Hobbit with the Heart of an Amazon - Battle Log!

So just want to say, I am excited about participating in my first official challenge. I really want to level up, both in real life and the real life rpg thing. I am still confused as to whether I post about my current challenge in my challenge post or in my battle log. If in the challenge thread, then I guess i only use the battle log when I am not doing a challenge??? A little help with that would be good.

I just asked the same question :tongue: I don't think it matters, both, or one, or none! depends whats easy for you. :)

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Good to see you back, with a better understanding of yourself. That alone rates a win for your two week challenge. Now you have set yourself goals that will work better for you. You have this in the bag.

On the posting question I plan to keep my daily battle log as normal and post on my challenge thread once a week.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I just asked the same question :tongue: I don't think it matters, both, or one, or none! depends whats easy for you. :)

Good to see you back, with a better understanding of yourself. That alone rates a win for your two week challenge. Now you have set yourself goals that will work better for you. You have this in the bag.

On the posting question I plan to keep my daily battle log as normal and post on my challenge thread once a week.

OK. I am practical, so I don't want to waste my time but I can't justify not updating on the challenge thread...so I think I'll take a page out of your book, Thom. 

Thanks for all the encouragement, folks! :D

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

~Hobbit with the heart of an Amazon~

LVL 4 STR 7 DEX 1.5 STA 8.75 CON 5 WIS 3.5 CHA 3

I'm getting this road on the show... 

This is so much cooler than [insert diet program]

Battle Log Current Challenge

K so I was lurking on other nerds' posts, and began to notice all the cool profile pics, specifically the comic book versions of whatever race the OP was. Inspired, I google'd "fit hobbit girl" (I know, I know).... and GUESS WHO SHOWED UP?!

Evangeline-Lilly-The-Hobbit-New-York-Scr

NO, she does NOT play a Hobbit.... but.... 

dat arm!!!

I love Evangeline Lilly. She's my favourite. She's Canadian - which automatically makes her fantastic. She's also short and awesomely fit!

Kind of a good inspiration for me.

And....

dat arm!!!!

I think I should just crop everything but her arm and put that as my profile pic.  

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

you can make your profile pic whatever you want ;)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

K so here are my measurements (all in inches) on the first day of my challenge (which I will also post in my challenge thread):

Under Armpits/above bust: 36

Bust: 40

Under Bust: 35 (I'm putting this down because I have back rolls that I want to get rid of, so if it's overboard, sorry)

Waist: 34

Navel: 41 (that's where the muffin top resides. I need to give it an eviction notice.)

Hips: 42

R Thigh: 23

L Thigh: 24.5

R Calf: 14.75

L Calf: 14.75

R Upper Arm: 12.75

L Upper Arm: 13

Neck: 15.75

I still have no idea how much I actually weigh. I don't have a scale. I'll try to find one. 

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

The scale lies... measurements don't ;)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Kicked Day #1 in the teeth!

Well more like "just barely did it" but who cares, I did it, that's all that matters!

1) Glass of H20 to Every Cup of Coffee (Henceforth known as "H20/Coffee"): Success! I had a little water throughout the day as well as my morning coffee. I went out for supper with some friends and expressly ordered water with no ice - the only way I'll actually drink it because cold water hurts my teeth and throat - and managed to drink almost a glass and a half! That's actually awesome because usually if I order a glass of water I'll drink maybe a 1/4 cup if I'm lucky. 

2) Angry Birds 3x week: I mentally scheduled to do the A.B. workout on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but didn't put the specific days in my goals so that I could give myself flexibility in case something came up. Today was my first set. I'm already feeling it. 

Here's what I did: 

Bodyweight Squats: 2x15 reps - level 1 complete, move up to next level

Knee Pushups: 3x6 reps, 1x 5 reps - stay on level 1

Inverted Rows (With feet on floor, so I guess modified but still harrrrrrddddd!): 1x 4 reps, 3x 3 reps, 1x 2 reps - definitely stay on level 1!

Plank: 2x20 seconds - stay on level 1. I probably could have pushed myself to do 30 seconds each set, thus moving up a level... but I'm ok being on level 1 for plank a little longer.

3) Take doogins for a walk or run 3x a week: Like the workout, I mentally planned my walks/runs for specific days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. But I took her for a short walk today anyway. 

I literally just finished the workout maybe 15 minutes ago, and already my back muscles are feeling those inverted rows. Weeew, time for some more stretching! 

RAWR!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

RAAWRRRRR GOOD WORK!

Sorry, that just sounded like so much fun. I just did my workout too and I'm feeling very grawr. (it's a thing now.)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

RAAWRRRRR GOOD WORK!

Sorry, that just sounded like so much fun. I just did my workout too and I'm feeling very grawr. (it's a thing now.)

YES.  :eagerness:

DAY 2!!

Challenges:

1) H20 = Coffee: Just finished chugging two cups of water, to balance out my coffee. This whole "I have to post it, so I better do it" thing really works.

2) AB: N/A - Only on M, W, TH. 

3) Mutt Walk: Yes! I actually walked somewhere without her, but then later took her out and walked along the seawall. And chased her as she scarfed someone's leftovers that they didn't bother putting in the trash.  :sour:

So about that workout from yesterday.... my legs, abs, back (upper and across my hips), pecs, armpits, and my glutes are really stiff. I know it's going to get better as I go along (yahoo for levelling up!) but it is rather uncomfortable. It's a little chillier here than it has been, and so I've been bundled up in scarves, toques, and a winter jacket for most of the day. Add that to tight jeans fresh out of the dryer and bloating that I think has to do with some pasta that I ate... and I am feeling SO unflexible. (Is that even a word?!) I've been stretching intermittently throughout the day, but I'm going to add this to my motivation as to why I want to be fit. I don't like feeling like a wooden mannequin! 

I am glad that I completed my goals for today. Yay! 

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

you are kicking some bootay ;)

• Like 1

Spoiler

DAY 3! 

RAWR!!

Inspired by others on NF, I bought sparkly stickers to go on the calendar. I like rewards - and I also like planning stuff out on calendars - so a visual sign that I am accomplishing things that I plan out is totally appealing to me. In my last semester of college I was extremely backlogged with tons of overdue and current assignments, so I planned out everything on the calendar. I then crossed off (or ticked off) assignments as they got done. It was really rewarding to go through and see how much I had accomplished. Coincidentally, I was also training for a 10k run and weight training once or twice a week with a group at school. Having a focused schedule really worked for me. 

So! I bought sparkly star stickers for the days when I weight train, sparkly happy face stickers for when I go for a run/walk with the dog, and sparkly heart stickers for every week that I complete all the goals and don't miss any. 

Today I get to put a star sticker on, cuz I just finished the Angry Birds workout!

Here's what I did:

Squats: 20x2, 15x1 (stay at level 2)

Knee Pushups: 7x2, 6x1 (stay at level 1)

Inverted Rows (w/feet flat): 6x1, 4x1, 5x1, 3x2 (stay at level 1)

Plank: 30secx2 (go to level 2!)

H20: Yeppers!

Walk la pooch: N/A (though I did today, in the pouring rain...ugh)

Hurray!

Also, I showed a friend of mine the picture of Evangeline Lilly as I exclaimed over her arms. He wrinkled his nose and said, "They're indented."
I'm like.... "Yeah. That's because she's got triceps! And shoulder muscles!" Sheesh! Throwing pearls to swine, I tell ya. 

I still love her arms, no matter what anyone says. ;)  

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

Yay stickers! And ignore the naysayers

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Spoiler

Day 4:

Walk/Run with Dog: Yep! Went for a 4km walk in the pouring rain. Go me.
Today's mutt adventure: let her loose in the field I was walking along and realized after a moment that she wasn't following me. She was intent on something on the ground, but I couldn't see what it was. Came back to call her, and she was going from spot to spot, ignoring me. I finally saw her eating something and ran towards her ("Leave it! Leave it!")... when I finally got near her, realized she was running from spot to spot snatching up all the little mushrooms she could possibly find.
Hmm..... 

H20 = Coffee: Yep! I have a 591 ml bottle that I have been filling up. I equate that with two cups of coffee, so that's what I've been drinking in order to break even. (I drink about 2 cups of coffee a day). If I have more, I'll drink some more H20 and log it. 

Angry Birds: N/A

Cool thing about these goals is that I basically have two goals a day, even though I am completing three goals a week. Kind of like this. 

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

Day 5!!

5 DAYS IN A ROW YEAH!!!! 

I slept rather poorly last night - slept for an hour, then was awake for two or three. Finally got up, had something to eat, read a bit, then listened to a really moving podcast by Bill Johnson on blessing and ended up bawling (in a good way). After that I put on another podcast and I guess fell asleep - because I ended up waking up at 11:00!!! Which is good and bad... I have a lot to get done at work and I wanted to go in early... ah well. 

I put another star sticker on my calendar today! Because I completed my goals, woo hoo!

1) H20=Coffee: Yep! I drank at least 3 cups of coffee today, so I made sure to drink at least that. I'm finding myself more thirsty throughout the day too, which is cool because it's actually more satisfying to drink more water when I'm actually thirsty, rather than to have to force myself. 

2) Angry Birds: Yep! Here's what I did:

Squats: Goal was 50 total, so I did 30 first set, and then second set I got to 7 and my right quad started hurting in a not good way. So I stopped and stretched it out a few times. It's a good thing I've got three days until my next AB workout, because I don't want to injure my leg. I'll give it time to rest; tomorrow my walk will be gentle. 

Knee Pushups: 8x1, 6x2 

Back exercise: I started out with 6 inverted rows on my table, but then it started to creak scarily so I switched to one arm rows with my toolcase... which is why I then went to 10x1, 14x1 

Plank: Goal 2 min - 32sx1, 33sx1, 23sx1 - punked out after that. 

3) Walk la Mutt: N/A

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

Woot! Good on you for sticking to it! It's an entirely new feeling when your body craves water and you like giving in to it instead of pumping yourself full of sugar! A lot more satisfying,  I feel. :)

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Update on Day 6!

I had a really busy day yesterday and I didn't get on to log... but basically....

1) H20=Coffee: I had to chug a lot.... because I had a lot of coffee (like I have had today).... but I did it! Blurgh......

2) Walk la mutt: Yep. Wasn't a long walk, but I did it. 

3) AB: N/A. 

This next Saturday I am leaving for a two week trip, so this will be an interesting challenge on, well, completing my challenges. Not only that, but next Monday (a week from now), I start my 13wk walk/run 10k training. I'm also getting new running shoes. (HURRAY!). So I have basically one week to continue my current schedule, and then two weeks of travelling to at least 4 different places (or places to sleep). Good thing I can do the AB workout in sections. I'll be taking my dog, so I will have to get out to walk her around anyway. 

It'll be fun!

Oh and today is my rest day. The only thing I need to do is make sure I drink enough water to equal out my coffee intake. I'll log later on completing that. Yahoo! 

• Like 1

LyricalSharon

Yep... day 7!!

Rest Day.... And yes o yes did I rest!! Wahoo!

Although the dog has been looking at me and sighing. She got me to chase her around the house a bit and play tug but other than that it's been a lot of laying around. I lurv it.

Drank lots of water. I drank probably 4 cups of coffee today (up early, busy in the am, plus went out for lunch)... But I did order a hot water with my coffee. Downed about a half a cup... Lol. Drank lots of water today at church because I was singing and bringing the message. Our sound system died so I had to speak.... And lead singing... With no mic. Good times. Lol!

Tada a WHOLE WEEK completed! Yay!

• Like 3

LyricalSharon

Wahoo! The first day of the second week.... complete!!

I almost punked out on it. I almost didn't bother drinking enough water and I definitely was this ------> [__________] <-------- close to telling myself I'd "do the Angry Birds workout tomorrow." Yeah right. And even all the way through it, I was like, "I don't have to do it all, I can finish it tomorrow." But I also told myself, "That would really suck to log that I missed a day. And that would really suck to not level up all the way." And I definitely thought of the star that would be missing on my calendar, and how I would regret every time I looked at it that I didn't accomplish my goals. 

So... I definitely made myself. Set by set, cup of water by cup of water, I did it. 

With no further ado, Day 8!

1) H20=Coffee: Yessir/Yes'm! I had a business meeting in a town 3.5 hrs away, and it has a Tim Horton's (we don't have one where I live), so I drank my large double double with glee and much satisfaction. Had to drink 20 oz of water at least, too.... 

2) Walk la Mutt: N/A

3) Angry Birds Workout:

Squats: 20x2, 10x2. The right quad is feeling better, but at the end of the last 10 I was starting to feel it again. I think I'll stay at this level this week just to give my legs some recovery. 

Knee Pushups: 9x1, 8x1, 5x1. Yeah! (stay at level 1... but I'm seeing progress!!!!) 

One arm rows: 15x2 (I go up to the next level). I put more weight in my tool kit so that I actually felt challenged at the end of the last few reps. I may invest in a kettle bell when I go on my vacation. 

Plank: 35sx2, 25x1 (stay at level 2)

I decided a couple days ago that I need to do something to reward myself at the end of the six weeks. I thought the inherent satisfaction of completing the challenge and levelling up would be enough, but I think I actually might do or get something tangible. Not sure what yet though.

$T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iLF8BRZ,UBNL6w~~60_35.J

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

Well done pushing through.

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Well done for working through the slump! Swagger all you want. :)

Well done pushing through.

Thanks! I think this is really working - usually if I didn't feel like working out, I wouldn't...in the past. 

Today I also almost punked out! I think I am getting to/through some neural pathways or something that have made it a habit to quit working out after a week, or when situations are less than optimal. I'm pressing through armed with the knowledge that I have to record and face up to my disappointment if I punk out. 

Day....9! I think? Yes. 

1) H20 = Coffee: Gimme a second. I need to get another drink. Ok, done. 

2) Angry Birds: N/A. That's tomorrow... and I am already looking forward to it. 

*Side note: I lurked around on other posts and saw Red1263's challenge to do typewriter pullups and pushups. WHOA MAN that is cool!!!! That's definitely like, a level 25 or 30 thing for me. YEAH. Putting that in the back of my brain to work toward. 

3) Walk la mutt: Yep! I have forgotten in the past to track my walks with Nike+... but this time I did. 3.27 km with the pooch. I usually walk further than that but it was dark and there have been wolves spotted near where I would usually walk. So..... 

*Another side note: I was running a LOT in the summer, but toward the end stopped because the bears started coming out to eat the spawning salmon. Plus, we have cougars in the area. Plus, it gets really dark here, like dark at 4:30 pm (though now it's dark around 5:30). So I'm glad that I actually did go for a walk at night and not chicken out. My best schedule for running/working out is actually in the morning, but I need to figure out how to do that during the winter when it's dark. Maybe I'll get my friend to drive in her truck beside me on the road. LOLOL. 

• Like 2

LyricalSharon

Yeah Red is doing awesome stuff.