Prologue

Rewind to the summer of 2012. I was a fresh college graduate; I was ready to embark on a new life, in a new state, in a new world called grad school. I was confident, motivated, fit, happy and determined that I would change the world.

I was confident and determined.

I thought I could conquer grad school. Getting my PhD in science couldn’t be so bad, could it? I loved the topic with ever fiber in my being, and would much rather read books about it than go out to watch our football team lose. I wasn’t the smartest person in the world; but I had intelligence on my side, and by golly I was a determined individual. While most girls wrote “Mrs. Jones†and “Mrs. Smith†in their notebooks at school, I was busy filling it with ways of signing my name as Dr. Johnston, PhD.

I was fit.

I was a regular gym lover. I went as much as I could and always enjoyed a tough work out. I was “most likely to have her own fitness showâ€, as my friends joked. I ate healthy and felt healthy too.

I was happy.

Where I am now

Today, after 1.5 years of wear and tear of grad school, I went to the doctors because I just wasn’t feeling my bubbly, active, life loving self. Turns out I have mild depression and anxiety (Ie: Welcome to grad school IMO). I opted to try to change behavioral issues before I attempted to try medication. I weighed ten pounds more than I used to, I am always tired and I don’t feel as full of life and bubbly as my old self. I used to be a “I got this, let’s conquer the world†type of gal. Now I’m lucky to go to the gym 3 days a week. I’ve been making excuses for months about getting back to my “old selfâ€. My labmate introduced me to Nerdfitness a few months ago and now I finally want to make a change.

Main quest: Get back to my healthy, confident, happy self.

I’ll be using this to update on my journey so I can have some motivation. 

• Like 1

Welcome!  I can totally relate to your story...I'm kinda there right now too.  One of my main hurdles is getting so wrapped up and "down" over how far I've fallen from were I was (ie. happy, healthy, take on the world, etc...) that it keeps me from making positive strides towards getting back there again--the whole "move forward without looking back" thing.

NF is a great place to be...so different from other fitness groups...hope you enjoy it and GOOD LUCK!

You can do it!!

Welcome! There are tons of inspirational people, posts, articles, challenges, and pictures here! Feel free to get motivated and encouraged with these resources... and have fun!

You'll kick your quest in the behind! 

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge