Hobbit with the Heart of an Amazon - Battle Log!

Hmm. It's actually kind of hard to tell that any progress has been made. I know that my pants fit better (slightly) and I can lift more stuff, and that I have cool socks, but the pictures aren't showing that I have more muscle tone in my shoulders and arms. Bah. Oh well. Onward and upward, I guess.

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

pictures NEVER show how much muscle I have :)

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

yeah... I get kinda sadded... because I feel these big ole hard lumpy awesome muscles.... 

but I look like flubber

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

yeah... I get kinda sadded... because I feel these big ole hard lumpy awesome muscles....

but I look like flubber

You make me laugh.

Also, you are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

You are my hero, posting your pictures! So long as you feel great and everything is fitting better, you know you are winning!

Thanks! It's partially motivation to keep myself accountable, partially a good place to store my photos, and partially a naïveté on my part in thinking the whole world can't see my pictures. But they can, if they wanted to. But what's going to Be awesome is when people look through my battle log and other posts and see the progress and eventual transformation that's going to happen. Then they'll get inspired and their life will change n stuff. So s'all good.

Also, check out my story/explanation on my current challenge thread. That explains why I've been off the grid (kind of). (I had fun writing it.)

Clearly I have a guilt complex about being AWOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

Can I just tell you that I am pretty sure Steve has been reading my battle log and/or challenges?? 
This is EXACTLY my philosophy of how to eat veggies more/better. 

He even talks about HIDING HIS VEGGIES!!!!!!!!!! Frick yes!!!!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/09/04/vegetable-haters-how-to-start-eating-vegetables/#more-23778

Also, I would like to go to Camp NF one day when I grow up.

LyricalSharon

Hey so follow my progress on my Current Challenge post! Yippee!

I thought I had been :P

Spoiler

I thought I had been :P

That was from beginning of my challenge... Was to direct any wayward rebels newly interested in my battle log over to my challenge thread, so that they didn't think I had died. No dying allowed.

And I'm glad you have been following my challenge thread. I'd be lonely without you.

Sent with a flurry of little thumbs and dog hair.

LyricalSharon

I try to keep up ;)

Spoiler

Can I just say that I got 3kg of frozen chicken breast for $19.78?! Usually $42. I actually got two boxes of them, because this sale comes on like once a year.

I is happy.

Guud fuud fur dayzzzz

LyricalSharon

3k is ~ 6ish# right??

that's like 3 days food :P

YAY SALE!

Spoiler

I am sitting at work, and totally just about answered the phone with "Derpa-derp." Which is what I was about to put here. Ah hahaha! 

In case y'all are wondering where I am.... I took a bit of a break from logging and doing any challenges this time around. I am still working out.... I just needed a break from logging and checking and stuff. Derpa-derp.

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

I think I need some inspiration. I was on instagram and saw some of the EXTREMELY #fitchicks there. And man. It kind of encouraged me to up my game. Except that I don't know how to up it, to the level that they're at. So when I say I need inspiration, I think I mean, I need a bit more inspiration so that my brain can get wrapped around the idea of taking it up a notch. And also, I need a game plan of how to get there. 

Stronglifts is actually doing me a lot of good. I am seeing noticeable results in my legs, shoulders, and can actually feel abs underneath the layer of flub. But I think I've successfully laid down a foundation of working out 3x a week, doing exercises I still really like and still find challenging enough to keep me interested without making success unreachable. I just have to figure out now.... what's next?

I've been deeply considering taking my T/TH/SATs and doing a "Jacob's Ladder" quest for the next challenge. I've heard that JL is really effective in burning calories/challenging cardio/changing body composition. I'm thinking that I ONLY want to do that on T/TH/SATs, except of course for stretching afterwards. I think my cardio is not being challenged or utilized at this moment, what with me essentially just doing SL on M/W/Fs. 

I'm not too interested in doing walking/running at this point: 1) It's cold outside; 2) I'm a little bored with it; 3) The time commitment running takes and mental energy it takes to gear up for running..... not appealing. I think Jacob's Ladder is basically high-intensity - shorter time, great results (hopefully). 

This is one of the pictures that inspired me the most! Usually my jeans split on the inner thigh.... and NOT because I've been working out! Haha!

Thoughts?

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

What an excuse to buy new jeans, hey? 

"Oh yeah, I ripped the ass out of mine with my own ass!" Hahaha.

I googled Jacob's Ladder,and got a climbing machine thingy. Is that what you were talking about? I've never seen one of those before, but it looks like it would be a whole body cardio massacre workout! There are plenty of cardio workouts that aren't running, it's not the end-all of cardio so whatever you do will be fine, I'm sure :)

Keep Kicking Ass!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

What an excuse to buy new jeans, hey? 

"Oh yeah, I ripped the ass out of mine with my own ass!" Hahaha.

I googled Jacob's Ladder,and got a climbing machine thingy. Is that what you were talking about? I've never seen one of those before, but it looks like it would be a whole body cardio massacre workout! There are plenty of cardio workouts that aren't running, it's not the end-all of cardio so whatever you do will be fine, I'm sure :)

Keep Kicking Ass!

Thanks Teagarden! I intend to! 

Yep, the climbing machine thingy is what I am talking about. I've been glancing at it for a while (read: a couple of years) and now the glancing is turned to contemplative staring. As in, "I think I should do that. I've heard good things about it. Yeah. I'm gonna do it." But it totally is a massacre, so I've been a little intimidated by it. 

Bah who cares, I'm going to ladder it up!

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

if you want to then do it

ca't you just climb stairs though? (or mountains??)

Spoiler

if you want to then do it

ca't you just climb stairs though? (or mountains??)

I could..... but surprisingly, there are not many stairs in the town where I live. It's remarkably flat, and most of the buildings are only 2 storeys at most. Plus.... the gym is a literal 3 minute walk away. Mountains are fewer and further, requiring cars and gasoline. 

This thingie makes me have to coordinate limbs and stuff. More challenging/engaging = more chance of longevity and consistency in going on it.

I acquainted myself with the Jacobs Ladder on Tuesday, after boot camp. It was a particularly leg/abs/core-ish boot camp, and so when I rolled out of bed yesterday and then again this morning and thought "OH MY GOSH MY ABS AND MY GLUTES!!!" I attributed the soreness to the class. But when I got on the Jacobs Ladder today..... I realized NOPE THAT'S FROM THIS THING!!! 

Point is, if I keep this up I'm going to have the most well-developed glutes I've ever had in the history of my life. Dang man. 

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

If it makes you happy dude

Spoiler

Yup so I've been AWOL. 

Needed to take a break from NF and tracking stuff. Plus I felt really de-motivated my last couple challenges, and kind of bored. Didn't know what new things to challenge myself on. 

So I let logging fall to the wayside....but fear not! I've been consistently going to the gym and stuff (except for the time when I was sick.....for a week.....oh yeah and the time I had to go the hospital because of a pinched nerve in my shoulder and then had to take another week off). 

I've been hiking a decent amount, and in fact just got back from a 4-day hike/camping trip up to Cape Scott. I did it last year as well and I am happy to report that I am in WAY better shape than I was last year. I wasn't sore when I came back...just tired for a few days. 

That's all for now folks!

• Like 2

LyricalSharon