Sevenofseven Log Thingy

Sometimes I think those closest to us want us to fail. Because if we succeed, we show up their failures even more.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

We are home!!! Joy!!!

Taking dog for walk when it gets cooler, main concern is to catch up on washing and play with the birds........Thor, Peetree, Gandalf, Sid and Blue, the rats need some love too!

We are home!!! Weights tomorrow as well as walking.

Excited about food again, the last couple of days were a nightmare because of food.......I never thought it would have happened but now I seem to have lost the ability to eat anything and everything......which is a very good thing!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Hahaha, slept through alarm, must have just been too happy being in my own bed again.

Walk and weights did not happen this morning but that's all good, plan on getting to it this evening, big day ahead of incidental exercise.

I have also decided to look more closely at cutting more body fat so some research is needed, but I will continue with current workout and diet.

Might have to make a trip into the pool as well, the weather looks kinda hot for the next couple days.

Update: I weighed in at 98.00 kilo so didn't gain or lose over Christmas! Although I feel a little soggy, have to really concentrate on form tonight and get those muscles working.

Worked out my BMR and expenditure and now have a caloric daily goal. Let's see if this loses body fat!

Weights: NROLW stage one workout B, #3.

Walk: No, but did kettle-bell workout instead.

Wait! What............?

Walk: 57.17 minutes, felt fantastic going up the " cardiac ", I will have to actually see how long the walk is.

Officially 10 kilos gone, down to 97.4 kg.

Will be doing a kilometre in the pool this arvo, have an Inservice for work.

Loving Sunday so far!

Update: did my km in the pool and it felt great, the big surprise was 50 m butterfly, oh yeah! I will admit it was pretty bad form by the time I hit 35 m but I did finish the lap.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Wow! You are doing so well! I am very impressed! I'm struggling just to write down what I eat every day (never mind caring what it actually is at this point), and getting some kind of exercise in! You rock!

• Like 1

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

I suggest the accupedo app for your phone. It has a spot where you can set up your step length. Then you can use your walk to measure your walk. It is what I use for my step count.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Lol, a new phone is on my wish list, my current one is almost 6 years old, back then it was cool! I should just jump in the car and drive it, one day!

Weight: 97.2 kilo

Waist: 101 cm

Walk: 58.45, took it a little easy first off this morning, not sure why, loved every minute of it right up until the dog chased some roos onto the path and one nearly collected me on the way through! The adrenalin rush was a hoot, that got me moving!

Weights: NROLW stage one workout A # 4. Feeling a little tight today, but lifted well and consistently, so happy with that, below is the actual workout.

Squat: 17.5 kilo 2x12

Inclined Push ups: 2x12 ( almost a 45 degree angle )

Seated Rows: 20 kilo 2x12

Step up with 7.5 kilo DB: 2x12

Prone Jack knife on exercise ball: 1x10, 1x12

Cool down stretches and washing hanging out!

I must admit though feeling really tired now, I really need to work on calorie intake, my biggest fear is the " skinny fat ", my biggest goal is lose fat not muscle!

Squeezed in a quick 500 hundred metres at the pool while little lad was eating his sandwiches, I think some people need to learn some lane etiquette though, I felt like swimming over the woman who was more interested in looking pretty than doing laps, who wears a white bikini to do laps??

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Walk: 1hr 5min

Weights: Day Off

Crappy walk, bent over dry retching a few times and I can't figure out why. Maybe something I ate yesterday but looking at food log nothing in there that hasn't been consumed before.......maybe developing intolerance to something, does that happen though?

Anyway the weather reflects my mood beautifully, we have a pea soup fog thing happening with smoke from who knows where from who knows what bush fire, so not only damp but smokey as well, not fun or conducive to happy walking.

Happy New Year. :)

Wait! What............?

Happy New Year everyone.

Sitting here thinking that no Resolutions this year, I am just going to do what I am doing.

Also sitting here hoping that it is a quiet day for the Ambulance and no dickhead is going to need one, because he/she drank too much last night.

Will update later, but I need to walk/swim and do my NROLW when I get home tonight.

Pretty crappy here, Cyclone Chris is making things horrible.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

*sigh* dunno, just seem to make resolutions that get revamped, outsized, overhauled and eventually forgotten. So I guess because I have already taken the leap into getting healthy and staying on the right path it seems to be enough. Yeah I know right, I am boring, no vices to give away.

I am looking forward to my double 7 year. I'm turning 43 this year, 4+3=7 and the year 2014 same, 2+0+1+4=7 so exciting things are coming!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Walk: 56.47, I did this with intervals, although I am hardly pushing the interval thing for now, but tried today to run/jog/jiggle on most of the flat bits of my course, man there a lot of hills, didn't realise how many there actually were until this morning. I found the "cardiac" less awe inspiring this morning which tells me it may be time to move on. I did scope another course the other day which has a beast of a hill about 2 km from home, so by the time I get to it I will be well and truly warmed up.

Question to self, do I stay the course until stage one of NROLW is complete or should I begin a new walk course before going into stage two? Stage two is upping the stakes a bit but adding a new longer harder walk might just shock the system to jump this plateau I think I have hit ( I will know for certain on Monday next at my weigh in ).

Weights: NROLW Stage One, Workout B, #4. It looks something like this:

Deadlift: 1x12 @ 17.5 kilo

1x12 @ 20 kilo

DB Shoulder Press: 2x12 @ 7.5 kilo each hand. These took a bit of teeth gritting.

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 2x12 @ 20 kilo

Lunge: 2x12 @ 7.5 kilo each hand ( 12 each leg per set total 24 ) Oh Ausfallschritte, wie ich hasse dich!

Swiss Ball Crunch: 1x15

1x20

Cool down stretches, feeding chooks and hanging washing.

So even though I didn't do my work out last night, got it done it this morning and it felt awesome, although I ate 1 1/2 hours after workout so that was a little wrong.

Have been working on some goals for my first challenge, if I can talk myself into it with the beginning of work too.

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

C'mon Sevenofseven you can do the first full challenge with me. I have been thinking about a few things for the next challenge as well.

• Like 1

Walk: 58.27, well we took it easy this morning as it. Is plain to see but that's ok, did a lot of thinking and head clearing. It was beautiful this morning.

After I got home one of the lads informed me there had been a phone call while I was out.....WTF, who rings before 8.00 in the morning? I found out as said caller rang again and said I had been cleared by the DET ( Department of Education and Training ) and my first swimming class was at 9.00 am. Long story, but in essence I needed to do another National Police Clearance to qualify to teach at Vacswim ( Vacation Swimming Lessons run by the DET ), because apparently my last National Police Clearance wasn't good enough, What the.......

So breakfast was a pear, and I snacked on fruit and nuts all day, now I am famished, but will wait for dinner to eat, the usual chicken and veggies perhaps! Too much fruit consumed today but I am thankful I had at least that, the cupboards were bare and I was going shopping today.

But I have three weeks work, then a further 4-6 weeks work when the schools go back in Feb, so I am not complaining but I will then be on the lookout for something else, as my Life Quest in the challenge is to put my resume out there and see what happens. Swimming lessons is definitely only seasonal.

I have good classes and great kids, should be a fun three weeks!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Police clearances usually need to refreshed every 2 years or new job. Particularly when working with kids.

Yeah, when people call that early (or really late) Iget very annoyed! Unless I have a pressing need to discuss with them, I usually tell them that they will have to call me back at a decent time if they want to talk with me!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Apparently the Department is overhauling everything, and everyone needs to get new NPC, but I don't understand why the old current ones can't be in place until the new ones are cleared, keeping things going in a seamless transition. I wasn't the only one, a lot of swimming teachers had the same happen which put a lot of Vacswim courses in peril of either closing or dropping classes.

The other option would have been contacting via e-mail all their current teachers and informing them of the changes prior to lessons starting. Who knows why the Department do what they do.

Picked up a job application for part time work at the Recreation Centre..........only 15 hours a week and working for the Shire, but a start eh?

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

Warning; Some of the following content may gross you out, so read on at your own discretion:

I actually had a woot moment this morning, I noticed definition in my arms, legs and calves! I have noticed the face getting thinner and soggier ( a pit fall of losing weight but one I am happy to bear ), but body definition is a hard won victory.

Being on a bit of an "oh yeah!!!" moment I weighed myself 96.8 kilo another woot! Haven't been this weight in a loooong time. Then on closer inspection the woot turned to "ewwwww really", because of the fat loss, the front bum is looking mighty horrendous and oh so depressing. Which turns thoughts to surgery and self depreciation, this thing hanging off the front is not going to go away, my seventh son likes to call the stretch marks my "baby scars", I love that. While I'm at it I seem to have lost a cup size off the boobs, which makes it awkward because most of my sports bras are new, due to incredible motivation to get fit. So I now have ill fitting bras and a front bum I am going to have to tuck into my underwear. Happiness then Woe in the time of a nanosecond.

Anywho:

Walk this morning was replaced with a Kettle Bell workout that kicked my butt, but was used for a warm up prior to weights.

Weights: NROLW Stage One, Workout A, #5. It looked something like this;

Squats: 2x10@ 20 kilo

1x10 @ 22.5 kilo

Push Ups: 3x10 (knee level, not sure of form though, felt like my butt was too high, will get super fit son to check).

Seated Row: 3x10 @ 20 kilo ( I love these )

Step Ups: 3x10 with DB at 7.5 kilo each hand.

Prone Jack Knife: 3x12 on a fit ball, (last set was hard, arms got really wobbly!)

So pretty happy with work out, I am now squatting the same numbers I hit when I gave up the first time, but the difference is I am going to kill this, the whole 7 stages!

Also got myself a calorie book so I can now track my intake more efficiently making it work better.

Have a good day nerds!

Update; managed a quick 1 km swim today. Felt really good!

Wait! What............?

Woohoo on the muscle definition, and weight loss. Saggy skin proves you are winning the battle. My beautiful Bec is proud of her stretch marks. They are the mothers' equivalent to a soldier's war wounds, proof that you put your life on the line to create a life. In my opinion people who think stretch marks are ugly have the intelligence of a turnip.

• Like 1

Totally agree Thom, stretch marks are of little consequence when considering why they are there in the first place! I do ROFL when hearing newly pregnant women talk of this cream or that ointment which will stop stretch marks, ummmm sorry ladies no it won't and how many women would trade places in a heart beat just to be able to get pregnant and have those stretch marks? Turnips!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?

So exercise free day today, I must admit though I would like to go for a walk so my dog loves me again! She was pretty dark on me yesterday because we didn't go. Maybe a short one this evening, just a ramble not a power walk. Thinking about a swim too, just a kilometre while the kids are mucking about.........

Plenty of incidental exercise planned, have to get some order happening before starting work tomorrow, it gets pretty loose around here when I work and chaos reigns supreme, so have figured out some strategies to help with that! This also means sitting in front of the damned computer and doing lesson plans, job charts, meal plans and lists of "to do's" and the lads school diaries so they are not idle all day.

Anyway time for breakfast.........I saw some yummy stuff on Zarklins post and the brain is yelling at me to listen to the stomach and eat!

• Like 2

Wait! What............?