• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Blaze vs. the Holidays

I'm coming off the flu so I've lost some unexpected weight, mostly water weight I'm sure, that'll probably come back.  But I do want to focus on not stuffing my face for the holidays.  My friends. co-workers and family all seem intent on stuffing me like a turkey.  But I've managed to resist so far.  So I guess I'm supposed to have one goal.  And that one goal will be to maintain my weight or even lose a little bit in the next twelve days.  I'll do this by watching my portions, choosing the healthiest options, and asking myself 'is it worth it?' and 'is it special?' before I let myself indulge.  

• Like 2

I believe I survived the worst of it pretty well.  I avoided the table full of snacks in favor of playing with my niece and great niece.  I didn't go back for seconds at the dinner table.  And later on in the evening I played Just Dance with the family, which was pretty fun though I'm sure there are now some incriminating pics that will be used against me later.

incriminating pics. lol.  It's weird how everyone tries to force junk food onto each other. I think it's a type of guilt.  If I eat cake and no one else does, I'm a fatass. If I eat cake and make you eat cake...well then we're just enjoying the holidays.

I actually went running yesterday.  I did week 4 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program that I was using back in the summer before I hurt my foot.  The running has been going good every time I've tried it.  It's just so cold that I can't be out there consistently.  But I ran for 14 minutes total during about a 35 minute workout, close to a mile at my very slow jog speed.  It's weird that I actually like to run now.  And running a 5K is still on my To Do list for 2014, along with a whole pile of other stuff.   ^_^

I avoided New Year's Eve party temptations quite creatively this year.  I got in a car accident.  One car, mine, hit an ice patch and went up onto the snowbank, side of a busy boulevard, last night around six o'clock.  It was COLD.  A nice woman named Patrice stopped to help me out.  And then a nice cop came and let me sit in the back of his squad to stay warm while we waited for a tow truck to come pull me off and back onto the street.  The car has minor damage, as do I.  I've got some aches and pains in my back from being jostled around, I think.  But I survived.  Went straight home rather than to the party, had a good supper, a nice hot bath and was asleep before midnight.  I just woke up a few minutes ago, and I'm going to go weigh myself to see what my starting point for 2014 is.

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to say, at the conclusion of the dreaded Holidays, that I lost like several pounds after being violently ill for a couple days.  No surprise there and when I weighed in at Weight Watchers, I told them it was a fluke that I was down four pounds.  BUT the next week after that, I hadn't gained back anything I'd lost.  Finished out the year at 205, when I started at 230.  So Yay!