What novel(s) do you read over and over?

What a great topic.

My #1 goto book to reread is "Time Enough for Love" by Robert Heinlein (or anything by him that catches my eye really)

#2 has to be "The Diamond Age: Or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer" by Neal Stephenson I just love the growth of the main character from child to leader of the "mouse army".

After reading everyones lists I want to reread many of them ASAP.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

I re-read children's books a lot, like a lot of you guys.  My favorites?

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Harry Potter, of course.  Usually I re-read Sorcerer's Stone.  It's my favorite, I think, because it is when there is all this excitement, this whole new world, and Rowling does a really good job with that.

For me, re-reading is about finding something younger within myself, finding a comfortable place, reliving something magical.  So children's book fit the bill nicely.

Level 0 Adventurer

(STR) 0  -  (DEX) 0  -  (STA) 0  -  (CON) 0  -  (WIS) 0  -  (CHA) 0

The Bachman Books - 5+ times

The War Book - 3+ times

American Gods - 3 times

Reaper Man - 5+ times

Good Omens - 4+ times

Wee Free Men - 3+ times

Weis & Hickman Dragon Trilogy - 5+ times

... There's gotta be more than that.

• Like 2

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

For me its "Kafka on the shore" by Haruki Murakami, "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman, " Thief of Time" by Terry Pratchett ( am I really the only Discworld fan in this threat?), and when i'm in the mood for an easy to read thriller without much emotional depth i like to read the Pendergast series by Preston & Child

I adore Terry Pratchett.  I keep all the books that I buy by him, but I haven't re-read anything yet.  I'm sure I will.  I love Gaiman, too.  Neverwhere is a classic.  Have you read Good Omens?

• Like 1

Level 0 Adventurer

For me its "Kafka on the shore" by Haruki Murakami, "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman, " Thief of Time" by Terry Pratchett ( am I really the only Discworld fan in this threat?), and when i'm in the mood for an easy to read thriller without much emotional depth i like to read the Pendergast series by Preston & Child

I adore Terry Pratchett.  I keep all the books that I buy by him, but I haven't re-read anything yet.  I'm sure I will.  I love Gaiman, too.  Neverwhere is a classic.  Have you read Good Omens?

Level 0 Adventurer

Level 0 Adventurer

I've read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (a trilogy of five parts) by Douglas Adams more times than I can remember. In fact they are they only fiction books I have read more than once other than Little Green Men by Christopher Buckley and Only You Can Save Mankind by Terry Pratchet

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Vido Ardes (VEE-DOW ARR-DEZ)
Race: Roegadyn | Class: Ranger | Job: Mercenary | Stats: STR 4 DEX 3 STA 4 CON 2 WIS 0 CHA 1 | Level: 1
EXP to Level 2: Complete 3 sessions at gym per week, for the next 4 weeks | Progress: 3 / 4
Side Quest: Buy new gym clothes

My Battle Log | My Epic QuestMy Fitness Pal Food & Exercise Diary

"Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless." - Godo Kisaragi (FFVII)

Yes I have, and i loved it, unfourtunately I have only read a badly translated german version. I mean to reread it in the original version for quiete some time, but always forget about it when i'm in the book store or on amazon.

Endomondo                Battle Log                  Current Challenge

Patriot Games and the Harry Potter series

The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. -Arnold Schwarzenegger

First Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39628-zombiekiller25s-first-challenge/#entry768856

I rarely re-read fiction anymore (too many books – not enough time), but some books I have reread multiple times are:

• The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Pyle
  • The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Shea and Wilson (Hail, Eris!)
  • Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein
  • Glory Road by Heinlein
  • The Hitchhikers Guide Trilogy by Adams
  • A Christmas Carol by Dickens (the Reader’s Digest version used to be a Christmas tradition)
  • Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

A Song of Ice and Fire, obviously -- no way to get everything there is to get in one read thru...plus I like to update myself before the new season comes on.

American Psycho -- the first book that ever really rocked my world, so I go back to it about once a year.

The Magicians / The Magician King -- Harry Potter for Adults, super dark themes included.  Amazing read, gets better each re-read.

Night Angel Trilogy -- picked this up after a clerk at Powell's in Portland saw me picking up the A Feast for Crows, and for whatever reason it falls right up my alley.  Re-read at least once a year.

I also tend to re-read, like, Book 1 right before Book 2 comes out, or Books 1 and 2 before Book 3 comes out...so I re-read a ton of Fantasy stuff.  

LEVEL 0 - Bosmer Ranger

STR: 0 -- DEX: 0 -- STA: 0 -- CON: 0 -- WIS: 0 -- CHA: 0

Level 1 Challenge Thread

“Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.†- Al Swearengen

I Write Stuff

I know this is an older post, but I was uber excited to see someone else who enjoys the Sword of Truth series.  I read the first one, "Wizards First Rule" in the sixth grade.  I actually faked sick and skipped school to read it.  Since then, I reread the whole series when a new book comes out.  So I have read the first one at least thirteen times. 

• Like 2

For me it's "The Lost World" by Arthur Conan Doyle; "Last Chance to See" by Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine (non-fiction,though); and anything by Terry Pratchett.

So much so that I have forbidden myself from re-reading any Discworld books until I've read at least 20 new books (8 so far; current one is "Kraken" by China Miéville).

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

I re-read Shogun pretty often, James Clavell rocks.

All the sherlock holmes books except for Study in Scarlet or The Hound of the Baskervilles.

Most Terry Pratchett books I've re-read into oblivion, but especially Nightwatch.

Any Niel Gaimen book that's at hand, or Douglas Adams.

Oh and a crap ton of Martial Arts books Flashing Steel,Katsu Jin Ken-Living Karate, Tao of Jeet Kune Do, 3 translations of Go No Sen, and a bunch of Masaaki Hatsumi books. Those I just kind of cycle through constantly.

• Like 1

currently on my 3rd/4th re-read of Steven Pressfields 'Gates of Fire', really can't wait for Brandon Sandersons 'Words of Radiance' to come out so i can re-read 'Way of Kings' (i freaking loved that book, read 200 pages in a single night shift once) i've also read Peter v Brett's 'The Painted Man' a few times (got to read the previous couple of books when a new sequel comes out! i've also done that with Eragon, Harry Potter (each one 4-5 times), Killer of Men and pretty much every book that i've picked up at the start of a series) 

I have a voracious appetite for new authors and books, so mostly I read a book only once before it goes on the shelf forever. I've re-read the Song of Ice and Fire series thus far a couple times and I plan to re-visit my misspent youth soon by re-reading all David Gemmell's novels, which had a HUGE impact on me as a reader and a fantasy fan.

There are so many good books in the world that i seldom go back and re-read one because there's always another gem around the next corner. I've read Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut three times though. Holy crap, it's good!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

I have a voracious appetite for new authors and books, so mostly I read a book only once before it goes on the shelf forever. I've re-read the Song of Ice and Fire series thus far a couple times and I plan to re-visit my misspent youth soon by re-reading all David Gemmell's novels, which had a HUGE impact on me as a reader and a fantasy fan.

Druss the Legend FTFW!