Sleepy after training

First I thought it natural and went with it, when I could. I thought if your body needed sleep and you were at leisure, why not take a nap?

But now it's too much! :) And I'm not always at leisure. 

Everytime I train I feel really, really tired afterwards, like an hour or two later. I can't do anything else that day if I don't sleep, I can't study, can't go out, can't do the housework.

Does anyone get it too? Does anyone know a "cure"? :D

2syITuC.gif

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

Happens to me. I go to sleep. Not a problem since I train at night.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I make sure I don't train on an empty stomach. Usually I have lunch before training (like one to two hours before), but if I feel lunch is "gone" by the ime I leave to the gym, I have some fruit with coconut milk or açai or something sweet like that. For lunch it's usually veggies and meat or eggs, sometimes rice or pasta too.

After I usually eat carbs, like more fruit, veggies with tahine, sometimes even bread if I have to eat out, and I try to eat some protein too, eggs and chicken usually.

Worst case scenario, I have a rich smoothie, usually açai.

I can't really train at night because I teach till late :(

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

I too tend to get really tired after training.  Really tired.  I've had bloodwork done and this turned up nothing, though it was a pretty standard panel so it could be that it missed some key, niche marker, or that I was barking up the wrong tree.

I nap a lot.  On and off I drink a lot of coffee.

How often do you train?  I'm trying to limit myself to every other day and no more than 2 in a row, and including more gentle, restorative stuff like yoga in case it's a matter that my "overtraining" limit is lower than other people's and it's TLC, not iron discipline that's in order.

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~