No Longer Lurking:

Guest tparker

There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?

About Me:

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 151lbs

I'm just a nerd that really never fit in, even with most other nerds. Having a penchant for geeky things, video games, and a true love of the sciences, yet being on the school's powerlifting team and cross country basically meant alienating myself from all others. I'm currently 26 years old, and am in the best shape of my life. But I want more.

I've never really been out of shape, just varying degrees of how much I put into myself. Immediately after high school, I went to the Marine Corps, where I lost endurance and muscle mass due to not being able to keep workouts up. Got out, started a job, and started letting myself slip a little further. Divorced, and decided it was time to start getting back in shape. It is easier to maintain than to lose. So I took up Tae Kwon Do, and started on the path to becoming an instructor. Currently, I'm a Brown Advanced belt (I'll be testing for First Degree recommended in about 4 months.) On a whim after two years of TKD, decided to just go and run (hated doing it in the Corps, even though I loved cross country.) Managed 5 miles at an 8:30 pace, and loved it. So I kept running and still wanted a bit more. Right now I'm training to do my first triathlon in September. Problem being, I'm a skinny geek, with extremely dense muscle mass. I sink like a rock, even in salt water. But that's not going to discourage me.

My current workout regime is TKD 7-8 hours a week. Running 5 days a week (workouts spread from sprints to middle distance.) Swimming 4-5 workouts a week. Cycling 1-2 times a week. Yoga and gym training at least twice a week. Yes, I'm already a fitness nut.

I don't quite follow a diet plan like a lot do, however my eating habits are my lifestyle, and I'm a firm believer in lifestyle change versus diet. I will state, my diet does not have much processed foods into it, and junk food is not even in the house.

I am a console gamer for the most part now, and love Demons Souls. I've played various MMO's and even run raiding guilds at some point, but have moved away from that as I wanted more in life.

What I'm coming up here for, is honestly to help others start out on the path to fitness and health, and hopefully add some different perspective. I do this as a junior instructor at the studio, and love watching people change for the better.