the monks, but now I think Druids. We will see in a few more weeks or at the start of a new challenge.

We do not rise to the level of our expectations in a fight.

We fall to the level of our training.

Week 4, so I'm one week overdue for the 3 week check in. So far, so good. Here is me:

I've stopped using elevator or escalators whenever stairs are available.

I've cut my empty calorie food intake from a few daily empty calorie snacks, to just one a day.

I've started running a 5k two times a week.

And I've completed all of my Christmas shopping, way before present are due.

Baby steps toward a healthier, more active me. I didn't bite off more than I can chew, and seeing success has helped me build so momentum for future challenges.

I'm also late for my half-way check in, but I feel so much prouder of my progress this week so it's all good :)

I've been pretty split on the success of my goals:

Goal 1: Run 2x a week. I've been super successful, and I even ran today in the snow (first time ever) and felt so proud. 

Goal 2: Get 8 hrs of sleep/night. This has been half-half. I'll usually get 8 hours all but 2 days, though this has gotten even worse the past week... so I'mma work on that.

Goal 3: Improve my performance at burpees and pushups... pretty unsuccessful. I haven't increased the number of reps I can do at a time, but my form has definitely improved :)

So that's my report!  I'm loving this supportive community :P

Okay so now I'm halfway in my challenge, since I started late.  (Do I still get level up stat points?)  My quest is injury recovery, and my ankle is definitely showing signs of improvement!  Today I ran at 5 mph for three minutes and it felt fine (I'm being very cautious getting back into running) and I've gone from 4" on the wall touch to 4.5"!

I definitely am more consistent with everything knowing that I've got a score to get.  I'm a lot more likely to actually do my PT exercises when I'm feeling all "bleh I don't want to today, I can do them tomorrow" because I know I have to do them 3 times a week or I don't get all my challenge points!  So even without any accountabilibuddies, just posting on this forum is absolutely getting me on track.

Butts.

Somehow I totally missed this last week when I was updating in my own thread!  So now I'm seeing it a week late, but I've stayed on track AND I'm happy to say that as of yesterday, out of necessity, I ended up going to Torrid to buy new jeans and I easily fit into (and bought) a pair of size 18 jeans.  That was one of my major goals so it was exciting to see that in just 4 weeks I'd made it happen.

Loving this challenge!

• Like 3

Emmevee

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, Level 4

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 12 | WIS 14 | CHA 11

Comparison is the thief of joy.

A man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. ~ Nick Fury

Challenge One - Complete!

Challenge Two - Complete!

Challenge Three - Complete!

My goal weight is 80 lbs less than where I started.  I started at 219 on 10/13/13 and today (7/20/14) I'm at 160!  Which means I'm

73.5%
73.5%

of the way there!

This challenge has been amazing. It's brought so much a awareness to what I eat and why I eat. I'm also more aware of body and it's responses to exercise and other stimulus.

Thanksgiving went well for me. Lots of salmon...

I feel like I should change my goals though. The water goal has been met and I can say with confidence that it is a habit that I developed. Other than water, I usually just drink coffee, tea, and home - brewed kombucha. Looking back on my food logs the beverages that stick out are the occasional (read: once a week or every other week) diet cola or sparkling water. I have noticed an increase of the diet soda lately, most likely due to socializing and catching up with friends and family. I know I want to so something about my soda consumption, but I'm not sure if I should cut it out completely or revert back to my occasional consumption.

Also, I would like to tweak my diet goals. Eating breakfast, like drinking enough water, has become a habit for me. I would like to try a ketogenic diet. I feel best on a very low carb diet, however I haven't been monitoring my macros close enough to induce ketosis. Perhaps a different goal involving keto or managing my macros would be the evolution of my diet goals.

My exercise goals will remain the same. I want my primary focus to be on the 90% of success that takes place in the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well done everyone on your challenges - keep up the good work!

My goal was to get stronger and fitter to pass the WFTDA's minimum skills for roller derby by doing the beginner's body weight workout 3 times a week (in addition to 5 hours roller derby training a week and sprint training 3 times a week), introducing paleo to my diet and getting enough sleep. (I'm sure there was something else, but I have completely forgotten it!). The first two weeks were epic - I learned a lot about nutrition, switched to around 75% paleo and was starting to look toned and defined. I had bags of energy! I went from being able to do one press up to doing seven, and was woring on improving my squatting technique. I lost half an inch around my stomach but gained nearly an inch on my thighs and hips and, while I was not sure what to make of this, I felt pretty good. Then I got the flu and had to take a week off from the gym and, as my fiance is bulking and not quite ready to fully embrace the paleo way of eating (too many horrid veggies for his taste), my diet hasn't been as clean and low carb as it would have been if I was well and cooking. Also, I definitely have not been getting enough sleep.

So, I don't look or feel as good as I did just over a week ago, but there is still time to get back on track! I am not back to 100% strength as this flu bug is really sticking around, but I went to roller derby training on Sunday and, although I wasn't able to give it my all, was signed off for receiving repeated blocks and giving repeated blocks and whips - hooray!! Blocking was my big worry because I am quite small and light and haven't fully mastered some of the skating techniques needed to swoop into another skater and deliver a really big hit. Saying that, I did knock over a girl twice my size with a fully legal block and no one sent me flying, so I was doing something right! I went back to the gym yesterday and, although I have lost some strength, I think I am going to move up to a more challenging workout regime, either Barbell Batallion or  the bodyweight equivalent. I have made some positive changes with this challenge, and have found the community to be very inspirational so will be trying my best to smash this challenge and build some good habits for the future.

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

• Like 1

Great progress everyone! Parts of my challenge haven't worked well with life...I kind of knew that at the beginning but should have planned a little differently.

1. Running...have run 3x/week, but haven't gotten in the 10+ mile run each week. Trying to adjust the goal so I can still have a chance with a good effort in the last couple weeks.

2. Drinking water...doing well on this. It's a definite change for me and I think a good one.

3. Workout DVD...still have a fair bit to do but should finish on time.

4. Social side quest...putting in effort but finding it hard to find new things to do right before the holidays. Need some creative thinking.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hey everyone! I joined a week late on the challenge and i am beginning my 4th week. The first 2 went well, i learned a lot of things and had to tweek my goals a bit to make them work for me. I find that a few are hard to achieve especially the sleeping one. Going to bed at 9 is mostly undoable, but 10h is fine and already an improvement from what i used to do.

Than week 3 was a failure. I felt sick in the beginning of the week and didn't train. then my son got sick, i didn't train at all, and i had my christmas party. Sleep was bad, breakfast i did have everyday but didn't make good choices. So a bad week...

Now i want to go back ontrack, but find it hard si ce i amso tired, and didn't train monday. Today is train day and i really have to kick myself inthe butt, idon't want to miss it again.

Overall i am happy to have found this community. I am thinking better goals for the next challenge and hope i can finish this one proudly with an improvement of my life,even if its tiny.

I am proud of this community and insopired by everyone here, the energy is awsome. Thanksfor this!

• Like 1

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

So far it looks pretty normal to have a week where you don't make any progress on the challenge. I think the important thing is just to stick to the challenge until the end, no matter how well you stick to your challenge. I think it is a momentum thing. Your first challenge might suck, but each challenge you improve and after a year of challenges BOOM, you hit some major life goals. Just a thought…..

Hey everyone! I joined a week late on the challenge and i am beginning my 4th week. The first 2 went well, i learned a lot of things and had to tweek my goals a bit to make them work for me. I find that a few are hard to achieve especially the sleeping one. Going to bed at 9 is mostly undoable, but 10h is fine and already an improvement from what i used to do.

Than week 3 was a failure. I felt sick in the beginning of the week and didn't train. then my son got sick, i didn't train at all, and i had my christmas party. Sleep was bad, breakfast i did have everyday but didn't make good choices. So a bad week...

Now i want to go back ontrack, but find it hard si ce i amso tired, and didn't train monday. Today is train day and i really have to kick myself inthe butt, idon't want to miss it again.

Overall i am happy to have found this community. I am thinking better goals for the next challenge and hope i can finish this one proudly with an improvement of my life,even if its tiny.

I am proud of this community and insopired by everyone here, the energy is awsome. Thanksfor this!

My personal thought...if you get derailed and have a hard time making yourself start again, just do ANYTHING to start. Tell yourself you don't have to do everything you planned (although you might surprise yourself once you get started). Even if it is a very small workout, it makes a big difference in starting back up.

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

My personal thought...if you get derailed and have a hard time making yourself start again, just do ANYTHING to start. Tell yourself you don't have to do everything you planned (although you might surprise yourself once you get started). Even if it is a very small workout, it makes a big difference in starting back up.

Yup, thats what got me restarted this time in week 5. Week 4 was a bust, but I just started again at half steam just to start again.

• Like 1

I've been doing pretty poorly - achieving about half of my set out goals.

• I wanted to do MMA 2x per week and I've been doing once per week.
  • I moved house and finished my exams, but there are some serious issues with the house that remain unresolved.
  • I've been doing badly with cycling - I got very little done. It's improving now though.
  • I've managed to improve my eating a whole bunch - I'm still eating junk, but far less than I was, and my main meals have been a lot more healthy (and they've been better portion sizes). But I gained weight despite that.

Every good thing has a bad thing attached. I'm going to say it's still an improvement, but it wasn't as much of an improvement as I had wanted. I need to knuckle down.

• Like 1

Level 1 Gluttonous Pixie Monk

Str 4 - Dex 0 - Sta 1 - Con 1 - Wis 4 - Cha 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines