• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

My goal is to neither binge nor enter into the sluggish, bad habit forming behaviours and feelings of Chritsmases past. I'm so not interested in backsliding and undoing my current progress which more habit-based then weightloss based, but nonetheless, I can do a lot of damage to my sense of self when it comes to visits home. I can walk in fit, energetic and confident and three days later I'm bloated, miserable and have this charming greenish hue. This year I take full responsibility for that behaviour. Guess who's the one doing it?

That would be me.

In order to achieve that goal the next four days will be crucial. 

In order to be realistic, for the next four days I'm going to allow myself one "Christmas Meal" per day including dessert and a glass of wine. Fun, right? Totally. This will mean one plate, reasonably portioned, no restrictions. The idea here is to enjoy that meal with slow attentive eating, know that it's coming and my cravings will be met and then stop once the clearly defined meal (One Plate/One Dessert/Delicious Bevvy) is completed. No mindless grazing throughout the day. The rest of my meals will be normal days eating: eggs and greens for breakfast, beefed up kale salad for lunch. Snack for nutrition when hungry. Look forward to designated Christmas meal for leniency and eating pleasure. I'm going to check into the forum once a day to report how I'm doing with this over the next 4 days. The biggest challenge for me will be not grazing and finding better ways to fill my time then eating. To this end I'm bringing this book by Byron Katie. It's about learning to love yourself and includes thought experiments/exercises I can do. That sounds incredibly cheesy to me and I'm gonna do it anyway! Woot!

In the days that follow the next four, I just want to continue the habits I established in the last challenge. Bionic Eating. True Grit gym times. Habits win, Wills lose. I'm committing to getting thirty minutes of some form of physical activity per day. I'll do much more then that on gym days, but thirty minutes is the rule of thumb. This one will be especially challenging tomorrow (technically today, it's late...) since i'm very booked with travel and visits. In fact. Eff it. Tomorrow I let myself off the hook. Bonus points if I find a way to fit it in. After today it'll be either yoga or a walk. The main idea here is simply to fight that crappy/bloated norm with fresh air and energy. It's not about getting into my burn, it's just about feeling balanced.

Anyone willing to check in on me and hold me accountable, I'd really appreciate the support.

In exchange, i'll remind you that this exists:

You're welcome.

You'll hear from me tomorrow.

Merry Weightloss to all and to all a good night!

Magma

Re: walking and yoga. that's only for the next four days. For the remaining 8 that I'll be back into more rigorous workouts. I'll be in the gym freaking out with happy chemicals--the bi-product of heavy lifting--at least three times/week.

I like your one-meal method of restriction. It seems like a good way to fight the "Must eat all the good things or I'll never have them again" demons.  I'm here to support you!

• Like 1

Yess! Thanks Eilyd. It was super effective. I reeeeeally enjoyed dinner and i feel great. no desire to continue eating, no overeating hangover. It was easy to stop eating when I as full too, cus i didn't feel any kind of restriction. So far, very good. HUGE difference from every other year. Mind you, tonight isnt even over yet and I've got three days of serious food and treats inundation to go. I didn't earn my workout bonus points, but i'll yoga it up first thing tomorrow. How did today go for you?

Your "christmas meal" allowance is awesome! That and realistic. I am aiming for something like that too, if only to stem my feelings of envy towards my friends' christmas meals. Good on you!

• Like 1

Thanks Heavyn! If I'm not bingeing, compulsive and sluggish it's all a huuuuge win. I really related to what you wrote in your challenge intro. Not this year, Christmas! It feels so great! Three days left. We got this yeah!?!

• Like 1

You seem so excited and proud of yourself! (as you should) This makes me happy. :) It is an excellent study in human nature to see how actively exercising self-control can make someone happier than a person who eats without mindfulness. My update's in my thread.

• Like 1

Yo Team! Just finished christmas meal number two. Check this: quinoa, broccoli, sweetpotatoe and butter. I had eggnog with rum in it and a cookie. 

I went for a run for 40 minutes at sunset (snowy country winter roads and an excellent soundtrack!) and started my day with yoga. Dinner was easy and luckily had plenty of nutritious options. I feel like the hardest part will be the rest of the night where we all sit around and socialize. this is pure drinking and snack time usually. Ima sip tastey tea. Wish me luck. Ya'll can't imagine how helpful it is to have support out here! 

Thanks Joedog!

I went for a run yesterday, but here's the part I don't like so much: I didn't stick to my plan yesterday.

I know where I went wrong though.

My christmas plate was too much food.

It didn't look like much (it really didn't), but I had snacked while doing food, i prep knew i wasnt that hungry and i ate it anyway.

and very quickly, because i knew i didnt really need it. It's like i was trying to slip one past the gaurd. I felt guilty...

I felt overly full, i felt like i had failed and from there i gave up.

It was still a relatively better (not crazy or compulsive) eating situation then previous years, but i definietly felt the negative effects of overeating yesterday.

So I'm here to be accountable and make a new strategy for today.

I need to be more careful about portioning and stopping when full. I need to slow down. The food is so rich, it doesn't take much to feel the effects of eating it.

I went for a run this morning.

I'm gonna either intermittent fast or mono-food oranges until christmas meal number four (last one best one!)

Good luck out there! Anyone else slipping up and sticking to it anyway? It'd be great to hear.

Thanks fellow rebel nerds!

Mags

Oh ick. I know that feel. My counter for those kinds of situations tend to be eating a raw food diet the rest of the day--water, tea, hot lemon water, nuts and veggies. It helps flush out all the delicious but gut-clogging feast.

Let me remind you: You are not guilty, and you did not fail. You followed the plan that you had made, but the plan had holes (pre-snacking, etc.). You were still less compulsive than previous years, and you are now aware of the need to make amends. You are responsible for your health, but you don't need to feel guilt and failure for your plan not working perfectly yesterday.

For me, I did great on the Christmas Dinner portion control (I left like 2/3 of the meat on the plate, because I was full!). But I drank a bucket of home-made eggnog. My BIL estimated that on average, we drank 3 eggs, a pint of cream, and 1/4 cup of sugar each (plus the rum), but I know I had more than others, so my quantity was up. And I feel it today (along with the wheat in so many things...ow my joints). I've just got more incentive to go do yoga now!

Actually, that's what I'll do. I'm going to get up from writing this post and do 30 minutes of yoga. You want to join me in spirit?

I wasn't all that happy with my Christmas dinner performance, though it could have been worse.  I posted about it in my thread--I figure I ate about 500 fewer calories than I do most years, but still more than I had planned.

yeah, I'd focus on the positives.  If you did better than last time then it's success. Now you know to do even better next time and you're golden.