Ramen and Vegetables

Drgnslyr1992

Tons of sodium in the mix, and the noodles are fried in cheap oil. You can find much better noodles, but they will set you back a lot more than cheap Ramen. You can get buckwheat noodles in most store's Asian aisle. Try chuka-soba, which has better nutrient density, or rice noodles. If you want to stick with Ramen, add some veggies to it to help balance things out a bit. You could also crumple up a sheet of nori instead of using the flavor pack, or serve your noodles in a fresh veggie broth and toss the packet out alltogether. All that sodium and MSG is going to wreck your progress!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

What about rice? You can make rice ahead pretty cheap and then just warm it up. Or regular spaghetti noodles? Or only using half the packet of seasoning for the ramen. Sorry, the mom in me is cringing at the thought of you eating that much sodium every day.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Rice is a great alternative to noodles, and pretty cheap, like Elastigirl says. You can cook up a ton of brown rice and just re-heat it when you're ready to eat it! I'm also cringing on the sodium intake, it's really, really bad stuff in the levels those seasoning packets have!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

As far as protein goes I've always eaten a lot of eggs, peanut butter, or had milk throughout the day. And at dinner I usually eat whatever is left (no leftovers the next day). For example I had 2 pork chops with dinner and when it looked like everyone had eaten their fill I took the last three and munched on them over the course of an hour before bed. Like I said, the ramen is more of a snack than anything. I found out the steam packs of veggies also have steam packs of brown rice, so I'm going to get those when we go to the store.

I am with the others, I cringe at the sodium in Ramen noodles, they are generally loaded with it and wonderful MSG....if you really like noodles, have you ever tried cooking a spaghetti squash? After you cook it you get something like noodles without the carb load, and you could, for example, toss it with feta cheese or a tablespoon of a cheese like parmesan or romano (just not too much), or toss it with a bit of olive oil and a (little) bit of salt and garlic powder, and it won't be expensive and makes a lot. My favorite it to toss the noodles with some olive oil, some chopped up green olives, sundried tomato and a bit of garlic powder, very mediterranean and can be eaten warmed up or cold.