75c69a76619411e3b8660e09ee4ff8a7_8.jpg

It's been a year since I lost 40lbs and have kept it off! I just recently discovered my love for weight lifting a few months ago and am never looking back. It's been an amazing journey and I can't wait until I hit my goal and push through my plateau. (Been sitting at this plateau for about 8-9months) 

Never give up. Find your limits and push through them! 

I promise, the journey is rough at times, but the way I feel now, worth it a million times over.

xx

Jess

• Like 5

SW: 193lbs

CW: 152lbs

GW: Healthy/Strong

Lost 40lbs of fat, working on building muscle with heavy lifting. 

Follow me on Instagram (jdoiron) or Twitter (@jdanielledoiron

Also visit my website for healthy recipes and some life advice! (From my experience) jessicadoiron.com

Fellow nerd in training. 

Halifax nice! That's great too! I'm from Moncton, NB :P I recognized the name Doiron ;)

Keep at it ^^

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

Halifax nice! That's great too! I'm from Moncton, NB :tongue: I recognized the name Doiron ;)

Keep at it ^^

Very cool! I'm originally from Riverview, nice to see a fellow maritimer! ;D

Also visit my website for healthy recipes and some life advice! (From my experience) jessicadoiron.com

Fellow nerd in training. 

Very few of us here, I bet you speak chiac like I do then xD

Ouai! ;D

Fellow nerd in training. 

Great job! You've nailed my concern -- I've list 30 lbs, can I keep it off for a year?

Level 5 Half-Dwarf Ranger

STR 15 - DEX 11 - STA 5 - CON 13 - WIS 13 - CHA 10

Attack Your Weaknesses!!!

Challenges: 1 (c&j) | 2 (c2b) | 3 (DU) | 4 (OHS) | 5 (DU+OHS) | Fitness Goals 2014

History...

• Started CrossFit in April 2013: 205 lbs., 0 pull-ups, 10-minute mile, 2:00 500m row, could barely air squat
  • November 2013: 175 lbs., 15 pull-ups, 8-minute mile, 1:34 row 500m, 235-lb. squat
  • December 2013: 19 rounds of Cindy, Fran 9:09
  • February 2014: DL 315, clean 175, c&j 155, snatch 125
  • March 2014: 25+ double-unders, 95-lb. overhead squat 1RM
  • April 2014: 47 DU; c&j BW@175
  • May 2014: 4x OHS@95
  • June 2014: 1:30 row 500m
  • July 2014: first muscle-up, first HSPU
  • Before and After Photos

Wow! Thanks sooo much for sharing this! You looked in your before pretty much like I look now, and my goal is 40 lbs - and getting to look pretty much like YOU do now.

Do you care to share the specifics of how you lost the weight, how long it took and what you've done since?

Great job!

Hey! 

I really just started eating healthy, went almost paleo (removed breads and heavy staches from my diet) I did have wraps for a while but now I'm completely off bread entirely. I also stopped drinking milk and only have a small amount of feta cheese once in a while for my healthy fats. 

I did a lot of HIIT training (You should definitely check out Turbo Fire, I swear it was a big reason I lost so much!) But really it comes down to a healthy balance. It took me from June to November to lose most of my weight and I have since kept it off for a year by staying active and staying healthy! 

Once you get in the mindset, and habit, it becomes easy and just everyday. I don't even think about making my food anymore, it comes naturally! :)

Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any more questions :)

Great job! You've nailed my concern -- I've list 30 lbs, can I keep it off for a year?

You certainly can. Believe me I have a hard time saying no to chocolate and such things but the thing about it is balance! 

(Also I found finding substitutes for my cravings helped A LOT!) 

Fellow nerd in training. 

Woot!

congratulations on the weight loss! Keep rocking! clap.gif

Congrats! You look amazingly healthy and happy!

Wow! Great! Major inspiration! :)

Excellent work!  Keeping it off is so much more difficult than getting it off in the first place...

Thanks guys :) It feels good, some days I get really frustrated with my plateau but it's nice to hear such encouraging words :)

Fellow nerd in training.