Combining Endurance and Strength

Hi all! I've been running, sorta, onanoff, for about three years now, but a month ago I got serious and set up a running schedule which will slowly build up my weekly mileage from now to about mid-November. Haven't missed a run yet and right now I'm running about 25K a week (15 miles) and do training runs from 5-8K (3-5 miles) five times a week.

I have never strength trained before (can't afford a gym and bodyweight exercises are what led me to NF).

My question: Is it better/worse/indifferent to do strength training right after my runs (when I will be warmed up) or on my rest days (where I will have to warm up seperately but my legs will be fresher). Given I run five days a week and the Bodyweight stuff is three times a week I'll have to double up at some point anyway.

Weigh in!

We shall run on the beaches, we shall run on the landing grounds, we shall run in the fields and in the streets, we shall run in the hills; we shall never surrender. (With apologies to Winston Churchill)

I think it's personal preference. I like to do my weight strength training before I do my cardio simply because my cardio will tire me out and I wont be able to lift as heavy as I could. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make if you're just doing body weight resistance. It might just be something you want to try both ways to see how you feel and figure out your preference.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."

— Thucydides

An Amazon in Training - Fitblr & Progress. Food Buffed - Food Photography. Advised by Zeus - Personal Tumblr.